Jeff on Kotaku Talk Radio

#1 Posted by Milkman (17308 posts) -

Tomorrow, at 1 PM EST, Jeff is going to be on Kotaku's radio show thing. I've never listened to it, to be honest. I'm not sure how it works. It seems to be a sort of live podcast in which listeners can ask live questions. I won't be home at this time so I'm counting on you guys to ask a bunch of dumbass questions. 

Here's the link with more info.

#2 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

tomorrow? but I want it now

#3 Posted by Not_Rage (470 posts) -

Someone named "Kane" might prank call

#4 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

I was planning on listening and calling in until I realized that it was on so early. I wake up at about 2:30 PM every day.

#5 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

Somebody call and ask if we can expect a Story Hour: Adventures endurance run in 2010.

#6 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

I suppose I could call, but I don't think I have a question or anything.

#7 Edited by Sanj (2534 posts) -

I wonder how many times Jeff can be asked when a new endurance run is starting before he completely loses it....

#8 Posted by Turambar (6887 posts) -

Well, the Bombcast is due in a few hours so that should be something to mine for question ideas.

#9 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -

I like the Kotaku talk radio format, it's been a great listen when they get good guests.  Jeff should be great.

#10 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

hu karez

#11 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

That's 6pm for everyone on GMT. Should be good

#12 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

is this thing usually online later? never heard the kotaku podcasts

#13 Posted by i69edUrGpa (586 posts) -

Sounds good

#14 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -
@Bellum said:
" Somebody call and ask if we can expect a Story Hour: Adventures endurance run in 2010. "
This
#15 Posted by Turambar (6887 posts) -
#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19382 posts) -

Kotaku Talk Radio is also available up on iTunes.

#17 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

Nobody asked my very important question. :(

#18 Posted by sdornan (323 posts) -

Jeff,

I have a few dumbass questions that I didn't get to ask because I was in class. Here goes:

A road near my house has a sign that says it has a ~47,000 lbs. weight limit.

1) How do you think they came up with this number?
2) Do you think they mean the entire road or a small portion of the road near the sign?
3) Is this a collective weight limit - the weights of all cars on the road added together - or are they saying not to come onto that road if your vehicle weighs 24 tons?

Thanks.

#19 Posted by m1k3 (1338 posts) -

I started listening to it before the podcast started, but it was like some news program talking about Obama and that really large earthquake. at first i was wondering "WTF did i click on the wrong link?" and then the news show ended and it went right into Kotaku Talk Radio. Pretty weird having a podcast about games after they were just talking about the earthquake and what the US is gonna do.

#20 Posted by Soap (3639 posts) -

Did Jeff hint at hiring more people this year? o.O

#21 Posted by conical (27 posts) -

That podcast was boring.  The hosts were way too serious.  Games are fun, the Bombcast is fun.

#23 Posted by sdornan (323 posts) -

I enjoyed the podcast actually. They are paying to use a studio with a strict 1-hour time limit, so best to make the most of it.

#24 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -

Just listened to it, It was good, shame they wasted the first 10-15 minutes on fluff like the soundboard and CES, but it got interesting when the dude asked Jeff about how the GSgate affected him personally. It answers a few questions that I always had since I woke up one morning in 2007 when shit got real. Have I more questions, heck yeah, but, yeah most likely never going to be able to ask.

#25 Posted by fwitness (19 posts) -

Is anyone else having trouble finding a working link to this?  The iTunes feed doesn't work, the direct download doesn't work.  I can't seem to find it hosted elsewhere... 

Any help is much appreciated.  More GB crew just makes my day better.

#26 Posted by MerlijnVH (108 posts) -
@fwitness said:
" Is anyone else having trouble finding a working link to this?  The iTunes feed doesn't work, the direct download doesn't work.  I can't seem to find it hosted elsewhere...  Any help is much appreciated.  More GB crew just makes my day better. "
Same here. I want to listen to it but none of the links seem to work, even on iTunes the download is broken. Does anyone still have the file so they can mirror it? Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.