Killzone 3 Helghast Edition on Sale.

#1 Edited by Spoonman671 (4773 posts) -

The Killzone 3 Helghast Edition is one of Amazon's Lightning Deals today.  It's been marked down to $40 from $90 (originally $130!), but the sale only lasts until 10am Pacific (1pm Eastern) or until Amazon fills it's quota (currently at 24%).  This price is actually cheaper than just the game by itself.  The box for the Helghast Edition takes up a lot of shelf space and Amazon needs room for new stock.  For those unaware, the Helghast Edition includes the following:

Contents of Helghast Edition
-  Killzone 3.
-  That ridiculous Helghast bust.
-  A Helghast sniper action figure in mid-cloak.
-  A Killzone 3 artbook, which is pretty nice and stows away inside the helmet.
-  Killzone 3 soundtrack (digital).
-  PS3 dynamic theme.
-  Retro Map Pack (includes new version of Salamun Market and Blood Gracht from Killzone 2).
-  Double XP and everything unlocked for 24 hours (real-time) in multiplayer.
-  A Killzone 3 "Making of."

EDIT:  Forgot to include a link to Amazon.
#2 Posted by GoofyGoober (933 posts) -

That is actually a great deal....Too bad the game is god awful.

#3 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

Get it. Game is fun, mostly the online, and even though it's not best collector's edition $40 is a steal.

#4 Edited by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

I think I'm going to get it, and if I trade in my Killzone 3 I get $27 for it so it's like I'm getting the helghast edition for only $13. 

Edit:  So I ordered it and it somehow came out to only $20, definitely get this!

#5 Posted by Heltom92 (715 posts) -
@GoofyGoober said:
That is actually a great deal....Too bad the game is god awful.
The game is not awful in any sense of the word, maybe you should try playing some games that are actually bad.

Anyway, that is a pretty decent deal if you're a massive fan of Killzone.
#6 Posted by laserbolts (5368 posts) -

How much is the game now without all that junk?

#7 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

Somehow there is a second promotional deal being applied in cart and the order is coming to $0. What's that about?

#8 Posted by Spoonman671 (4773 posts) -
@laserbolts said:
How much is the game now without all that junk?
At Amazon, it's $48.75.  $60 at Best Buy.  More like Worst Buy, amirite?!  Amirite?!
#9 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

Sold. That's an amazing deal.

#10 Posted by laserbolts (5368 posts) -
@Spoonman671 you are right
#11 Posted by GoofyGoober (933 posts) -
@Heltom92: Just stating my opinion. Loved the second one, third one was crap.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.