That teaser site

Avatar image for tebbit
#1 Edited by Tebbit (4586 posts) -

Does anyone want to speculate on what the game is going to be? 
 

This pains me, because in New Zealand right now the time is 2.08PM, August 12th. DAMN YOU EDT! 
This pains me, because in New Zealand right now the time is 2.08PM, August 12th. DAMN YOU EDT! 
I'm betting on NEW IP!!! 
A link for you fine gentlemen 
EDIT: Am I going crazy, or is the infinity symbol tilted more than it was before?
1464534-irrationalteaser2.png
SOMEONE CONFIRM
Avatar image for themustachehero
#2 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6649 posts) -

Link?

Avatar image for dany
#3 Posted by Dany (8018 posts) -

Infinite?

Avatar image for ch13696
#4 Posted by ch13696 (4760 posts) -

Is it the new Snake game? Oh God I've been wanting a sequel all my life.

Avatar image for spoonman671
#5 Posted by Spoonman671 (5572 posts) -

That's clearly a track.  Biokart Racing.

Avatar image for buzz_clik
#6 Posted by buzz_clik (7407 posts) -
Moderator
Avatar image for beachthunder
#7 Posted by BeachThunder (14196 posts) -
Online
Avatar image for ajayraz
#8 Posted by AjayRaz (12757 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
" @ch13696 said:
" Is it the new Snake game? Oh God I've been wanting a sequel all my life. "
Maybe it's some kind of survival horror spin on Snake. 
hopefully with Kinect support 
Avatar image for turboman
#9 Posted by turboman (8852 posts) -

Infinite Icarus?

Avatar image for fluxwavez
#10 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19834 posts) -

Freedom Force: Infinite and Beyond.

Avatar image for tebbit
#11 Posted by Tebbit (4586 posts) -

I hope they brought the rights to Wipeout 2097, and are remaking it with ONLY the Icarus craft.

Avatar image for buzz_clik
#12 Posted by buzz_clik (7407 posts) -
@Tebbit said:
" I hope they brought the rights to Wipeout 2097, and are remaking it with ONLY the Icarus craft. "
Although I'm more an Assegai man, that's still something I could get behind.
Moderator
Avatar image for bionicicide
#13 Posted by Bionicicide (1230 posts) -

Totally pointless until the actual reveal, but it gets them on blogs.

Avatar image for infamousbig
#14 Posted by InfamousBIG (3309 posts) -

Peter Molyneux's glorious liver spotted balls. 

Avatar image for fluxwavez
#15 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19834 posts) -
@Bionicicide said:
" Totally pointless until the actual reveal, but it gets them on blogs. "
I swear there will be riots if this doesn't turn out to be something significant.
Avatar image for beachthunder
#16 Posted by BeachThunder (14196 posts) -

I just realised that the image actually shows a rotated and flipped S. 
S for System and S for Shock. 
Also, the game is revealed on the 12th. 1+2 = 3. 
Therefore, it is almost certain that the game will be System Shock 3.
 
:D

Online
Avatar image for fluxwavez
#17 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19834 posts) -
@BeachThunder: Well... okay then.  Kind of hope it's something else, though.
Avatar image for trophyhunter
#18 Posted by trophyhunter (6038 posts) -

  System Shock 3

Avatar image for drewbs
#19 Posted by Drewbs (2794 posts) -

I'm calling it, System Shock 4.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
#20 Edited by buzz_killington (3654 posts) -

It will be an Unreal Engine-based game, with a first person perspective that blurs the lines between action and RPG with some interesting narrative elements. I'll put money on it.

Avatar image for beachthunder
#21 Posted by BeachThunder (14196 posts) -
@Atomasist said:
" I'm calling it, System Shock 4. "
Now that I'm actually looking at the site, I'm starting to think it might be System Shock 8.
Online
Avatar image for drewbs
#22 Posted by Drewbs (2794 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
" @Atomasist said:
" I'm calling it, System Shock 4. "
Now that I'm actually looking at the site, I'm starting to think it might be System Shock 8. "
The infinite symbol is a metaphor for how better 4 is going to be infinitely better than 3.
Avatar image for sgtreznor
#23 Posted by SgtReznor (230 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
" @ch13696 said:
" Is it the new Snake game? Oh God I've been wanting a sequel all my life. "
Maybe it's some kind of survival horror spin on Snake. 
 
"
you mean, the kind of Snake that you would find ....... ON A MOTHERFUCKIN' PLANE?
 
There, I called it, it's Snakes On A Plane: The Game.
Avatar image for tebbit
#24 Posted by Tebbit (4586 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
" I just realised that the image actually shows a rotated and flipped S. 
S for System and S for Shock. 
Also, the game is revealed on the 12th. 1+2 = 3. 
Therefore, it is almost certain that the game will be System Shock 3.  :D "
Works for me! 
 
