Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

should Halo 4 change the Halo format

• 78 results
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By niamahai

Just finished Reach. Amazing campaign from start to end (kinda agree with Jeff's review, regarding the last 2 chapters).

Now that Bungie won't be developing future Halo titles, do you think they should change Halo's shooting mechanics?

Should 343 Industries introduce:
    - Aiming down the sight 
    - Faster run speed
    - Sexual tension amongst the Spartans (female spartans have nice booty, FACT)
    - Cussing in the Halo universe
    - kiddie Spartan boot camp
    - abducting lil' kids mini game

*anybody notice that they make the grunt's voice less high pitched now.

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By blair

For the love of fuck, I hope the change of format is 'no more Halo'.  That's just my opinion.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By thatfrood

Halo is a fun game. I hope they make more halos.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hourai

If they turn Halo into Call of Duty, I will stop playing Halo. 

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By AURON570
    @Blair said:
    " For the love of fuck, I hope the change of format is 'no more Halo'.  That's just my opinion. "
    I agree .

@ThatFrood said:
    " Halo is a fun game. I hope they make more halos. "
    Like this??
    No Caption Provided
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By zombie2011

They will, they've probably got so many ideas for the next Halo. I mean all 343 has done is Waypoint which probably wasn't that hard for them.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By niamahai
    @brosyn said:
    " There shouldn't even be a Halo 4. This franchise shouldn't be milked like the Mario or the MGS series. "
    You're right.

Bring on Halo Wars 2 with Kinect support. 

"ALLLLLLLL UNITS!"
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Jadeskye

Personally i would hope they are done with it. 

However it's a cash cow now. Anything they make will sell. 

Edit: @niamahai said: 

You're right.  Bring on Halo Wars 2 with Kinect support.   "ALLLLLLLL UNITS!" "
    I take it back. Bring on the ALLLLL UNITS hand motion.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

Halo 4 should just be a 3rd person character action game starring Master Chief and his mysterious adventures on the planet we last saw him drift towards. Punch, kick, and sword your way though hordes of foes. And... Lincoln and Boothe's brain can come too.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I hope they make an ODST 2, but make it like old school Ghost Recon or something. I didn't like how it was so similar to Halo 3, I was never reminded that ODSTs =/= SPARTANS. 

Also, Halo 4 should star master Chief on the planet he crash landed on, but be a point and click adventure game. 

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By niamahai

off topic:

The halo engine would make a perfect star war FPS. 

the covenants plasma beams are spot-on for SW's pewpewpew.
     convenant zealots are typically jedi knights who can 1 shot you.

Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Humanoid

I laughed so hard at sexual tension. You'd think that Spartans would be hornier than rabbits in mating season with all that shark testosterone. 

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Vinny_Says

they should make a space combat game, I'm currently reading the fall of reach and the best parts are when Jacob Keyes fights covenant starships

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SlightConfuse

i think they should make halo wars 2

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Noodles
    @Humanoid said:

" I laughed so hard at sexual tension. You'd think that Spartans would be hornier than rabbits in mating season with all that shark testosterone.  "

Three words: Noble Team homosex.

Brb, writing fanfic.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By ajamafalous

I hope Halo 4 is like Halo 2, since that was the best Halo.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By niamahai
    @Humanoid said:

" I laughed so hard at sexual tension. You'd think that Spartans would be hornier than rabbits in mating season with all that shark testosterone.  "

Before Reach was released, i suspected that either 

1. Player character and Kat gets it on. 
    2. Player character and Carter gets it on.     
    3. Kat and Carter gets it on.
    4. Carter/Kat get cock/pussy envy 'cause Player Character got some.
    5. Emile is Ghost.
    R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By R3Qui4M
    @niamahai: I think it absolutely should. It is currently the longest running franchise that hasn't really changed too much since its inception. They should change the formula for the next game, before franchise fatigue truly sets in.
    JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JerichoBlyth

Halo 4 should be set in another universe, which turns out to be a universe within another Halo in another universe...cross eyed yet?

.....either that or they should release a definitie Halo Multiplayer game as DLC and add maps to it forever and ever. But y'know - that ain't profitable....and you've got to have MONEY.

Vao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Vao

I think they should get away from that point in time that all the halo games take place. Go a Knights of the Old Republic path and go couple hundred years in the past or the future and tell a different story. Space combat could be fun, the short mission in Reach was fun and done better then some games that only aspect is air/space combat. And No to looking down the sights of the gun, it doesn't hurt having different types of FPS games. 

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By FreakAche

Why are you talking about this? Halo Reach just came out. Go play that!

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By captain_clayman

no more halo for at least like 5 years.  seriously.  halo reach will hold out for a long time.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @niamahai said:

" Just finished Reach. Amazing campaign from start to end (kinda agree with Jeff's review, regarding the last 2 chapters).  Now that Bungie won't be developing future Halo titles, do you think they should change Halo's shooting mechanics?  Should 343 Industries introduce: - Aiming down the sight  - Faster run speed - Sexual tension amongst the Spartans (female spartans have nice booty, FACT)- Cussing in the Halo universe - kiddie Spartan boot camp - abducting lil' kids mini game   *anybody notice that they make the grunt's voice less high pitched now. "

Its apparent you know nothing about spartans. They had injections that stave off sexual urges.  Why cussing? Cussing doesn't make a game better.  

