I Won a Trophy for Jackie Chan

#1 Posted by MrJared (399 posts) -

Hey all. At NorCal Regionals a month or so ago, my friend Pavo (ILLiterate, NorCal Boxer player) and I money matched to see who was the best Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire player in the region. I won and for Christmas, he gave me my reward. 

Toooooo good!
#2 Posted by Jeff (3670 posts) -

That might be the first Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire trophy ever. But I have a feeling it won't be the last...

Staff
#3 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -

Was your main Jackie or Jackie?

#4 Posted by Soap (3644 posts) -
@Jeff said:
" That might be the first Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire trophy ever. But I have a feeling it won't be the last... "
You have a feeling, I have a hope
#5 Posted by CSXLoser (582 posts) -

christmas in norcal already?

#6 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" Was your main Jackie or Jackie? "
Lol.

Congrats dude!
#7 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
Neither, I think he played jackie
#8 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

Some call him a god.

I call him a man who should play Valkyria Chronicles.

#9 Posted by Dethfish (3697 posts) -

That's actually a pretty nice trophy.

#10 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -
@addictedtopinescent said:
" @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
Neither, I think he played jackie "
Ah. Smart choice.
#11 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

Dude, I'm jealous of the cabinet setup more than the Trophy.  That's hella sweet! 

#12 Posted by JJOR64 (19069 posts) -
#13 Posted by Jeffsekai (7053 posts) -

Man thats so hype, I've been playing Jackie Chan a bit since that quick look. So legit. YJDK

#14 Posted by MrJared (399 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" YOUTUBE SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :P  That's pretty damn funny.  Maybe it's time I go pro in Jackie Chan now. "
It's not spam if its original content ... or relevant to the Bomb ;D 

And I yes, my main was Jackie. Not Jackie, but the other one.
#15 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

Dude, awesome. Has this game become the official game of Giantbomb yet?

#16 Posted by Crocio (542 posts) -

Great job being distinguished in your region.
That's quite a nice trophy, good on your friend.

#17 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -
@MrJared said:
" And I yes, my main was Jackie. Not Jackie, but the other one. "
Really? Wow. Man, you get my respect for choosing the most complicated character in the game.
#18 Edited by Milkman (17326 posts) -

I just want to say that you have the cutest dog I have ever seen.

JUST LOOK AT HIM!
#19 Posted by MrJared (399 posts) -
#20 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -
Pfft that jackie sucks he clearly played JAAACCCKKKKIIIEEE
#21 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -
@ZombieHunter said:
" @addictedtopinescent said:
Pfft that jackie sucks he clearly played JAAACCCKKKKIIIEEE "
Come on dude, Jackie is way better than Jackie.
#22 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

NorCal pride for life. Representing the real biz, Jared.

#23 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -

Come to think of it, Kim-Maree's name should be changed to Jacki to add to the confusion. It makes perfect sense.

#24 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12123 posts) -

Congrats Mr. Rea. You have managed to either single-handedly destroy or single handedly revitalize the fighting game tournament scene through the power of Jackie Chan!

#25 Posted by lordofultima (6285 posts) -

Thanks to Mike Ross for saving the nation, once again.

#26 Posted by BackpackKat (464 posts) -

Jared since you are the #1 Jackie Chan player in the world, what are you going to do now?

#27 Posted by MrJared (399 posts) -
@JohnAsscream said:
" Jared since you are the #1 Jackie Chan player in the world, what are you going to do now? "
I'm going to continue my work as the goodwill ambassador of awesomely bad fighting games. Best start brushin' up on your Fighter's History Dynamite!
#28 Posted by Kaz_Hooray (25 posts) -

This is cause for celebration

#29 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

must be awesome to have friends like that

#30 Posted by Jeffsekai (7053 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" Thanks to Mike Ross for saving the nation, once again. "
Wait where was Mike Ross in that?
#31 Posted by BackpackKat (464 posts) -
@MrJared said:

" @JohnAsscream said:

" Jared since you are the #1 Jackie Chan player in the world, what are you going to do now? "
I'm going to continue my work as the goodwill ambassador of awesomely bad fighting games. Best start brushin' up on your Fighter's History Dynamite! "
Are any of these games worth becoming the time to be #1 in them? 
 http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/jeff/obscure-fighting-games-that-are-worth-some-attention/46-13928/
#32 Posted by damswedon (3202 posts) -

Jared i thank you bringing one of the best/worst fighting games to my knowledge.

#33 Edited by MrJared (399 posts) -
   @Jeffsekai said: 

@lordofultima said: 

Wait where was Mike Ross in that? "
Mike Ross was there to witness the "Best of NorCal" Jackie Chan matches. We like to tease him about it because, well, it's fun to tease the Boss :)  COLD PIECE! 

@JohnAsscream said:

" @MrJared said:

" @JohnAsscream said:

I'm going to continue my work as the goodwill ambassador of awesomely bad fighting games. Best start brushin' up on your Fighter's History Dynamite! "
Are any of these games worth becoming the time to be #1 in them?   http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/jeff/obscure-fighting-games-that-are-worth-some-attention/46-13928/ "
Yes! Jeff and I like to trade obscure fighting games with each other (He showed me Daraku Tenshi, which I can't believe I missed), so this is something we talk about a lot. A real rough summary of the notable games on that list.. 

