Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jeff Gerstmann

Person » credited in 4 games

Jeff Gerstmann is the co-founder and former Editor-in-Chief of Giant Bomb as well as a professional video game scientist and anime expert.

How Do You Feel About Gerstmann In This Point In Time?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
    @CptBedlam said:

People are right: your thread is retarded and serves no purpose. You don't like Jeff? Fine, you're free to not visit GB and I'm sure no one will care.

Isn't this the same community that made fun of the Zelda fanboys for reacting so poorly to the GameSpot review of Skyward Sword? It so ironic how gaming communities act like they're superior than the other, and then they easily shows how ridiculous they can be. Way to represent the GiantBomb community, LMFAO.

And no, this thread does serve a purpose, it shows how there's people in this community are hopeless when reacting to criticism about someone they love so dearly. 

I give Gerstmann now a 7.5, and I give Gerstmann in his GameSpot days an 9.0. Though I still love the rest of the staff (except for Patrick and Kesslar).  

@mylifeforAiur said:
    You're going to make fun of his reading comprehension and then write an immensely horrendous sentence like that? Manor?! Really?
    That Grammar Nazis shit is the best insult you can come up with? REALLY?  

Seeing how you reacted poorly to my criticism about Gerstmann, how does his ass taste?

@SeriouslyNow said:
    @The_LMFAO_Guy said:
    hilarious manor
    Coming from the same ass kisser that misinterpreted my post =/.
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I think he's lovely and want to give him a kiss.

Gerstmannia's running through my loins.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By mylifeforAiur
    @The_LMFAO_Guy: It's not grammar--it's semantics. There's a difference, bud.
    theredcoat24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 22

#104  Edited By theredcoat24

"maybe" he's gotten less enterineing.. but he's a game journalist/commenter not a fucking comedein or a entertainer. The face that he's funny is just a plus.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Azteck

Oh this thread. Why are there no mods around to deal with it?

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @The_LMFAO_Guy said:
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    @The_LMFAO_Guy said:
    hilarious manor
    Coming from the same ass kisser that misinterpreted my post =/.
    Fawlty Towers was an hilarious manor.  There, I explained my joke.  Sorry you're illiterate.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By scarace360

i love em really funny.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By CptBedlam

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@CptBedlam said:

People are right: your thread is retarded and serves no purpose. You don't like Jeff? Fine, you're free to not visit GB and I'm sure no one will care.

Isn't this the same community that made fun of the Zelda fanboys for reacting so poorly to the GameSpot review of Skyward Sword? It so ironic how gaming communities act like they're superior than the other, and then they easily shows how ridiculous they can be. Way to represent the GiantBomb community, LMFAO.

And no, this thread does serve a purpose, it shows how there's people in this community are hopeless when reacting to criticism about someone they love so dearly.

I give Gerstmann now a 7.5, and I give Gerstmann in his GameSpot days an 9.0. Though I still love the rest of the staff (except for Patrick and Kesslar).

This is probably the most retarded thing I've read on these forums - yes, you even beat the spambots. How old are you? 10?

And why are you suddenly rambling about the SS review reactions? Learn to write coherent posts before you create another retarded thread. Or is it just some butthurtness that you can't let go of?

I take back my former statement: people will care if you leave this site - they'll be glad if you do, you immature troll. No one cares what staff members you like or not - or how you rate them (I laughed at this idiocy). Just leave and we'll all be happy.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By artgarcrunkle

@theredcoat24: Bro don't make fun of the dude's face like that, rude.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#110  Edited By JasonR86

I just wanted to come in and say that this is a silly, creepy-ass fucking thread.

Carry on.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By freakin9

My opinion on GERSTMANN, because apparently we don't use Mr around here.... is that he's funny, but doesn't feel comfortable forcing out jokes, so he goes on extended VAYCAYS from being funny and just says what he feels, which is often how much something sucks. I can relate to the GERSTMANN, some people go out of their way to be the life of the party, some people just pick their spots more. Vinny is definitely the funniest CAT on here, but Jeff is still the main dude, and not to be too negative to the other guys on here... but I could take or leave all of them. Jeff and Vinny are the nucleus.

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
    @mylifeforAiur: I asked you a question. Answer it now.

@Azteck said:
    Oh this thread. Why are there no mods around to deal with it?
    Because this thread is legit. It's not my fault that some people in this community would react in the same vain as the Zelda fanboys did to the GameSpot review of Skyward Sword =). Didn't this community make fun of them for that? How ironic.

They could of ignore this thread, but no, they figured that if the reply to me with insults instead of their opinions about what I'm asking for in the thread title, and that I would get upset and leave this community. I could of ignore them, but I continue to reply to get more funny angry fanboy comments, LMFAO. 

Any thread, ANY thread, that contains criticism about any aspect of GiantBomb, angry GiantBomb fanboys come rushing in. So I figured, why have some fun with?

@SeriouslyNow said:
    Fawlty Towers was an hilarious manor.  There, I explained my joke.  Sorry you're illiterate.
    I was referring to the post where I called your comments to be a fancy way of saying "fuck you for criticizing someone that  love." 

And I'm sorry that you can't handle criticism, so you have to reply like an angry fanboy. 

Now how does Gerstmann's ass taste? Why must you ignore that question? It's clear as day that you - an obsess Gerstmann fan,  must know the taste.
    tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#113  Edited By tourgen

what a weird and slightly creepy thread.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#114  Edited By Baillie

@The_LMFAO_Guy: You posted a thread knowing fully the backlash that would happen, yet you still think you're on the higher ground? That's just a bit silly, to be honest.

