Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iPhone

Platform »

The iPhone is a multimedia multi-touch smartphone created by Apple Inc.

Official iPhone game discussion thread

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JokerSmilez

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread that could be the go-to place for talking about your favorite games, finding new games that others like, or sharing info for playing multiplayer games.  

Here's a screenshot of all the games I have currently on my phone. 

No Caption Provided
    My top 3 favorites: 
    1. Oribital 
    - A really fun and addictive game with great music and aesthetic. A real challenge, with multiple game modes with different styles of play. I don't see many people talking about it either so I always mention it when people ask me about good games for the iPhone. 
    2. Plants vs. Zombies 
    - Admittedly, I don't play this as much as I used to since I beat it, but it's still one of the best "tower defense" games out there for the iPhone, with a great visual style. A little pricey, but you'll put in lots of time. 
    3. Shibuya (right now) 
    - This game came out during PAX and was on sale during that weekend so I decided to pick it up when I saw people tweeting about it. It's quite addictive but can get really challenging (and frustrating) especially at the higher difficulty levels. One of those games were it takes a while to really "get it", and feel like you know what you're doing.

Please no spamming of "iPhone sucks" or "mobile games aren't real games" posts. If you feel the urge to do that, no one likes you.
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By VicRattlehead

shibuya and angry birds are probably the only games i regularly play on my iphone.... 
    street fighter 4 is also alright on the iphone... not as complex as the console versions but a fun little time waster

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Monkey Island 2: Special Edition is on sale for $0.99 right now.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mikemcn

Tilt to Live is so damn fun, 10 million points in classic alone and I still cant stop playing. I MUST GET TO 15 MILLION!

OF Course #1 on the leaderboards is some dude with like 500 million, which must be unlegit because after 20 million theres no way its humanly possible to win at that game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Origina1Penguin said:
    " Monkey Island 2: Special Edition is on sale for $0.99 right now. "
    Whoa!  Thanks for the heads up.  A million thanks, duder! I've been thinking about it, as Tim Schafer has been constantly posting about it on Twitter. 

OT: 
    My favorites I'm gonna have to go with are Fruit Ninja, Doodle Jump (I know everyone likes it, but it's so goddamned fun), and, though it's not really a game, Akinator.
    PAJ89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By PAJ89

I recently acquired an iPod Touch 4th Gen, and have been pleasantly surprised at how fun some of the games are. My collection consists of the following:

Paid Downloads
    Angry Birds
    Broken Sword Director's Cut
    Canabalt
    DoodleJump
    Flight Control
    Mega Worm
    Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
    Puzzle Agent

Free Downloads
    Buganoids
    Flood-It! 2
    Grav Runner
    Mr Runner
    NinJump
    NOM
    Paper Toss
    Sushi Cat
    Virtual Table Tennis

On a semi-related note, I was wondering if anyone who has Broken Sword is experiencing the same problem as I am. I've completed the first section as Nico and am now at the first section as George (the cafe bombing). When I try and save my game at the cafe scene, I'm booted back to the iPod Touch menu and am forced to reload my last game at the end of the Nico section. I've tried turning the iPod off and back on and re-synching the app, both to no avail. I had no problems saving the game up until this point. Any info much appreciated.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By FunkyHugo

Dark Nebula 2 

Fantastic little game, and its only 99 cents.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Origina1Penguin said:
    " Monkey Island 2: Special Edition is on sale for $0.99 right now. "
    I love you for pointing this out. I just spend 2$ for two awesome-ass games. 

The iPhone game I'm most addicted to would be Super Mega Worm, because holy shit something about it is just really addictive, and taps into somethin' primal. 

Also if you haven't, check out Super HookShot, that game's really neat. Kinda like a Bionic Commando without any of the shooting or fighting.  

And as a bonus, since this is also an iPhone game, I've been playing a lot of Puzzle Agent on the iPad, so awesome for people into Layton games, or just puzzle/adventures in general.
    sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#9  Edited By sarahsdad

Dominion - A sort of Risk game that can be played in Classic style, or with objectives and bonuses. 

Rimelands, Hammer of Thor: Turn-based rpg. Only one character, but it's possible to level up class powers for a fighter, thief, or rogue.

Stinky2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Stinky2
    @XII_Sniper:   
     just saw a video of Super Mega Worm, looks hilarious. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.