Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

Do not read the ESRB summary for heavy rain.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By trophyhunter

I just did and had a very big part of the game horribly spoiled. 
    It was not just throw away thing either it was a very big "event" in the game.
    and  no, I'm not blaming the ESRB or bitching I'm just warning people.  So all you "well you should not have read it assholes" can just shove it.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ryanwho

How would you know its a big event if you haven't played the game? That's like saying the first 5 minutes of Mass Effect 2 are a big event and the game is ruined if someone tells you. If every little bit of game info is going to ruin the game for you, get a little self control, jesus.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pause422

This has happened several times now, I don't know why anyone even takes the time to read those things in the first place.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I don't understand why anybody reads ESRB summary's before they have played the game. You can't expect this stuff to be spoiler free.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Alexander
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By trophyhunter
    @ryanwho said:

" How would you know its a big event if you haven't played the game? That's like saying the first 5 minutes of Mass Effect 2 are a big event and the game is ruined if someone tells you. If every little bit of game info is going to ruin the game for you, get a little self control, jesus. "

no, I'm not blaming the ESRB or bitching I'm just warning people, and trust me it's a big event. 
    I can tell it big because I've followed every about heavy rain so I know what it's all about. This nothing like mass effect, why don't you pause a second before judging people jackass.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By trophyhunter
    @pause422:
    @creamypies said:

" I don't understand why anybody reads ESRB summary's before they have played the game. You can't expect this stuff to be spoiler free. "

because they are always funny as hell and reading them before you buy is what they are meant for, and because I made a career out of making fun of them 
    stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By stinky

read it. didn't see anything about plot or story at all. 

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @trophyhunter said:

" @pause422:

@creamypies

said:

" I don't understand why anybody reads ESRB summary's before they have played the game. You can't expect this stuff to be spoiler free. "

because they are always funny as hell and reading them before you buy is what they are meant for, and because I made a career out of making fun of them  "
    I know that is what they're meant for. But we don't need the ESRB to tell us about games, that's why we frequent GB and such. I make fun of them too, but if it's a game I care about... I'll wait until I've played through it before I read it.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By trophyhunter
    @stinky said:
    " read it. didn't see anything about plot or story at all.  "
    do you have any idea what heavy rain is about in the first place?
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#11  Edited By citizenkane

Who actually reads ESRB summaries anyways?

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By trophyhunter
    @CitizenKane said:
    " Who actually reads ESRB summaries anyways? "
    you my friend are missing out, go read the mass effect 2 one. 
    it is one of the funniest thing ever how they talk about space furniture and future blouses.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

Well its now happened a few times so, even if someone enjoys normally reading such things, if you want a game spoiler free it seems the best idea is to definitely not check the ESRB summary until you have played it yourself. Then you can laugh at its description later.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By trophyhunter
    @pause422 said:
    " Well its now happened a few times so, even if someone enjoys normally reading such things, if you want a game spoiler free it seems the best idea is to definitely not check the ESRB summary until you have played it yourself. Then you can laugh at its description later. "
    again for the 4th fucking time I'm not complaining that there were spoilers just warning people, ok??
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By citizenkane
    @trophyhunter said:

" @CitizenKane said:

you my friend are missing out, go read the mass effect 2 one.  it is one of the funniest thing ever how they talk about space furniture and future blouses. "
    I remember that one being posted here on the forums.  Good stuff.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By trophyhunter
    @CitizenKane said:
    " @trophyhunter said:

" @CitizenKane said:

you my friend are missing out, go read the mass effect 2 one.  it is one of the funniest thing ever how they talk about space furniture and future blouses. "
    I remember that one being posted here on the forums.  Good stuff. "
    yeah by me
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By citizenkane
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    " @trophyhunter said:

" @CitizenKane said:

yeah by me "
    Shows how good my memory is.  =D
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pause422
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @pause422 said:
    " Well its now happened a few times so, even if someone enjoys normally reading such things, if you want a game spoiler free it seems the best idea is to definitely not check the ESRB summary until you have played it yourself. Then you can laugh at its description later. "
    again for the 4th fucking time I'm not complaining that there were spoilers just warning people, ok?? "
    When anywhere did I say here I was calling you out for 'complaining'? Other than you putting words in my mouth, so to speak. I'm just stating it seems like a better idea for ANYONE to wait on reading descriptions to games since the ESRB seems to have no problems with spoiling big things in their summaries. Just a statement/suggestion dude, not anything more.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Karmum

I'm glad that the ESRB isn't, you know, bias at all. :P

Overall, the game's highly evolved motion-capture graphics (advanced renderings by 2010 standards) sharpen the sense of realism, increasing the impact of some aspects of pertinent content (the nudity, blood, violence, etc.).