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#115  Edited By Hyuzen

I really hate Jeff Gerstmann, all he ever does is sit around doing nothing of great importance.

But I still think Jeff Gertsmann is cool, i don't often thing games are as bad as he does but he's still a pretty funny fella

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
    @CptBedlam: LMFAO!!!!!!!!! 

I used Skyward Sword review to show the irony of this community - that this community would react in the same vain as Zelda fans to criticism about something they love so dearly. 

Yeah, I can't let things go, while you're the one that continues to make me laugh with some funny fanboy response. You know, the IGN community would never reply to me that way, the IGN community is king!!!!!!!! LMFAO.

@Baillie said:

@The_LMFAO_Guy: You posted a thread knowing fully the backlash that would happen, yet you still think you're on the higher ground? That's just a bit silly, to be honest.

Who says that I'm on the higher ground? All I wanted to do was get something off my chest and gets some opinions on what people think of Gerstmann. And even if I knew that the backlash/insults would come, does that give them the right to reply to me that way? Keep in mind, people were alright insulting before I admitted to knowing that I would get some angry fanboy responses.
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By CptBedlam

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@CptBedlam: LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

I used Skyward Sword review to show the irony of this community - that this community would react in the same vain as Zelda fans to criticism about something they love so dearly.

Yeah, I can't let things go, while you're the one that continues to make me laugh with some funny fanboy response. You know, the IGN community would never reply to me that way, the IGN community is king!!!!!!!! LMFAO.

Thanks for confirming your age and your inability to write down coherent thoughts. Of course, you'd feel right at home on the IGN boards, makes sense with your childish and immature ramblings. :)

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Baillie

@The_LMFAO_Guy: So, you realise that GiantBomb is a website, on the internet. With the anonymous right? I hope you understand that, as we can see you're using it to it's full advantage. Why are you trying to get a rise out of everyone? Some people like to defend what they love, if you had stopped replying a long time ago, so would have everyone else.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@SeriouslyNow said:
    I was referring to the post where I called your comments to be a fancy way of saying "fuck you for criticizing someone that  love."   And I'm sorry that you can't handle criticism, so you have to reply like an angry fanboy.   Now how does Gerstmann's ass taste? Why must you ignore that question? It's clear as day that you - an obsess Gerstmann fan,  must know the taste.
    Your threads are shit.
    freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By freakin9

Wait, so you're a defensive Zelda fan?

You can't form a collective opinion about a community because a few people insulted you. You certainly can't say that, and then have a hearty laugh beforehand. You are working on shakey reasoning.

Getting back to Gamespot, Rich Gallup was the funny guy on there, I don't recall anyone else at Gamespot being nearly as funny. On the spot was unwatchable when he left.

ryanmc94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#121  Edited By ryanmc94

This thread is like bestiality... It's disturbing, stupid and wrong.

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

Did you get the idea of rating people off a 13 year old girls Facebook page? Seriously duder grow up.

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
    @Baillie said:

@The_LMFAO_Guy: So, you realise that GiantBomb is a website, on the internet. With the anonymous right? I hope you understand that, as we can see you're using it to it's full advantage. Why are you trying to get a rise out of everyone? Some people like to defend what they love, if you had stopped replying a long time ago, so would have everyone else.

Yes, I understand that GiantBomb is a internet web site, but there are forum rules that prevent users from insulting one another, right. . . . . ? =/

Because they're trying to get rise of out me. I figured that I would just find their inability to handle criticism funny, instead of getting upset about it. 

And yes people like to defend what they love, but this thread is really more about giving out their opinion about Gerstmann now. Wither it'd be about criticizing Jeff or praising him. It seems like people are more focus on the fact that my criticism is the OP. If I was praising Gerstmann, then nobody would give me any backlash? 

Again, might as well have fun with the angry fanboys. I've already seen two threads about people criticizing certain aspects of GiantBomb, in this community would give the OPs mostly insults to them. Might as well let it backfire right at them by letting them know that I embrace it as I find it funny =).
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Baillie

I have my criticisms about GiantBomb, I'm sure they do too. Things don't always go the way you want it. However, saying that someone isn't as funny, or as cool as they used to be isn't a criticism to the site, you're basically insulting the man. I don't see how a thread like this is good in any way, how would you like it if you were as famed as the staff, and then get jabs for not being as funny as you used to be.

That isn't criticism, Jeff isn't a comedian. He's a video game journalist.

Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#124  Edited By Phantom

Listening to the Bombcasts from the very first episode (APD), Jeff is still the staff member I find funniest by a long way, he does great impressions and is very fast and mistake-free in going in to impressions and such. He's so funny, hard to quantify why, but he has a great sense of humour AND the ability to deliver it.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Baillie

@Phantom: It's all about Vinny in my book :D.

_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#126  Edited By _Nuno_

I think he's as good as ever. Perhaps the fact that he's on camera or audio every other day of the week just made you saturated of his Gerstmanness?

Kasswara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Kasswara

He's great.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#128  Edited By cornbredx

I think he's at the top of his game right now, although I think Ryan is funnier.

Ok, they're all pretty fucking fantatstic.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Deusx

He's cool, as always.

>POINTLESS THREAD REPLY DONE

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.