InFamous gameplay (wow)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -
#2 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -
#3 Posted by Rorie (2912 posts) -

This game really looks rad. My only complaint is that it just kinda looks like more inFamous, but considering how good those games are, I can't complain.

Staff
#4 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

@rorie: Yeah but I really love Infamous and there is not much another choice for that. kind of game. Also of course I am really interested in the story.

Yup, Rorie already posted this video to the site.

I believe my response was;

@selfconfessedcynic said:
  1. Shooting in mid-air? CONFIRMED
  2. Multiple air-dashes? CONFIRMED
  3. Warp through fences? CONFIRMED
  4. Destructible elements in the environment? CONFIRMED

Buying it day 1? CONFIRMED.

Oh I did not see that. I apologize for that. Guess we can close this one^^

#5 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

@rorie said:

This game really looks rad. My only complaint is that it just kinda looks like more inFamous, but considering how good those games are, I can't complain.

To some extent I agree?

I'm hoping that the other powers he absorbs after fire are more interesting - and I hope it doesn't end up like Cole where the other powers are just modifiers to the normal set of powers.

My dream inFamous game would enable you to hotswap between whole different sets of powers on the fly (like with the d-pad or something). So you can start having DMC or Heavenly Sword elements of comboing powers.

Anywho - either way, I hope they reveal some of the different things going forward. I was totally expecting them to show a different power set this time.

#6 Edited by kishinfoulux (2309 posts) -

It's more of a franchise I really don't care for. The absorbing powers bit may make it more appealing, but I hope they are cooler then just fire.

#7 Edited by Jimbo (9813 posts) -

Looks good. Would have made a great launch title.

#8 Posted by MildMolasses (3221 posts) -

@rorie said:

I agree it looks rad, but the "more inFamous" part is what's not doing it for me. Two games was enough for me

#9 Edited by probablytuna (3665 posts) -

@rorie said:

I agree it looks rad, but the "more inFamous" part is what's not doing it for me. Two games was enough for me

Yep, pretty much this. I didn't even finish inFamous 2 and I don't think I ever will.

#10 Posted by Chaser324 (6546 posts) -

This was posted to the site prior to this thread getting made. Take comments over there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.