Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

Is there any reason to be excited for this game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MonkeyMitcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MonkeyMitcho

For the record i DON'T own an Xbox 360 the only contact I've had with this game is playing a couple of games with my friends in split screen.

So when i heard they announced Halo 4 i didn't care at all. (obviously)

SO! After E3 the response to Halo 4 has been (to my surprise) fairly good.

My question i guess is: Why is it that anyone is excited? is it just another really good game? or am i missing something?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

You're trolling. Or just really ignorant.

I don't care about Halo. Played CE and 3 and didn't particularly enjoy the experience. But I know that the games are popular and that a lot of people care about the franchise, so it's easy to see why people would be excited for a Halo 4. You don't even own an Xbox 360 and you've had a minimal amount of exposure to the series, so how can you even be serious by saying that you're not excited and wonder why other people are?

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp

@MonkeyMitcho said:

For the record i DON'T own an Xbox 360

That's where I stopped reading, and FLAGGED

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bell_End

why would anyone be excited for really great games in general. i mean WHY

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM

@FluxWaveZ said:

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mtcantor

This entire line of questioning flummoxes me. You don't own an Xbox, and you haven't really ever played the previous games.

So no. There is very little reason for you to be excited about it.

But, you say you are interested because of the coverage at E3. Why is that? Just the hype? Hype can do that. Or was it because Halo 4 looks like it's making some big changes to the series that may broaden it's scope and appeal to newer players.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

It looks awesome to me and I like Halo games, so that's reason enough for me to be excited.

MonkeyMitcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By MonkeyMitcho

@Bell_End: Yeah but i mean after 5 of them is the buzz still there?

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bell_End

@MonkeyMitcho said:

@Bell_End: Yeah but i mean after 5 of them is the buzz still there?

i guess we will see. but i don't blame people for being excited about the frachise they love.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The series promises me loads of fun multiplayer moments, amazing co op and a story that's going to entertain me for enough hours to make it worth the purchase.
    That's Halo to me.
    And the thing to always remember is that tastes differ., because I will camp my gamestore for this game.

But other people ignore its existence and instead prefer to play Modern Warshooter 12.
    To each their own.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By bibamatt

Because it's the next game in Microsoft's biggest franchise, which is a franchise that is huge and every game is generally loved by press and gamers alike. It's also the first (ignoring the CE remake) game from the new developer, 343 Studios. That's big news. Some are wary, some are excited for a change. There's been a load of hype since E3 because the stuff they showed alleviated a lot of the 'wary' for a lot of people.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karkarov

@FluxWaveZ said:

I don't care about Halo. Played CE and 3 and didn't particularly enjoy the experience. But I know that the games are popular and that a lot of people care about the franchise, so it's easy to see why people would be excited for a Halo 4. You don't even own an Xbox 360 and you've had a minimal amount of exposure to the series, so how can you even be serious by saying that you're not excited and wonder why other people are?

I don't know dude, Halo is a pretty over rated series. I mean it started okay, then gave us more of the same but ehhh deal with it, then gave us more of the same again+ even crappier story. The series is old and tired and I seriously don't understand why anyone outside of a halo fanboi would give two craps at this point. Bear in mind I do own an xbox, a 360, and have played 1-3 but not the spinoffs.

To hard core fps/halo fans I am sure there is plenty to be hyped for... but anyone not in those groups probably shouldn't be very excited.

That said it is sort of retarded to make a post about this OP if you don't even own an Xbox 360. Hype is just that, hype. If you haven't found a reason to buy a 360 yet I suggest your stick to your guns and don't change your mind now.

Zenogiasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Zenogiasu

If you've liked other Halo games, you will probably like Halo 4.

I... I don't know what else to tell you. If you don't have a 360, then this probably won't sell the system for you.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Justin258

@Karkarov said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

I don't know dude, Halo is a pretty over rated series. I mean it started okay, then gave us more of the same but ehhh deal with it, then gave us more of the same again+ even crappier story. The series is old and tired and I seriously don't understand why anyone outside of a halo fanboi would give two craps at this point. Bear in mind I do own an xbox, a 360, and have played 1-3 but not the spinoffs.

To hard core fps/halo fans I am sure there is plenty to be hyped for... but anyone not in those groups probably shouldn't be very excited.

That said it is sort of retarded to make a post about this OP if you don't even own an Xbox 360. Hype is just that, hype. If you haven't found a reason to buy a 360 yet I suggest your stick to your guns and don't change your mind now.

@MonkeyMitcho said:

For the record i DON'T own an Xbox 360 the only contact I've had with this game is playing a couple of games with my friends in split screen.

So when i heard they announced Halo 4 i didn't care at all. (obviously)

SO! After E3 the response to Halo 4 has been (to my surprise) fairly good.

My question i guess is: Why is it that anyone is excited? is it just another really good game? or am i missing something?

Do you guys like any of the following?

Mario Kart

The Legend of Zelda

Call of Duty

World of Warcraft

Mario Platformers (either 2D or 3D)

Battlefield

Pokemon

Tomb Raider

...and so on and so forth. Those games are all long-running franchises that have all had multiple games (expansions, in the case of WoW) in a row where not much was fundamentally changed and all of them save for CoD gets a free pass by most people because of the fucking name attached. Sure, I'm a little tired of the Halo formula, but a lot of people aren't and I'm still very, very interested to see how Halo 4 turns out.

If you don't care about the franchise, fine. The OP himself said he wasn't invested in it. But live and let live. I'm certain that everyone who plays video games has been excited for the next release of a series of games that don't change much, you guys included.

(Gee, this came across more defensive than I meant it to.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Because video games are fun and people enjoy playing them.

Except on this site. This site is people who hate playing video games but have no choice but to talk about them.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Acting surprised that people are excited about the continuation of one of the most successful videogame franchises in existence? Failure to provide any real reasoning or justification regarding said reaction?

Some people would call that trolling.

Not me however.

I'm too busy wondering who this "Super Mario" guy is that the kids are all talking about...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.