Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jumpgate Evolution

Game » consists of 2 releases.

A sequel to Jumpgate: The Reconstruction Initiative, this cancelled space combat MMO title would allow players to join one of three factions locked in an interstellar war that stretched across the galaxy.

Jumpgate Evolution , DELAYED

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

Despite it's original June release date, an offical post on their forums has announced that Codemasters/Netdevil won't meet that deadline.

See- http://www.massively.com/2009/05/27/jumpgate-evolution-delayed-no-new-launch-date-in-sight/#comments (Short version) and http://us.jumpgateevolution.com/news/article/9138

One of their reasons is they want to be able to compete more in the MMO market, by haveing a more polished game, but i don't want to stick around and wait it. It would be such a unique experience it wouldn't need much polish.  

Im angry, from what i had seen of this game it looked fun as it is, i can't imagine they need to add very much to it and It wasnt going to come with many features anyways.
    What do you all think, is it time to look for a different sci fi MMO such as Black Prophecy?

Teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Teirdome

I thought it was inevitable.  MMO development is a much too massive undertaking.  Black Prophecy itself has been delayed.

Not sure if you saw some of the footage from GDC, but Scott Brown talked about how they were having issues with the AI.  They could either make the AI always hit you, or always miss, but not the comfortable medium that you need to make a game enjoyable.  I wouldn't want them releasing the game if that was the AI's behavior.

I want NetDevil to get this one right more than I want them to get it done.

Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Psyx2

According to Amazon it'll be available on September 29th. But that's not official, so who knows.

I also heard the closed beta starts in June but I don't know if that's correct. I don't mind it being delayed if they had too many bugs, and if the September release date is correct that's not too bad of a wait.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mikemcn
    Teirdome said:
    I thought it was inevitable.  MMO development is a much too massive undertaking.  Black Prophecy itself has been delayed.Not sure ... [more]

I did not hear about the AI thing, that would be a significant problem though so i guess the delay is justified.
    selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By selbie

The June release date was announced by Codemasters not Netdevil. They made a stupid mistake and fooled the community into thinking Netdevil had the game almost ready.

heat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By heat

This game is never going to come out

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.