@InfamousBIG said:
" Peter Molyneux's glorious liver spotted balls.  "
Reveal of the century 
 
@buzz_clik said:
" @Tebbit said:
" I hope they brought the rights to Wipeout 2097, and are remaking it with ONLY the Icarus craft. "
Although I'm more an Assegai man, that's still something I could get behind. "
Assegai can turn like a Russian. Well, at least they could in Wip3out
Avatar image for fjordson
#25 Posted by Fjordson (2565 posts) -

I'm dying to know what this is. I kept thinking the reveal was today, but it's only for the press. Maybe we'll be fortunate and get some kind of leak before tomorrow's trailer.

Avatar image for tebbit
#26 Posted by Tebbit (4586 posts) -
@Atomasist said:
" @BeachThunder said:
" @Atomasist said:
" I'm calling it, System Shock 4. "
Now that I'm actually looking at the site, I'm starting to think it might be System Shock 8. "
The infinite symbol is a metaphor for how better 4 is going to be infinitely better than 3. "
System Shock Infinity, you heard it here first! 
 
MMOCreepfest.
Avatar image for fjordson
#27 Posted by Fjordson (2565 posts) -

I don't see how they would be working on System Shock if EA owns the IP.
 
(If the SS suggestions have been merely sarcastic then feel free to ignore me)

Avatar image for tebbit
#28 Posted by Tebbit (4586 posts) -
@Fjordson said:
" I don't see how they would be working on System Shock if EA owns the IP.  (If the SS suggestions have been merely sarcastic then feel free to ignore me) "  
I think it's everyone's dream that they'd make a new System Shock, but yeah, that whole EA owning the rights is a real stick in the mud. I think most people are hoping that 2K has secretly acquired the rights, or that Irrational is somehow making it as part of the EA partners program. I want to believe!! 
Avatar image for beachthunder
#29 Posted by BeachThunder (14196 posts) -
@Fjordson said:
" I don't see how they would be working on System Shock if EA owns the IP.  (If the SS suggestions have been merely sarcastic then feel free to ignore me) "
Just awkward wishful thinking.
 
I guess Dead Space was pretty much SS3 anyway =|
Online
Avatar image for tru3_blu3
#30 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3541 posts) -

If it's System Shock 3, it's going to be a shooter with regenerative health. Mark my words.

Avatar image for fjordson
#31 Posted by Fjordson (2565 posts) -
@Tebbit said:
" @Fjordson said:
" I don't see how they would be working on System Shock if EA owns the IP.  (If the SS suggestions have been merely sarcastic then feel free to ignore me) "  
I think it's everyone's dream that they'd make a new System Shock, but yeah, that whole EA owning the rights is a real stick in the mud. I think most people are hoping that 2K has secretly acquired the rights, or that Irrational is somehow making it as part of the EA partners program. I want to believe!!  "
That would be too perfect for words.
Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
#32 Edited by PNut_Buttr_Panda (492 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:

" @BeachThunder said:

" @ch13696 said:
" Is it the new Snake game? Oh God I've been wanting a sequel all my life. "
Maybe it's some kind of survival horror spin on Snake. 
hopefully with Kinect support  "
hell no...
 
@buzz_killington said:
" It will be an Unreal Engine-based game, with a first person perspective that blurs the lines between action and RPG with some interesting narrative elements. I'll put money on it. "

isnt that basically every irrational game?
Avatar image for tebbit
#33 Posted by Tebbit (4586 posts) -
@PNut_Buttr_Panda said:
@buzz_killington said:
" It will be an Unreal Engine-based game, with a first person perspective that blurs the lines between action and RPG with some interesting narrative elements. I'll put money on it. "
isnt that basically every irrational game? "
Yep. But this time, with STYLE.
Avatar image for i_smell
#34 Posted by I_smell (4218 posts) -

I posted this yesterday when the teaser sight was a hidden number 8:
 
 It's updated. Now showing a number 8 through a spotlight?
Is the number 8 a road? I can't tell.
 
Just wanted to pop in n say that I just listened to the latest Irrational podcast. They said it'll reveal the game and a trailer.
The podcast is full of music from Tim Davies Big Band, which- Nobody would hire an orchestra band to do a podcast. I personally think they're using music that was recorded the game. It's got a really amazon jungle vibe to it, with kind of a 50's swing, which I think suits their style of games a whole damn bunch, so it's plausible.
So if this game is set in the jungle, then I am a genius and I win.
Also I think this game might be about a golden-age comic super-hero type guy, cos that's what spotlights mean to me. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.