Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Just Cause 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 23, 2010

Rico Rodriguez returns to explore another autocratic island nation in this explosion-laded followup to Just Cause.

Just Cause 2 is $3 on Steam and the Multiplayer mod is out

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I'm sure you saw Alex's trailer he posted, and I'm sure you've heard Jeff talk about the horrible sure-to-not-be-fleeting fun that massive Just Cause 2 multiplayer sessions are capable of. I was blown away when I saw JC2 was 2.99 on Steam, and -- since it'll be 15 bucks on the 19th -- I figure now's almost certainly the best time ever to buy this game. I'm not sure what this thread is about. I think I just don't want people to miss out on getting in on a one-of-a-kind experience for only 3 dollars. I can't even eat lunch for 3 dollars, people.

I hope this thread isn't too spammy. If it is, I'll come back and post some pictures and some insight into the game... but it's still installing at the moment.

Anyways, 3 dollars. Did I say that yet?

Here's a pic

No Caption Provided

3 dollars.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ripelivejam

fap

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

It's a terrible idea to grease yourself up in the heat and sunlight on that tropical island.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thanks for the heads up.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By development

@andrewb: I think it's actually a giant yacht-like platform elevated by duel blimps. There's a jet parked on it that you can fly off. Have you guys heard about this JC2 game? It's pretty great.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Asberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Played for about an hour just now. Fun stuff but the chat is just awful. We need Jeff to cave and set up a server.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, the chat is the worst, but that's to be expected I guess. The MP is great though.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asberg: That's a bummer. I'll just pretend they're all five years old so I don't hate them so much. Jeff setting up a server would be fucking awesome, but I'm sure GOTY shit is taking all the staff's time up right now.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

That looks... amazing?

The multiplayer on UF looked like just the kind of dumb fun I'm into. I already have the game on steam, so I'll have to try it.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Can people start running their own servers or is the game still being played on one giant one still?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That looks... amazing?

The multiplayer on UF looked like just the kind of dumb fun I'm into. I already have the game on steam, so I'll have to try it.

Oh shit, they played it on UPF? Must have tuned in too late.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SexyToad

Can people start running their own servers or is the game still being played on one giant one still?

There are several servers up now.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i was convinced the first guy in that screenshot was wearing a Master Chief helmet or something until i looked closer...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

What a coincidence!

I already own it and will probably give the multiplayer mod a try someday.

ChrisHarris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is going to set up the official unofficial Giant Bomb community server?

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

SO worth!

Highlights:
    - Being crashed into so hard during the derby that I flew into a mountain XD
    - Crashing a plane, having it slider around and run me over after I started chasing it
    - Doing a huge stunt jump on a motorbike and landing on a random player several hundred meters away
    - As shown above the random respawn which lead to over 100 players spawning in the same place and all shooting each other whilst sky diving with AFKERS just hitting the ground like a sack of bricks.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I got just cause 2 for free with a graphics card a year ago or something.

I don't really want to play the mod, but it's fun to watch crazy stuff come out of it.

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hosting a server, Giant Bombing Just Cause, for the night. If it's popular enough I'll look into hosting it off of my VPS. Bring your friends!

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite thing about new online games is people calling each other noobs in a thing that wasn't officially released until today.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I messed around with the multiplayer for an hour or so. It's beautifully stupid.

Immunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Immunity

Most fun I've had for $3 in a long while. Needless to say, it's worth playing.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By development

Oh man. I had some amazing fucking fun with some dudes. Took me an hour to realize I didn't join the correct server. Must have scrolled as I clicked on the Giant Bomb server. I was wondering why they had such horrible grammar. Anyways, it's everything I hoped it would be: totally broken, but hilarious and unpredictable in the best ways. Don't join the giant public games; find a smaller group of dudes who don't just shoot on site without speaking.

Jeff needs to start a server; even if only to garner the popularity it'd need to be truly great.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#25 sgtsphynx  Moderator

I joined a freeroam server with about 40 people in it that were all well behaved and chat wasn't terrible. Unfortunately, the game crashed while I was flying a car to space. Also, did they nerf the boost compared to the beta? I remember Vinny getting to 700 Km/h pretty quickly but I keep topping out at 500Km/h

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this is best experienced with a buttload of players and my server currently doesn't have that. I'm going to leave it running to see if it ever fills up, but don't expect it to stick around for longer than the week (if that).

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#27  Edited By ESREVER

Is the server suppose to feel super dead? No life, no cars, no weapons. I'm not entirely sure how this mod works but if anybody wants to join me I'm in Karsh's server now.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ripelivejam

seems like with some of those servers having 700+ peeps there'd be more action but considering how large the world is i can understand it being sparse.

i did get into an insane derby match on top of this sloped hill thingy that lasted for about 30 seconds :\

e: i should probably play the base game too one of these days. it runs like butter on my aging system surprisingly...

ChrisHarris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esrever said:

Is the server suppose to feel super dead? No life, no cars, no weapons. I'm not entirely sure how this mod works but if anybody wants to join me I'm in Karsh's server now.

The server doesn't do much unless you copy some scripts from the "default_scripts" folder to the "scripts" folder and/or download some new ones which you can find on the forum. You can currently have structured races, demolition derby, boost for air vehicles in addition to cars/boats, organized road trip groups, paid vehicle repair (still looks beat up but restores health), the ability to add teleport positions in-game, private messages, rudimentary faction functionality, pong in the UI, and some admin stuff. People are supposedly working on scripts for role playing, duels, deathmatch arenas, and other game modes. What they really need to do now is make a centralized script management program which collects them all in one easy-to-use place, installs the scripts for you, and keeps their versions up to date.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esrever said:

The beauty of the JC2mp mod was that it was one server, with like 3000 people on all doing dumb shit. Fun can be had also if you're with a group of friends, but a low population server full of randoms probably isn't where this game will shine.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We should organize events.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fun to derp around with, but the hit reg is atrocious.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

They order the servers wrong

It shows 9 player ones followed by 99...91, then 999-901, and then 9999-9001, follows with 8 players, then 80, 800, 8000 and on and on.

So to find the 3,000 player servers you'd have to scroll down past all the empty 30 player ones

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d said:

@esrever said:

The beauty of the JC2mp mod was that it was one server, with like 3000 people on all doing dumb shit. Fun can be had also if you're with a group of friends, but a low population server full of randoms probably isn't where this game will shine.

You're all playing wrong. As of right now, I've always been able to get into a server with at least 700 people. Right now there's a 1000+ one going, and same with yesterday. It's complete chaos. No matter where you spawn, fly, or drive to, there are people running all over shooting, flying, and blowing shit up. The GB server could be good for some more structured, precise fun: like working to tether vehicles together, etc., because right now that kind of stuff takes too long on the gigantic servers, and you just end up getting blown up.

They order the servers wrong

It shows 9 player ones followed by 99...91, then 999-901, and then 9999-9001, follows with 8 players, then 80, 800, 8000 and on and on.

So to find the 3,000 player servers you'd have to scroll down past all the empty 30 player ones

Yeah, like this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.