No one got anything "on" In the books it talks about the stuff they go though to become spartans. 
    GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GioVANNI
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " they should make a space combat game, I'm currently reading the fall of reach and the best parts are when Jacob Keyes fights covenant starships "
    Yeah, I thought the space combat sequence in Reach was really awesome.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By EpicSteve

Another traditional Halo game cannot happen, however, I want more from that universe. I just want a different pace or tone. Oh, and sprint being a standard function.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By niamahai
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @niamahai said:

" Just finished Reach. Amazing campaign from start to end (kinda agree with Jeff's review, regarding the last 2 chapters).  Now that Bungie won't be developing future Halo titles, do you think they should change Halo's shooting mechanics?  Should 343 Industries introduce: - Aiming down the sight  - Faster run speed - Sexual tension amongst the Spartans (female spartans have nice booty, FACT)- Cussing in the Halo universe - kiddie Spartan boot camp - abducting lil' kids mini game   *anybody notice that they make the grunt's voice less high pitched now. "

Its apparent you know nothing about spartans. They had injections that stave off sexual urges.  Why cussing? Cussing doesn't make a game better.   No one got anything "on" In the books it talks about the stuff they go though to become spartans.  "
    but 2 spartan did 'get-it-on' in the Marvel comic books (not sure it was canon)
    thought it was basically making out in the toilet stalls. when they were 12.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @niamahai said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @niamahai said:

Its apparent you know nothing about spartans. They had injections that stave off sexual urges.  Why cussing? Cussing doesn't make a game better.   No one got anything "on" In the books it talks about the stuff they go though to become spartans.  "
    but 2 spartan did 'get-it-on' in the Marvel comic books (not sure it was canon) thought it was basically making out in the toilet stalls. when they were 12. "
    No....not canon at all. They where trained from a young young age. No sexual tension at all.  

Also Marvel is not Bungie Or MS 
    tenchim1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tenchim1a

Here is a wacky idea: 

Halo 4 X Fallout 3 = Hallout 12 

Master Chief gets to the planet, crash lands, and leaves the "vault" of the frigate piece he was on.  His primary quest is to find Cortana.  On his travels he'll meet an assortment of personalities.  And the combat can be similar to what was done in Fallout 3 but make it a real FPS. He'll level-up and acquire new weapons all while finding out what this planet is, how to contact Earth, and where did his AI companion go.  Even better, when you do find her she can be a companion running some robot or mech.

Imagine the possibilities.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By niamahai
    @tenchim1a said:
    " Here is a wacky idea:  Halo 4 X Fallout 3 = Hallout 12  Master Chief gets to the planet, crash lands, and leaves the "vault" of the frigate piece he was on.  His primary quest is to find Cortana.  On his travels he'll meet an assortment of personalities.  And the combat can be similar to what was done in Fallout 3 but make it a real FPS. He'll level-up and acquire new weapons all while finding out what this planet is, how to contact Earth, and where did his AI companion go.  Even better, when you do find her she can be a companion running some robot or mech. Imagine the possibilities. "
    but will it have Bongo Bongo in the Congo playing?

i'm thankful that MS killed the Halo MMO. That would really oversaturize the franchise. 
    Halo RPG would be sweet.

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    No....not canon at all. They where trained from a young young age. No sexual tension at all.   Also Marvel is not Bungie Or MS  "
    but whatever content Marvel did is sanctioned by MS, hence it is considered canon.
    Like the one where Brian Mendis (can't recall the name) did which bridges the story between 2&3.

Currently theres one on-going regarding Dr. Halsley (spelling) and the start of the spartan program.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @niamahai said:
    " @tenchim1a said:
    " Here is a wacky idea:  Halo 4 X Fallout 3 = Hallout 12  Master Chief gets to the planet, crash lands, and leaves the "vault" of the frigate piece he was on.  His primary quest is to find Cortana.  On his travels he'll meet an assortment of personalities.  And the combat can be similar to what was done in Fallout 3 but make it a real FPS. He'll level-up and acquire new weapons all while finding out what this planet is, how to contact Earth, and where did his AI companion go.  Even better, when you do find her she can be a companion running some robot or mech. Imagine the possibilities. "
    but will it have Bongo Bongo in the Congo playing?

i'm thankful that MS killed the Halo MMO. That would really oversaturize the franchise. 
    Halo RPG would be sweet.

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    No....not canon at all. They where trained from a young young age. No sexual tension at all.   Also Marvel is not Bungie Or MS  "
    but whatever content Marvel did is sanctioned by MS, hence it is considered canon. Like the one where Brian Mendis (can't recall the name) did which bridges the story between 2&3.  Currently theres one on-going regarding Dr. Halsley (spelling) and the start of the spartan program. "
    Its only canon if MS says its canon. And it was not.  

