Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

Exclusive Title?

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx

Hey all, pardon me for wandering into a Sony forum but this game has really captured my imagination after watching the quick look and I was wondering if this is a confirmed exclusive or if I might be able to hope and will it over to the 360 at some point? Thanks in advance! It's games like this that make me wish I had enough disposable income to buy all three platforms.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ProfessorEss

Confirmed exclusive.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By august

Looks like Sony is the game's publisher so... they probably basically own it. So I'm guessing it's never getting ported.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By FCKSNAP

Sony owns the IP AFAIK. Just like Demon's Souls and Heavenly Sword (to name a few).

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

Yes it's exclusive, but you never know... might see a PC port in about a year or 2 like they did with Indigo Prophecy.

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx

Man bummer, this game looks intensely interesting. Good on Sony for securing such a great developer. Looks like I'll have to replay Indigo Prophecy instead =p

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By get2sammyb
    @UnlivedPhalanx: Sony funded it and I believe SCEE own the IP. I'd say there's 0% chance of a port.

Yup, it's in their owned franchises list.
    DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By DarkShaper

Heavy Rain is a PS3 exclusive, sorry. 

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By chililili

Yeah I doubt it will recoup the money (looks very expensive and niche) so MAYBE on the PC in a few years, but even that's sort that hard to see as they've rattled on about this has been made specifically to work with the ps3 and they'd have to redo lots of code and stuff to get it to run on a normal PC. Still put it on a list or something maybe when when the ps3's a littlebit cheaper or the game is you can pick it up play it a friends house or something.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Rockdalf

Shame, Between LBP, Demon's Souls, MAG and this I'ma have to break down and buy a PS3.

What's with all the exclusives hitting like a ton of bricks.  I remember when X360 had the good exclusives :(  I'll be glad when exclusives are a thing of the past.

Solarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Solarus

I like exclusives because I end up buying every console anyway. Having a game exclusive just means less of a decision for me, and also means the game was developed solely for a single system (and as thus, is made with that system's hardware in mind instead of having to streamline to work for multiple consoles).

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By super_machine

It uses the POWER OF THE CELL!!! J/K, as mentioned its published by SCEE, so no chance of going to the 360.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MikkaQ

I like exclusives because it justifies me buying all three consoles one week-to-a-month before all they all had their respective price drops. I really dropped the ball on this generation, but oh well. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.