Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

Halo 4 soundtrack.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

If anyone wants to hear it, it's over on IGN, with an interview I believe, or the composer talking about his experience with it? I haven't even read it; I'm just listening to the music first. So far, it's OK. It's different than the other Halo's of course, but I don't know, I think it's going to be one of those things where it may sound better when I play the final game. If I could, I'd link this elsewhere other than IGN since I know some of you don't like IGN, but oh well, here it is if you're interested. Come back and say what you think. Personally, I'm skipping the remixes since they won't be in the actual game, so those aren't what I'm interested in. Also, off topic, but it sounds like this games campaign will only be at least (at most?) eight hours long, this is because of the achievements. I could be wrong.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/22/listen-to-the-halo-4-soundtrack-right-now

I don't think (as of right now) that I like the available tracks, they sound too generic. To me, it's the kind of music that's just there, and it doesn't really give that much of an impact on my emotions, but I guess I'll have to see when I finally play it this November.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DharmaBum

I'm fine with the music being more electronic than orchestral, I just hope it doesn't fall into generic bombastic territory. Not sure about some of the glitchy sound layers. We'll have to wait and see how it works in the context of the game, if it fits the style they're going for.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Brenderous

The start of that Awakening remix sounds like the music you'd hear in a club in the Halo universe. I really like To Galaxy. Very different though. I hope the men's oooooOOOOOOOohhhHHHhhh choir returns.

EDIT: APOCALYPTICA? Awesome!

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By manhattan_project

I find it insane that people are trying to judge this without playing the game.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Brenderous

@Manhattan_Project: Video game music can totally stand by itself, so judging the music outside the game isn't that insane for me. Same goes for movie scores. If anything is insane it's judging a sample of some music before its finished. Obviously the way they are used in the game is the most important, though.

I think it sounds pretty cool so far.

manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By manhattan_project

@Brenderous said:

@Manhattan_Project: Video game music can totally stand by itself, so judging the music outside the game isn't that insane for me. Same goes for movie scores. If anything is insane it's judging a sample of some music before its finished. Obviously the way they are used in the game is the most important, though.

I think it sounds pretty cool so far.

I meant in relation to the game.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Elazul

Wow, that last track, "Ascendancy" sounds a hell of a lot like Metroid Prime music. I love MP and all, but this is actually starting to get kinda weird.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Brenderous

@Manhattan_Project: Oh.

EleFlameMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EleFlameMax

It's easy to mix wrongly. Just remember your contents, bros.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kindgineer

I really liked the "original" sample version, but the remix felt forced. I usually like that sort of thing, but there was just something off about that version. However, as always, I will be buying the OST for Halo releases because they are generally pretty good. Halo 3's depressed me a tad, though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

Yeah, I could definitely see some of that in a Halo game. It sounds new and different without sounding completely non-Halo - kind of like what the developers seem to be going for with the game.

I hope it turns out great!

manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Brenderous said:

@Manhattan_Project: Oh.

Yeah.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By big_jon

Nice!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NTM

@Manhattan_Project: Can't really judge it to the full extent until we play the final game anyways, but there's no problem giving an opinion on what something sounds like regardless of where it comes from, or what it's for.

manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NTM said:

@Manhattan_Project: Can't really judge it to the full extent until we play the final game anyways, but there's no problem giving an opinion on what something sounds like regardless of where it comes from, or what it's for.

People saying it doesn't fit the game is what I find really stupid since we have no idea what the tone of the game is.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NTM

@Manhattan_Project: Oh, hm. I didn't know there were people doing that, or at least I didn't see any comments on it, then again, I'm not really paying attention. Are people complaining that it doesn't fit Halo? Yeah, that is dumb.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jillsandwich

Well, I'm way in to it.

mordi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mordi

“The first game itself to me was a key experience. The one that keeps coming to mind, funny enough, is when I was working on the Massive Attack album 100th Window, my assistant programmer and I used to play ‘Hang ‘em High’ all the time.”

That's pretty cool.

Masakari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Masakari

Still feels Halo-ish, yet hits some different mood and atmosphere beats. I'm really liking what I've heard of the OST so far, glad I pre-ordered the 2-disk soundtrack edition.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.