Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Just Cause 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Dec 01, 2015

Battle a dictator's forces in a fictional Mediterranean archipelago in this follow-up to the popular series from Avalanche Studios and Square-Enix.

Hot Damn, Just Cause 3 Is Coming

• 102 results
    Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

@poobumbutt: Oh totally, I just wanted my opinion to be out there! It's cool that people dig these games but I think they're boring as frig, which is impressive for a series that revolves around wanton destruction.

Senate4242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just Cause 2 was amazing. Please let the microtransaction stuff be minimal or a sad joke.

T0MBraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No micro transactions confirmed! YAYAYAY!

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By cloudymusic

I've been waiting for this for 4 years. I'm ready!

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I really should play Just Cause 2.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@humanity said:
    @gantrathor said:

I'm not going to ask the "Am I the only one?" question, but I found Just Cause 2 to be completely boring and lifeless. The stunts were only fun for a couple hours for me. And after I was done messing around with stunts, it turned into a GTA 3 style "blow something up and run away from police" and "find 400 collectibles scattered around the map" type of thing, which I'm not a fan of. I didn't like the way the shooting controls felt either. It felt really floaty and imprecise. With all that said, I'm still willing to give this third game a try. Better technology and a now more experienced Avalanche Studios makes me hopeful that this will be the one for me. I'm more interested in their Mad Max game though. Hopefully both games will be good!

Nah man I'm with you. People talk about games like Watch Dogs or Assassins Creed to be lifeless, soulless sandboxes with no character. Well man let me tell you about Just Cause and it's world of identical looking jungles, poorly handling vehicles and terrible gunplay. The stunt position stuff was really fun but everything else, oh boy, that was not a good game.

Exactly. Saints Row 3-4 did crazy open world with some good gameplay at least. I liked the MP a lot, though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By Justin258

@rethla said:

Mad Max?

Fuggit, I want this.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, I hope this game turns out good.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@humanity said:
    @gantrathor said:

I'm not going to ask the "Am I the only one?" question, but I found Just Cause 2 to be completely boring and lifeless. The stunts were only fun for a couple hours for me. And after I was done messing around with stunts, it turned into a GTA 3 style "blow something up and run away from police" and "find 400 collectibles scattered around the map" type of thing, which I'm not a fan of. I didn't like the way the shooting controls felt either. It felt really floaty and imprecise. With all that said, I'm still willing to give this third game a try. Better technology and a now more experienced Avalanche Studios makes me hopeful that this will be the one for me. I'm more interested in their Mad Max game though. Hopefully both games will be good!

Nah man I'm with you. People talk about games like Watch Dogs or Assassins Creed to be lifeless, soulless sandboxes with no character. Well man let me tell you about Just Cause and it's world of identical looking jungles, poorly handling vehicles and terrible gunplay. The stunt position stuff was really fun but everything else, oh boy, that was not a good game.

I found it super novel for 10 or 12 hours but I didnt do much story stuff at all, I focused on destroying military bases and finding the random loot. I thought the map was way too big, the roads were too windy and wasteful of my time and the gunplay wasn't very good (but I'm also a heathen that thinks RDR/GTAV have the best shooting mechanics this side of Destiny/CoD so take my opinion on third person shooting with a grain of salt). I really, really enjoyed blowing shit up but thats not a whole game. Glad I got it through PS+.

monkfishesq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Notice how he says "Just Cause 3 is not a free to play game" and not "Just Cause 3 has no micro transactions"

They're putting the WORST kind of IAP into a full priced retail video game. It's absolutely deplorable behaviour and I steadfastly refuse to support this bullshit cash grab.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61  Edited By poobumbutt

@vod_crack: "Boring on an impressive level". Vod's back-of-the-box quote.

And I totally agree. These games are too "open" for me. I wish they had a sense of purpose for destruction, other than, "I don't know, you should probably destroy that big thing because it'll cause unrest and stuff. I guess." Without solid direction, I don't feel like I'm actually accomplishing anything.

melting_window

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Everyone talking about the alleged microtransactions: according to a blog post on the Avalanche site, those screenshots were from a very early build of the game and the concept has been completely scrapped. A direct quote:

To be perfectly clear: Just Cause 3 will be available in 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC. It will be distributed as a retail box and digital download. It is not a Free To Play game. It does not feature in-game micro transactions.

The full blog post can be found here.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Honkalot

Honestly the Just Cause 2 demo was ALMOST enough content to be a game in itself.

At least almost-almost.

Can't wait. ^__________^

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By cloudymusic

@Everyone talking about the alleged microtransactions: according to a blog post on the Avalanche site, those screenshots were from a very early build of the game and the concept has been completely scrapped. A direct quote:

To be perfectly clear: Just Cause 3 will be available in 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC. It will be distributed as a retail box and digital download. It is not a Free To Play game. It does not feature in-game micro transactions.

Well, that's good news. All aboard the hype train.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck yeah! I hope it's as big as, or larger than, JC2.

carlos707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dream for Just Cause 3: The entire game is playable with 4 player coop.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Life is complete.

halfdane1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By halfdane1975

Let's hope for some more pollish than the previous installments. Glad to see it happen though.

BatmanBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Cause 2 was pretty amazing if a little bit unpolished. If this one receives the treatment it deserves, we could end up with something really special.

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Lab392

Scorpyoooooo

DragonNinja789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it odd that I got bored with Just Cause 2? Rather quickly I might add

Bunny_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats awesome I am going to get that for sure

zeroeffects

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm super excited about this because I'm easily exciteable

skuupin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I could never get into JC2. It always felt a little thin or clunky or something, I don't know. I appreciate the fan made multiplayer of course but...

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sushinao: not just microtransactions, but ubisoft has been asking people to buy a game they haven't played for $90 to get future content. The season pass should come AFTER people hve had a chance to finish the game and decide they want more. Fucking ubisoft acts like every game they put out will be the best game ever and they want/expect people to to want more content before the consumer has even had a chance to move the main character. It's driving me a bit nuts.

That being said... I... I'd plop down $90 for future splinter cell content before I play the next splinter cell because oh my god I love splinter cell

Alek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YEAH

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are microtransactions a just cause?

Sorry

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bad series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Never got into Just Cause 2 for some reason.

zladko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOTY 2015 CONFIRMED

GRAPPLE BIRDS

GRAPPLE THE MOON

Daftasabat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spent well over 100 hours playing Just Cause 2 and loved every second of it. Can't wait for JC3!

MostlySquares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes yes yes yes yeees YEEESS!!!!!!!

I found Just Cause 2 about two years after it came out, bought it on steam sale and was blown the fuck away by how amazing this game is. If you like freedom, if you enjoy yourself some Tribes Ascend (or the earlier games) then the JC series offers some of that awesome freedom.

I love when devs put fun first. Can't remember anything about the story, but maaaan, I remember hours of shenanigans and nonsense. Pure fun, these games.

l3illyl3ob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower said:

@honkalot said:

@nardak said:

The thing is that in the supposed leaked Just Cause 3 screenshots there was a screen which strongly implied that the game might have microtransactions.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=925234

So the next Just Cause 3 game might be free to play with stuff to buy. Not sure if I like a Just Cause game which has microtransactions. Especially if you can buy better weapons faster with cash.

I never used the black market guy in the first game anyway, because it seemed like money was extremely finite. Sure I had a bunch of it, but buying an airplane now and then cost so much that it would have been gone quickly. I am fully prepared to not buy anything in-game in this one too, certainly so if it has micro transactions.

I like how they've been talking about how it's not free to play like it's something to be proud of, when in fact the truth is even worse, it's going to be a $60 game with F2P cash shops and restrictions.

JamesJeux007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@random45 said:

JC2 is the best podcast game is the world. I'm dead serious when I say I got to 99% map completion in that game, got like 379/378 of the towns cleared (yes, there's an extra one), got every single briefcase, drug, and skull for each of the factions, and thousands of the upgrade parts for health, vehicles, and weapons.

Same here. Didn't manage to drive every vehicle in the game though.

I couldn't agree more. I tried playing this game "seriously" and it didn't work much... until I started using it as a background game whenever I'd listen to the Bombcast. 80 hours later, and I have every achievement in the game, all the completion possible (100% is not possible because... poop) and sooooo many hours of fun. I used other games as background games, but none worked as much as this one.

If Just Cause 3 is more of the same, I am A-OK with that !

Avatar image for tournamentofhate
    TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#88  Edited By TournamentOfHate

Wanted to like 2 so much but the controls just didn't click with me. Awesome if the new one does.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The inevitable unlimited grapple mod makes this a must buy.

I don't even know why they bother with console release, mods were 90% of the best stuff of the second game. Even the multiplayer's a mod.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By selbie

Praise the grapple.

No Caption Provided

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Just Cause 2 goes for sale for 3 bucks about every other month. Just buy it, already! Buy it! The cost of a small fries will get you "80's Action Movie: the Video Game"!

blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pants: shit

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Imagine how good of a game this can be if they actually do halfway decent missions and a plot that is any better than one of the worst game stories I've ever had to play in JC 2. Or not play. I mean that was the beauty of JC 2 (and I still played it a lot) but there is so much potential.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@walterbennet: Oh my god. If I played and won the lotto I now know what I would spend it on. Just Cause of Blood Dragons!

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banefirelord said:

Well, that's good news. All aboard the hype train.

Just going to bump this again as some folk still seem to think the game is either f2p or has micro-transactions.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#96  Edited By Trilogy

Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssss.

I absolutely adored Just Cause 2. Enough so that it got me to play through it multiple times. God damn, the grapple/parachute mechanic in that game is fantastic. It's not without flaws, but if the the developers are smart they can make 3 a phenomenal game.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Yes.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a secret: These games are pretty bad.

JC2 is goddamned amazing. Not the best narrative or "game", maybe, but as a playpen it's great. Stunt position crashing a jet into another and parachuting off is one of the LEAST fun things to do in that game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.