Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Halo: Reach is unplayable..

• 70 results
    Helushune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Helushune
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @Helushune said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " There is still a concern about my 360. I have noticed that in game it sometimes freezes. Is this a Halo Reach framerate issue or a 360 issue? " "
    Does it happen with other games as well?  Is the game installed to the hard drive?  If the game's installed and it freezes, that's not a good sign.  if it happens with other games as well, I'd say your 360 is on its way out. "
    It is the new Reach model. xD  I have no other games to test it out and it has not been installed. "
    When/where does it stutter?  I should have asked that first.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Diamond

The temporal AA shouldn't be giving you headache or sickness.  Try sitting further away or closer to your HDTV, try changing the lighting in your room, too.

If you're completely new to 360, maybe getting used to the gamepad controlling a game will take time.  Your brain is rewiring itself.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Helushune said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @Helushune said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " There is still a concern about my 360. I have noticed that in game it sometimes freezes. Is this a Halo Reach framerate issue or a 360 issue? " "
    Does it happen with other games as well?  Is the game installed to the hard drive?  If the game's installed and it freezes, that's not a good sign.  if it happens with other games as well, I'd say your 360 is on its way out. "
    It is the new Reach model. xD  I have no other games to test it out and it has not been installed. "
    When/where does it stutter?  I should have asked that first. "
    One time there were 3 of these vehicles on screen the shoot bombs (Have no idea what they are called) and explosions were going off everywhere.
    wyld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By wyld

Violently move your head around to compensate for the blur on the screen

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By MichaelBach
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    "  If you are planning on me starting a flame war don't count on it because the game is amazing, however I have a issue -  There is a strange motion blur that is giving me a massive headache and motio n sickness, very strange since I have never had anything like this happen.  How can I play it without being sick? >__>  Thanks.  "
    Maybe you need to change your distance to the TV or it could be the lighting. If not I suggest taking a long break after each hour or so.
    rhacer63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By rhacer63

This is a fascinating conversation. I rarely have problems with motion sickness and games, and have never had that problem with a Bungie game, however, I can't play anything from [i]The Orange Box[/i] without getting horribly nauseated. II had to play Portal in short bursts and still never finished it and only got a couple of chapters into Half Life 2 before I had to either put it away or move my console into the bathroom.

As to screen chug in Reach, it's definitely evident from time to time (at least in Four Player Co-Op Campaign on Legendary difficulty). Not enough to make the game unplayable but enough to notice.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
    @Diamond said:

" The temporal AA shouldn't be giving you headache or sickness.  Try sitting further away or closer to your HDTV, try changing the lighting in your room, too.  If you're completely new to 360, maybe getting used to the gamepad controlling a game will take time.  Your brain is rewiring itself. "

1152x720. I can understand downscaling but fucking horizontal res, shite bro.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Diamond
    @ThePhantomnaut said:
    Resolution won't make a person feel ill, unless they have severe mental issues.
    ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
    @Diamond said:
    " @ThePhantomnaut said:
    Resolution won't make a person feel ill, unless they have severe mental issues. "
    But that and the temp AA together sort of contributes the effect. I guess 1280x720 creates more unstability. Uggh.
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I thought motion blur was in a lot of games?

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

The only time I remember something like this is when I was playing Black for the PS2 on an HDTV. Exactly the same as the OP claims.

I'd say either TV issues or the the guy just doesn't like him some blur. I kind of don't mind heavy blur at all.

Helushune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Helushune
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    One time there were 3 of these vehicles on screen the shoot bombs (Have no idea what they are called) and explosions were going off everywhere. "
    The frame rate's going to choke on encounters/experiences like that.  It doesn't mean there's a problem with your console. 
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Helushune said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    One time there were 3 of these vehicles on screen the shoot bombs (Have no idea what they are called) and explosions were going off everywhere. "
    The frame rate's going to choke on encounters/experiences like that.  It doesn't mean there's a problem with your console.  "
    Cool, I should have realized that but I have been playing PC a lot lately and when a game lags or anything I assume it is my PC's fault. >__< 

Still loving the hell out of Reach, though.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Branthog

Yeah, the motion blur is annoying. It's almost as bad as the poorly executed motion blur from the first Just Cause.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By jakob187

Unfortunately, there is no way to change the motion blur in the game.  It's not really something that has caused me to become nauseous or have headaches, but it's definitely irritating as fuck. 

I hope things work out for you, OP.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Sit as close to the screen as you can.

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By Sander
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    When I stop playing Reach I feel dizzy/trippy

Sounds like good times. Vaporizer not even required.
    godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#68  Edited By godzilla_sushi

@NekuSakuraba said:

If you are planning on me starting a flame war don't count on it because the game is amazing, however I have a issue - There is a strange motion blur that is giving me a massive headache and motio n sickness, very strange since I have never had anything like this happen. How can I play it without being sick? >__> Thanks.

I just strolled past this thread. In retrospect, seriously? Come on.....

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Godzilla_Sushi

@NekuSakuraba said:

If you are planning on me starting a flame war don't count on it because the game is amazing, however I have a issue - There is a strange motion blur that is giving me a massive headache and motio n sickness, very strange since I have never had anything like this happen. How can I play it without being sick? >__> Thanks.

What?
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Godzilla_Sushi

@NekuSakuraba said:

What?

He decided to be a douche for no apparent reason, is basically what he's saying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.