Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Rate The Story/Multiplayer of KZ2

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Since we're on Giant Bomb, five star rule!

Story - 1 Star - I hate it, it's dumb.  There's no story at all, but it's called campaign mode...it's bad.  Worse than gears.
    Multi - 5 Stars - Since the beta, I knew I'd be buying it. 

Hah.  I'd like to hear everyone opinions.  :)

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Well that's pretty disappointing to hear, story wise anyway :\

*goes back to playing SFIV*

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Luke

Completely agree, 100%!

Story = 1 Star.  It's practically non-existent and pointless, the Final Boss is lame, the Ending is short and unfulfilling, I didn't bond with any of the Characters, and Rico is a dick.

Multipler = 5 Stars.  Tons of fun!... and even though I can barely hope to score maybe 20 points (at most) a round, I'm hoping that if I keep practicing I'll have even more fun.  Losing always sucks, but at least I get more Kills than Deaths (like on my first day online) :p  I also can't wait to try out some of the later Classes that I have yet to unlock!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

Story - 2 star - it only redeemed itself slightly at the end, which while way too short, I feel if the story had been told from the start the way it was told in the last two chapters, it could have been ok. But yeah, sadly it's pretty dumb.

Multi - 4 stars - it's very fun and the maps are great but I can't help but feel it's a bit too much of a grind.

zigaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zigaroo

Story: 2.5 stars // I'll agree, there wasn't much content to flesh out an entertaining story, but it did keep moving along and there weren't too many gaps overall. Yes, there was more storytelling near the end but the campaign had to leave with a bang and something to lead off of instead of the credits rolling infront of your face with no rhyme or reason. The atmosphere and the believability that  I was in a war zone, which puts us the player into the story, is what makes up for its shortcomings.

Multiple: 5 stars // It's, hands down, amazing. The MP team did a wonderful job of figuring out a system to keep people on your team to do their jobs instead of mindlessly going about their business with nothing to aim for. To me, the ranking system requires just the right amount of points. If it were too easy to rank then there'd be nothing to play for. It is a slight pain, though, because I want to try out the medic now but at least I am getting the feel for each map and where the fire fights are so that when I do become a medic I'd have a better idea of where to be to revive the proper troops.

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

inb4over9000

...Screw it, I'm doing it:
    IT'S OVER 9000!!!1!11one

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TEAMHOLT

I love the multiplayer, but I can't deal with how shitty most people's mics are on PSN, and the DS3 is definitely a detriment to a game like that. I wish it were on the 360, but maybe I'll get over my issues as I play it more.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PowerSerj

Single Player - 1? I don't know. I haven't played the campaign and I don't plan on playing it.

Multiplayer - 5, easily. I'm having an incredibly good time playing online.

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Single Player - 5 - Love it. Great fun.
    Multiplayer - 5 - Love it again. Its briliant.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tekmojo

2/5 Story - Fun, that's about it.

5/5 Multiplayer - Need to play more.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pibo47

1/5 Story - The ending was really good. But every thing else sucked ASS! Rico is an asshole and an idiot.

5/5 Multiplayer - No cheaters so far. Easy to level up (im already a general). Generally fun and there are bots.
    DorianBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By DorianBlack

Story 1/5 - It really did nothing for me at all. I didn't care about the plot. There might as well have been no characters at all. I especially felt nothing for the character you play as, and in a FPS game it's pretty important to feel like you're playing the role of that person. His character design was dull(what the hell kind of haircut is that?) and he was just dull in general. Rico was a total dickhead. Why would a trained soldier be that hot headed and rash? The guy with the bandana was forgetable and just cursed a lot. The door opening guy was decent and it's semi-sad that he died but the fact I refer to him as "door open guy" pretty much sums up how much I cared about him. My major gripe was the fact that you were on the planet Helghan, but the Helghast were not fleshed out at all. What do normal people on Helghan look like? Whats it actually like to live there? They basically are just an army of Darth Vaders that hate you for some reason. And thats all you know about them. And the ending really left a lot to be desired. The fact that the "boss fight" is the last thing you ever get to do in the game is really dissapointing. I was waiting for something else to happen. Yes the game is fun, but you can get that same gameplay in multiplayer. You're supposed to be playing a campaign for the story. And this really didnt deliver that at all. I still feel like I care about Killzone no more now than I did before I played it. Honestly the only thing I got out of the campaign was Trophies. But this is where its redeemed...

Multiplayer 5/5- It does what COD 4 did with character progression and expands it. The way it gives you everything in small doses is actually pretty brilliant. A game like TF2 where they give you everything up front can be pretty overwhelming to a new player. The way Killzone 2 is set up forces you to get good at the basics before you begin playing with the new classes and abilities. And as you get better with each class they give you a little more to play with. My only real complaint is that the game gets a little too unorganized and chaotic at times, but when the game is good it's GOOD. And that makes up for it. The game also feels pretty different each time I play it, I never have the same experience over and over like I do with Halo 3. It seems like I could be playing this for a while and I haven't gotten that from a shooter in quite a while. Killzone 2 is the thing that finally makes the PSN really shine and the fact that you're getting that experience for free is going to do very well for it.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Story 1 star - Boring, and didn't like it much at all.  Reminds me of Haze.  But the single player was a ton of fun to play through.

MP - 2 Stars - A little better then story.  But overall was just bad.  I like it simple.  When I play other FPS's MP matches I choose one match type because I don't want to play the others.  KZ2 forces me to play crap I don't want to.  I hate it.  Already back playing C0D 4... and CS. 

The leveling is nice, but pointless.  Since I don't want to be forced into objectives, I want nothing to do with.  I only play the single player. 

Plus PSN has such a small community.  Most of which are foreign.  Another obvious disappointment from PS3. 

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By vidiot

Story 1/5- Can I give it less than 1? I'm going to type a blog concerning my impressions of the campaign, while full on action is completely devoid of anything resembling character development, context, and devoid of any personality something I wasn't aware was possible. Your fellow brothers in arms are stupid, poorly acted, annoying, and are completely interchangeable. The plot tries to be dramatic when certain characters are killed off at the end of the game, the result is something that is so poor it's almost laughable. Why should I care about another characters death when that character only function thus far has been saying obscenities? Oh, and opening doors.

MP 4/5- Very top of the line stuff here. Haven't really got into it yet but everything I've seen looks very impressive. Like the shifting gametypes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.