Asuka 120%: The original Arcana Heart, which is to say, you might as well play Arcana Heart :)  

Slap Happy Rhythm Busters: Its hard to track down, but its the only fighting game to effectively incorporate rhythm game mechanics. So awesome.  

Groove-on Fight: This game is actually pretty legit, but it's so out there and bizarre that it's very difficult to learn. Also, none of the characters are particularly likable for most players, so its hard to grasp a main. This is still played fairly regularly at Mikado in Japan.

Tobal 2: I really loved this game when it was new, but I'm not sure how its aged. It's probably still a lot of fun.   

Waku Waku 7: My favorite Neo-Geo fighter next to Real Bout 2. Definitely check this out if not for the cast of characters. Its really fun. 

I made my own list on this very subject a few weeks ago. 
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/mrjared/truly-underrated-fighting-games/46-16839/    
#34 Posted by Salabrin (44 posts) -

@MrJared, ever heard of " The Last Blade 2: Heart Of The Samurai"? I'm not sure if it counts as an obscure game in the US, but if you haven't heard of it, you should definitely check it out. I only played the Neo Geo version, so I don't know about any of the other versions, but it's definitely my favorite fighting game of all times.

#35 Posted by MrJared (399 posts) -
@Salabrin: Yep, I used to play it fairly regularly when it was new. I still don't know why Samurai Shodown is held up in such high regard while the Last Blade series is largely ignored. Probably because LB takes a lot more effort to play correctly.
#36 Posted by gunswordfist (576 posts) -
@MrJared said:
"Hey all. At NorCal Regionals a month or so ago, my friend Pavo (ILLiterate, NorCal Boxer player) and I money matched to see who was the best Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire player in the region. I won and for Christmas, he gave me my reward. 

Toooooo good! "

....you got a trophy from my favorite actor of all time? I'm jealous! And congratulations!
#37 Posted by ShaunassNZ (2128 posts) -
@MrJared wait how did you become a moderator?
#38 Posted by StaticFalconar (4850 posts) -
Nah Jared is so pro at this game, I'm sure he found a way to unlock Shin-Jackie
#39 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -
@ShaunassNZ said:
" @MrJared wait how did you become a moderator? "
obviously he defeated jeff in jackie combat, thats how you become a mod 
#40 Edited by lordofultima (6285 posts) -
@ZombieHunter said:

" @ShaunassNZ said:

" @MrJared wait how did you become a moderator? "

obviously he defeated jeff in jackie combat, thats how you become a mod  "
Yeah. Although when I was auditioned to be a moderator, he made me play Eternal Champions: Challengers from the Dark Side. I timer scammed him. He was playing blindfolded of course, since that's how Jeff plays all fighting games.
#41 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
Nah Jared is so pro at this game, I'm sure he found a way to unlock Shin-Jackie "
I'd rather go for a Super Saiyan Jackie.
#42 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Haha. Nice. xD

#43 Posted by JackiJinx (3091 posts) -

I feel like I've won that trophy just by hearing the name Jackie repeated so many times. Represent.

#44 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Omg, that is fucking awesome dude! Congrats! The greatest fighting game of all time is making its assent!

#45 Posted by ADTR_ZERO (1060 posts) -
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
Ah. Smart choice. "

You're both pretty dumb, Jackie is the worst character in the game. I guess if you can win with Jacki, you earn my respect, but at the same time come off as an idiot to me. 

I'll just stick with Jackie because he is the best character in the game, even better than Jackie... 

But I guess jackie has the certain something about him, hmmmmmmmm.
#46 Posted by Jeffsekai (7053 posts) -
@MrJared said:
"    @Jeffsekai said: 

@lordofultima said: 

Wait where was Mike Ross in that? "
Mike Ross was there to witness the "Best of NorCal" Jackie Chan matches. We like to tease him about it because, well, it's fun to tease the Boss :)  COLD PIECE! 

BELIEVE!!!!
#47 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -
@ADTR_ZERO said:
Ah. Smart choice. "
You're both pretty dumb, Jackie is the worst character in the game. I guess if you can win with Jacki, you earn my respect, but at the same time come off as an idiot to me.  I'll just stick with Jackie because he is the best character in the game, even better than Jackie...  But I guess jackie has the certain something about him, hmmmmmmmm. "
This is the joke that never ends.
#48 Posted by ADTR_ZERO (1060 posts) -
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
Ah. Smart choice. "
You're both pretty dumb, Jackie is the worst character in the game. I guess if you can win with Jacki, you earn my respect, but at the same time come off as an idiot to me.  I'll just stick with Jackie because he is the best character in the game, even better than Jackie...  But I guess jackie has the certain something about him, hmmmmmmmm. "
This is the joke that never ends. "

Who's joking? Just because I think Jackie is better than Jackie is better than Jackie doesn't make my opinion a joke. 

Troll!
#49 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4956 posts) -

epic

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.