Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Knack

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

An action-platformer from Mark Cerny and SCE Japan Studio for PlayStation 4. Knack was the first game ever shown on PS4.

Seems fine but..

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

This game is pretty damn hard. It reminds me of the original Jak and Daxter, which is making me kinda like this game. Art style and combat seems varied, but damn, it is a pretty difficult game combat wise. Anyone here actually play this game and can give some tips to not die so much?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

one guy shitting into another guy's mouth/10

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the combat seems varied? Everything I have heard on Knack suggests that you have the same 3 button combo and a jumping attack through the course of the whole game.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Truly subjective critique. To me, that's a great score. But I can see why it might not be everybody's thing.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hatking said:

@ripelivejam said:

Truly subjective critique. To me, that's a great score. But I can see why it might not be everybody's thing.

Two guys? Eh! Not really my cup of tea. If we're talkin' girls, we might be in business.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

Dodge will be your lifesaver. If you can master the juke and punch, it's a pretty satisfying experience.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knack Souls.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@kaos_cracker: you've got to get fairly decent at using the dodge. Also don't be afraid to charge in with the dodge-forward and lead off into your combo swings.

the enemies keep switching up throughout the game so you'll always being figuring out new attacks to deal with. I recommend dodging for most of them over the head-bop jump thing. Some of the bigger enemies counter that move with strong attacks.

I'm sure you've seen the larger enemies have some serious 1 or 2 shot kills. They usually have about 2-3 attacks and they telegraph the attack with a windup animation. just learn the anims and counter with a dodge, head smack, or charge.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@korwin: Did that actually become a widespread thing, or was it just the one guy on this forum who said it?

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brendan said:

@korwin: Did that actually become a widespread thing, or was it just the one guy on this forum who said it?

Not sure... probably not otherwise neogaf would have had a field day with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.