Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Horizon Zero Dawn

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2017

Explore a lush, post-apocalyptic world inhabited by robotic beasts while uncovering secrets of the past.

Scale the Horizon in 2017

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

Assumed release date will be on the 28th of February, 2017.

...so no exclusive robotic dino hunting for you this year! Though they never did give an actual release date before, so I'm not too disappointed...or well, maybe a little, because this still looks pretty great! Certainly miles more interesting than anything they ever did with Killzone.

Shame about one less exclusive this year. Maybe we'll still get The Last Guardian, right guys?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Everything to do with game's story aspects looks boring as Hell... but the robo-dinosaurs continue to look real cool and the gameplay seemed fun from what they've shown, so it still holds my interest. I'm okay with waiting til next year, too.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Kinda have a feeling this would happen, seems there is a lot of things going on today in the gaming industry!

jackburtonme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That's unfortunate... not particularly surprising, though. Also, it's a good thing there are robot dinosaurs because man that dialogue is rough.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By TheWildCard

Not surprising, sounded like it was still aways off when it was being shown behind closed doors last year.

Looks like it might be more story focused than I thought though. I really like the idea of how human society rebuilds and reacts long after an apocalyptic scenario a lot more than the usual amidst society falling apart. Not gonna get my expectation too high but I would be nice if they go in some interesting directions with that. Although yes that is some pretty overwrought trailer dialogue alright!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Humanity

This game looks to have one of my ALL TIME favorite videogame gimmicks/switcharoos.

A setting that takes place in a primitive world for the majority of the story only to have the protagonist discover a stowed away gateway into this incredibly hyper futuristic area. I love that shift from wild nature to sleek metal, future architecture and holograms.

Really excited by this game. Tomb Raider is one of my favorite adventure games of this new generation and this seems to take everything I liked and throw in sci-fi which is my favorite genre.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Chase a riddle into a wilderness of mysteries? Who writes this shit?

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I feel like I am the only one not really feeling this game. Looks like they have studied open world games intensely and made one of those.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horizon was my most anticipated new IP for the year, but no surprise this is getting pushed. I love the look of this, even if the characters speak in Emmerich-esque modern colloquialisms. How about inventing a new way of speaking for folks living in a post-apoc world hundreds of years after the fall of man.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like to imagine this is set in the far-flung future of Enslaved: Odyssey to the West... Mostly because I want to see what happened to FMV Andy Serkis.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, not so keen of the "outcast" stuff, but basically I want to find out what Aloy wants to find out? Hopefully they do something cool with it. Still really want to play a game with robot animals though.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw...See ya next year space cowboy.

Pretty much a day 1 purchase assuming everything early is mostly positive. There's just a feeling I get from watching it play out, with the music, the look; I need to play this.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#13 FinalDasa  Moderator

I was hoping this would be a 2016 release but I can wait. Maybe in February this will allow Horizon to sell more than it would in the tough holiday season.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hippie_genocide said:

Chase a riddle into a wilderness of mysteries? Who writes this shit?

I know it's just a trailer but man, the writing is so cringey. Let's hope the action and gameplay make up for it.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man horizon zero dawn looks so good. This is what happens when invest in interesting new projects aka fuck God of War 4 and the entire MS lineup

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks pretty awesome. Hopefully the gameplay holds up. I love the character designs. The robot dinosaurs are obviously cool, but the design of the main character is also great, the "kickass cave-woman" look really works.

Here's a question: if there's only a bunch of robot dinosaurs in the world, where do they get all those pelts from? Are there also regular, furry animals? Are there hairy robot dinosaurs?

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks like exactly the kind of game I love, hope it turns out as great as it looks.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atwa said:

I feel like I am the only one not really feeling this game. Looks like they have studied open world games intensely and made one of those.

I just really like the creativity and visual design that's going into it. I'm sure it'll be derivative mechanically, but I really just want to hang out in that world for a while.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Shit, first Scalebound and now this? C'mon first party games. (granted we've had Quantom Break and Uncharted 4 but I like my 3rd person action games a little less simple)

As always though, better late than broken.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I've not heard of this game until Sony's E3 press conferance and I thought it looked really cool. The mix of robots and stone age tech is interesting.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reminds me of Far Cry Primal the Transformer's edition.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just realized this is going to release within weeks of Persona 5. Fuck. I don't know if I'll have time for this at launch.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After all the big disappointments lately (both games and tangentially movies) I am super warey of this game. I might check it out a few weeks after release so I have time to see the reviews and such.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After all the big disappointments lately (both games and tangentially movies) I am super warey of this game. I might check it out a few weeks after release so I have time to see the reviews and such.

Yeah, me too. I'm still holding on to hope for this one, it just looks so fucking cool. All of the gameplay demos have been stellar, and the art design is just awesome, both the character design and monster design. I really hope it comes together.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gkhan said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:

Yeah, me too. I'm still holding on to hope for this one, it just looks so fucking cool. All of the gameplay demos have been stellar, and the art design is just awesome, both the character design and monster design. I really hope it comes together.

Yeah but then you remember that it's an open world game made by a dev who hasn't made one before. I really can see that world being a dead lifeless one. I want a Witcher\Elder Scrolls open world not a Shadow of Mordor open world.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gkhan said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:

Yeah but then you remember that it's an open world game made by a dev who hasn't made one before. I really can see that world being a dead lifeless one. I want a Witcher\Elder Scrolls open world not a Shadow of Mordor open world.

It's a fair point. There's a good chance that the world is just filled with fetch-quests and robo-dino-checkpoint races. Guerrilla haven't really let me down so far (I've at least liked all the Killzone games, and they all play great), but as you say, there's no way of knowing for sure with a developer that haven't made open world before.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@jonny_anonymous: @gkhan: For Horizon, Guerrilla hired a lot of people who have made open world games before, including some leads from both the Witcher and Fallout series; in previous interviews, they've been open about what you're saying, which is that they do not have experience in this genre, and have planned with that in mind. While this is certainly not a guarantee of quality in any way (after all, even companies who make great open worlds don't do so every time) I felt this was a really good sign. At the very least, Guerrilla has taken the right approach here.

I continue to be very curious about this game..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.