They never got it on. They never will. They have had drugs to suppress sexual wants. Along with other things that would inter fear with there training. 
    GregariousGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GregariousGreg
    @The_Laughing_Man: To be fair who's to say the drug was 100% effective
    High_Nunez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By High_Nunez

I like to think of Halo as a story arc within a larger fiction. With that in mind they can make dozens of stories set in that universe.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Afroman269

The haters should shut up, there's no way Halo will stop being made. I think what should be done is for it to not be called Halo 4 at all. They should start a new storyline with Master Chief. The mechanics of the game will definitely have to change but I highly doubt MS would do that. I expect to see more of the same Halo.

SuperBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SuperBuster
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @niamahai said:
    " @niamahai said:

but 2 spartan did 'get-it-on' in the Marvel comic books (not sure it was canon) thought it was basically making out in the toilet stalls. when they were 12. "
    Weren't the sexual drive-killing drugs administered after the initial training regimen along with all of the cybernetics and stuff which killed more than half of them? It's been a while since I read the book but I don't recall the age when they underwent the treatment being mentioned. It's possible that two 12-y/o Spartan trainees got it on before they were given the treatment.

Also, this is a stretch but, even if the Spartans don't have a sexual drive it should still be possible for them to feel love and affection. A kiss is a form of affection and having sex has often been referred to as "making love." Hell, the UNSC might even step in and tell two Spartans to procreate to get more possible Spartans.
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By Daveyo520

I don't think there should be a Halo 4. Let Bungie have the last game and be done. I don't want the series to get prolonged and dragged out like Final Fantasy or Tony Hawk.

Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
    deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that they're willing to do things like an RTS with the franchise. It does show they're willing to experiment.  

On that note although maybe not for Halo 4 but for a future Halo spin off maybe they could do a Halo RPG or a Halo flight combat game. 

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By niamahai
    @Daveyo520 said:
    " I don't think there should be a Halo 4. Let Bungie have the last game and be done. I don't want the series to get prolonged and dragged out like Final Fantasy or Tony Hawk. "
    NOOOO

there is so much potential for awesome Halo stories!
    OdinsThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OdinsThunder

Don't need to see another halo game until next generation of xbox.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DystopiaX

Yes, but not in the way you're suggesting. No sexualization, and imitating CoD is not the right move considering how saturated the market is with CoD clones.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DystopiaX
    @GioVANNI said:
    " @blacklabeldomm said:
    " they should make a space combat game, I'm currently reading the fall of reach and the best parts are when Jacob Keyes fights covenant starships "
    Yeah, I thought the space combat sequence in Reach was really awesome. "
    But canonically the Covenant space tech is so much better than the humans the whole game would be really imbalanced.
    karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By karatetron
    @niamahai said:
     5. Emile is Ghost. "  

No Caption Provided
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By Daveyo520
    @niamahai: They will eventually drag it into the ground. You saw how Halo Wars was.
    Pumer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Pumer

I'm fine with more Halo Wars style spin-off's, but the Reach multiplayer is damn near perfect, and I don't want it to lose it's community because they start pumping out yearly pieces of shit.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By niamahai
    @Daveyo520 said:
    " @niamahai: They will eventually drag it into the ground. You saw how Halo Wars was. "
    Which is a fine console RTS.
     will be finer if they had more time to make it better.

i won't mind paying for campaign DLC, IMO possible milkage
    . Buck's adventure 
    . Jun's adventure
    . Arbiter's adventure
    . Carter's adventure 
    . Kat's adventure (i want this one bad)
    . MC adventure!
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SuperBuster said:

" @niamahai said:
    " @niamahai said:

Weren't the sexual drive-killing drugs administered after the initial training regimen along with all of the cybernetics and stuff which killed more than half of them? It's been a while since I read the book but I don't recall the age when they underwent the treatment being mentioned. It's possible that two 12-y/o Spartan trainees got it on before they were given the treatment.  Also, this is a stretch but, even if the Spartans don't have a sexual drive it should still be possible for them to feel love and affection. A kiss is a form of affection and having sex has often been referred to as "making love." Hell, the UNSC might even step in and tell two Spartans to procreate to get more possible Spartans. "
    Its amazing how bad you guys want them to have sex. 
    SuperBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SuperBuster
    @The_Laughing_Man: Beware my pervert powah.
    Magiczipper82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Magiczipper82
    @niamahai: Emile is ghost, what are you talking about?
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AuthenticM

Halo most definitely needs to get a drastic makeover. The same as God of War. If Halo 4 is the same shit that we got for the past 10 years, I am straight up not playing that game.

stokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By stokes
    @TheCreamFilling:   I agree.  Considering that Ghost Recon seems to be getting away from it's tactical game play, there is a void that needs to be filled.  Plus, that's what I always kind of thought ODST was supposed to be like.  Turns out, it was just another Halo.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BraveToaster
    Troll

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.