Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 22, 2007

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 is a film noir-style adventure game for the Nintendo DS; the player controls Kyle Hyde, a cop-turned-salesman trying to solve the mystery of the unassuming Hotel Dusk. The DS is held like a book when played.

Best DS Game?

SuperMooseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SuperMooseman

In my opinion, this is the best DS game out there. Everything about the game is perfect, and I played it non-stop due to the immense story. Seriously, everyone needs to pick this title up.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Lies

Awesome, until you put it down for a bit, forget where you were supposed to go, and have to go around knocking on EVERY SINGLE DOOR until someone answers and you trigger the right dialogue >=(

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Endogene

tough one, there are some real gems on the DS, still one of the best adventure games on it.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#4  Edited By vigorousjammer

it's a great game, but once I played through it once, I didn't really feel the need to go back to it...

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Endogene
    Vigorousjammer said:
    "it's a great game, but once I played through it once, I didn't really feel the need to go back to it..."
    that is the same for every adventure game really.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail

I say it is the "Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass". But to each his own.

Jigen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Jigen

I had a real problem with Hotel Dusk for one main reason.  It pales in comparison in every way (IMO) to Under a Killing Moon, a 1994 PC game that came on 4 CDs, had 3d graphics & FMV cutscenes, and was done in a mystery noir style, and was an adventure game.  Once that thought popped into my head, I sadly couldn't have any more fun with Hotel Dusk.

My favorite DS games are Orcs & Elves and Mugen no Frontier Super Robot Taisen OG Saga.

thedeusmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By thedeusmachine

I don't know if I could just say the DS has a "Best Game".  I can certainly say I enjoyed this game more than Phantom Hourglass, and I'd say it's one of my favorite games.  I definetly understand the complaint that it's easy to put down and come back to the game completely clueless, but the story and characters are so endearing that it's easily forgivable.  I just took a break from Chrono Trigger to finish this game since I'd set it aside for awhile.

Definetly glad I did.  The DS is a great system to own.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Meowayne

If you don't read much (or at all), Hotel Dusk certainly must be awesome. If you do, you notice that while being better than most games, the script is still a little on the weak side for a game that is 80% dependant on it. That, and the above mentioned "Knock on every door to find the trigger event" problem prevent it from being the best DS game. It certainly is an awesome adventure, although the ending is very weak.

For me, the best DS game is 1701 A.D., followed by Chrono Trigger.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By crunchUK

it is because, it's the only game that's truly unique to the DS is you get what i mean - stuff like mario kart or nintendogs or whatever could be done on anything

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By SpinCookie
    crunchUK said:
    "it is because, it's the only game that's truly unique to the DS is you get what i mean - stuff like mario kart or nintendogs or whatever could be done on anything"
    The world ends with you is a better example of a truly unique DS game.  Hotel Dusk could have been done on the PC.

I hated hotel dusk, the pacing was excruciatingly slow and there was way too much dialog, it wasn't much of a game. 
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By kush

I have yet to play this game, but I really want to find a copy. I hate the "Greatest Hits" (or whatever they call them) DS Box Art...I want to find an original copy of the game, but I have had no luck so far.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By kush

Hmmmm...I'm not sure if that really would be the original case. Maybe they just haven't updated the picture (they tend to do that) ....should I trust the Mooseman or not? That is the question.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By SpinCookie

you can always just download the cover you want offline somewhere, or make your own, i do that all the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.