Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Aug 17, 2010

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days makes a notable switch of the titular duo, with James Lynch now taking up the role as lead protagonist over Kane. However the two are still once again forced to endure a hail of gunfire as they find themselves embroiled in Shanghai's criminal underworld.

Reactions to Kane and Lynch 2 review

ScoopsTherobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ScoopsTherobot

I want to know what everyone's opinion on the kane and lynch 2 review. I thought that Jeff's opinions were spot on with what I thought the game was going to be like, and I really liked how the review went

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By blazerx9x

Jeff lay`s down the law

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jadeskye

It speaks to jeff's character that he was so brutally honest with it. I didn't expect the xbox review but i didn't know that it was broken so again, i appreciate the honesty. 

If anything it's made me appreciate giantbomb that much more.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By ReyGitano

Great review. He hits the high and the lows perfectly. Nothing else I need to know about that game to make a decision about whether or not to buy, though I already knew I probably wouldn't be purchasing it.

radix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By radix

Man, if only there were a comments section to the review where you could read what people thought...

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Damien

Seems fair.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Reaction you say?-

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By iamjohn

I wonder how long it's going to take for this thread to turn into a series of "Jeff is fired" jokes and veiled threats towards Eidos.

RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By RavenX302

shouldn't reactions to this game's review be in the comment section of the review itself?

on any note, i could care less if this was good or not...it didn't strike me as anything interesting to begin with.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nohthink

Great review but I found it somewhat odd to see Jeff pointing out about the length of the game. He always has been the one that says "length to price ratio does not work." He also always uses Call of Duty: Modern Warfare single player as an example. Saying things that like "if Modern Warfare got rid of the multiplayer and still costs 60 bucks, I would still buy it."(it was from one of the Bombcasts when he talked about the game length and the price relationship.) Granted Modern Warfare was about 5 to 6 hours but I found it strange for Jeff to complain about the game length when he is pretty adamant about such an issue. Then again, maybe K&L2 did not have anything to offer which was why game length was something to consider for Jeff.  

Whatever. I did not buy the game, and I probably will play it when the price drops or something. Other than that, it was a great review, as always. GiantBomb crews know how to review a game. All of their opinions are reliable and straight to the point. 

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cooljammer00

Is Jeff allowed to fire himself? 

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By WickedCestus

Comment on the review instead of making a forum post.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By WickedCestus

You should comment on the review instead of making a forum thread.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I actually thought it might be pretty decent. Silly me.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cooljammer00

I did enjoy the callback to his little "ugly, ugly game"

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @OllyOxenFree said:
    " Reaction you say?-
    "
    Haha that's the funniest shit and I thought the video review of the game was decent. I haven't played the full version yet but the demo was fun, it might be worth buying when it goes on sale for around $40 CND.
    ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ZimboDK

Well, I just played, and finished it in 3.5 hours. That fucking sucked. The graphics are pretty cool, that whole cellphone camera feel does make the game stand out. However, there is basically no story, and the pacing is all messed up. You just go from one encounter to the next, shooting a ton of bad guys, interspersed with gory cutscenes. Enemies zero in on you almost instantly, so the strategy for killing them is to pop out of cover, take one or two out, and when you've been shot to the point where the screen turns red, get back into cover. And the cover mechanic seems to be busted at certain times. If you're not completely covered, and just a few pixels stick out, they will hit you constantly. I could understand this if you were ducked behind soft cover, but even when you are backed up against a fallen over concrete pillar, they will find a way to hit you.
    I rarely saw any advanced AI behavior. They pretty much just got behind cover, and popped out to shoot. Maybe they tried to flank a few times, but I'm not sure if this was intentional or a glitch in the AI code.
    And then the game ends. Well, not so much ends, you finish a level and the credits roll. There is no real conclusion to the already thin story. It actually felt as if Eidos called up IOI and told them the game had to ship soon, so they just stopped developing on it.
    I have zero interest in the MP, so I can't comment on that.
    In my opinion, Jeff was actually fairly generous with his review. Personally, I would have given it 2/5.

@nohthink: I completely agree with Jeff that length to price ratio does not work. However, it really does need to mentioned for K&L 2. I think it's the weird pacing, and the lack of anything memorable that does it. There is just nothing there. Ask me in a few days what my favorite level was, and I doubt I could give an answer, yet I still remember stuff like the ghillie suit and AC-130 missions from Modern Warfare.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I hear Whiskey Media fired Jeff and he is starting up a new video game website at www.fluffyapples.com.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By Ineedaname

Is a reaction to a review thread really necessary?

I know there's some controversy surrounding the game, but really?

I mean really.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bwmcmaste
    @jadeskye said:
    " It speaks to jeff's character that he was so brutally honest with it. I didn't expect the xbox review but i didn't know that it was broken so again, i appreciate the honesty.  If anything it's made me appreciate giantbomb that much more. "
    After playing it on my PS3 (thank God I didn't buy it): I can honestly say that I perceived Jeff's review to be generous. What a bland game: Run, shoot, swear, and repeat. Army of Two: 40th Day did this better (and that's not saying much) with more compelling graphics. The visual "style" was intriguing, but that's the only standout feature of this game for me. 
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @ScoopsTherobot said:
    "  I thought that Jeff's opinions were spot on with what I thought the game was going to be like, and I really liked how the review went "
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ryanwho

I regret to say my initial reaction having just seen the score was "Jeff probably should have let someone else review this." Then I saw the ridiculous bugs near the end of the video review and thought he might have been a little too generous.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought dat game be hawt

Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Evercaptor

I think Jeff gave it a little bit too much credit to be honest. Compared to what he said, I was really surprised to see a 3-star rating on there; expecting a solid 2.  
    Still, It's a game I'm just not going to buy. I'd much prefer a set of MS points for Lara Croft or MNC which i hear are both stellar.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bwmcmaste
    @Evercaptor said:
    " I think Jeff gave it a little bit too much credit to be honest. Compared to what he said, I was really surprised to see a 3-star rating on there; expecting a solid 2.     

Actually, he did: To the 360 version. The review posted on the home page is for the PS3 version of the game, which was devoid of the bugs that sullied the 360 copy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.