Regardless of that tidbit, it's the ESRB summary. Expect anything.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iam3green

i didn't really seem like spoilers. they are just minor things in the game.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LiquidPrince

All right I won't.

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Hyuzen

Its not a huge plot point. it tells you something that a certain character will do but its not like they're revealing something huge.

if you want to remain ignorant to the whole story then don't read the summary, if you want to know about a potentially engaging situation then read the summary. it really makes me want to get a ps3

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Hyuzen said:

" Its not a huge plot point. it tells you something that a certain character will do but its not like they're revealing something huge.  if you want to remain ignorant to the whole story then don't read the summary, if you want to know about a potentially engaging situation then read the summary. it really makes me want to get a ps3 "

I don't know if  engaging is the right word for that hahaha.
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By apathylad
    @CitizenKane said:

The Gamespot Hotpost podcast has a recurring segment where they read the ESRB rating descriptions. 

example, here's something from the Assassin's Creed 2 sexual undertones (Don't think it's a spoiler, but just in case): 

Singstar Latino has one the weirdest descriptions I ever read:

This is a karaoke music game in which players sing along with music videos that feature a variety of Latin American recording artists. Players score points by matching the pitch and duration of notes displayed on the screen. Some music videos depict women in revealing clothing (e.g., tight pants, bikini tops, bra-like tops, shirts/dresses that expose deep cleavage) and performing provocative dance moves (e.g., touching breasts and crotch, grinding and gyrating hips). One video depicts a couple, presumably nude, rolling around and kissing underneath bedsheets. The game includes a video with an extended allusion to bodily fluids: A painting depicts a pipe connected to a man's groin and emptying a yellow fluid into a stream. As the song plays in the background (e.g., "Mi agüita amarilla . . . Mo ja las ca lles . . . Y la empie zo a mear." [My little yellow water . . . It wets the streets . . . And I start to pee.]), a teacher pours a yellow fluid into several cups and serves them to his students, who drink heartily. Another video depicts a Wild West scene where a woman is hanging at the gallows, while two characters face off in a gun duel. Some videos briefly depict people smoking cigarettes or cigars. Song lyrics occasionally contain suggestive/sexual references (e.g., "Y no me hables de sexo seguro" [And don't talk to me about safe sex] and "Ni un instinto animal que el sexo vuelva loco" [Not an animal instinct that goes nuts for sex])
    Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Hyuzen
    @trophyhunter: right... i couldn't come up with the right word.

a potentially Saw-esque moment. or is that saying too much?
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Hyuzen said:
    " @trophyhunter: right... i couldn't come up with the right word.  a potentially Saw-esque moment. or is that saying too much? "
    I was just going to say ouch lol
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By xyzygy
    @Hyuzen: WTF at that Singstar one. Just WTF.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mordukai
    @CitizenKane said:
    ESRB proofreaders? 
    Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#29  Edited By Brackynews
    @CitizenKane said:

" @trophyhunter said:

Any chance we can get a wiki field for it?  It's literally part of the official rating, so slap it behind a spoiler-gate and viola, Top Ten Most Salacious etc. etc.  But seriously it would be another notch in Giant Bomb's belt for making informed purchasing decisions.  I don't have to bet that there are parents here, I know there are.

Anyway, perhaps PEGI and others will follow suit eventually.  It could be a thing.
    NegativeCreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NegativeCreep

"The camera does not fade on characters addicted to the fictional drug Triptocaine, referred to as "dope" in the game: Players may see a character trembling next to open vials; lines of cut white powder on a table; and a man staggering from the drug's ill-effects, as the screen turns blurry."

Wow.......that's some DARK shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.