Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 26, 2009

inFamous is a third-person open-world action game in which players take control of Cole, an urban explorer / bike messenger changed by a mysterious blast that grants him electricity-based superpowers.

This game is amazing

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By nexas
    So for those who don't know the pre-order demo just launched today, so after waiting an hour for it to download, I decided to check it out.

I was not disappointed.

The graphics were nice. The controls were quick and easy to pick up. And there were a  number of missions allowing you to try about both the good and evil portions of game.

The parkour element of the game is very reminiscent of Sucker Punch's Sly Cooper series Lots climbing up poles and running on wires and such. Your also given three powers to work with; the regular lightening bolt , the shock grenade, and the shockwave. The most fun was finding different ways of comboing  these powers to take down your enemys. Probably my only real complaint was how quickly it was Cole went down when he was being assaulted by a large group of enemies, as it was sometimes difficult to find a good electrical device to heal up with.

So for those who have a code check this out immediately if you haven't already. For those who don't the demo will be coming out on the 21st.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

Have you played Crackdown? If so, would you say it was a similar game?

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By nexas
    Hitchenson said:
    "Have you played Crackdown? If so, would you say it was a similar game?"
    I've only played the demo ands its been a long time since then so I really can't say much about similarities between the two.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hitchenson
    Nexas said:
    "Hitchenson said:
    I've only played the demo ands its been a long time since then so I really can't say much about similarities between the two."
    Ah, fair enough. I just looked at the video in Brad's post about this, and it looks awesome. When's it out?
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By shadows_kill

nice does anyone know if it will also be available from qore?

Hitchenson said:

"Nexas said:
    "Hitchenson said:
    I've only played the demo ands its been a long time since then so I really can't say much about similarities between the two."
    Ah, fair enough. I just looked at the video in Brad's post about this, and it looks awesome. When's it out?
    "
    its the 26th i think

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hitchenson
    shadows_kill said:
    "nice does anyone know if it will also be available from qore?

Hitchenson said:
    "Nexas said:
    "Hitchenson said:
    "
    its the 26th i think"
    Of THIS month? Awesome.
    SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By SpinCookie

I preordered it online from gamestop, I didn't get a demo code, was it supposed to get emailed to me?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

Gamestop doesn't even give a demo to begin with, think only Best Buy does a demo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.