Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Favorite/Least Favorite and Best/Worst Cases (spoilers)

DeadSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By DeadSpace
    What was your favorite and your least favorite case?

I really liked "The Driver's Seat" with the pig's blood on the car. A curious little one-off with some fun threads. I was also a fan of the Vice case with Candy Edwards.

What cases did you ace your first time through and what cases did you just completely bomb?

I got a 3-star rating on "The Fallen Idol" (car caught under the billboard, aging movie star with teen girl) but I was pretty much just blundering my way through. I completely fucked up questioning the girl in the hospital, making her extremely uncomfortable and making it extremely difficult for me to pin down the guy at the prop store.

But by far the worst case for me was the first on Arson desk: "Gas Man." I went with Reginald Varley because he seemed to tie into the Suburban Homes conspiracy theory and the anarchist dude just seemed angry and such. I got a 1-star rating for going with Varley. Come to find out: NEITHER of them did it.

This, to me, is one of the biggest problems with this game: you never get to feel like you've really NAILED someone because the main villains of the game are just crazy dudes that get killed in shootouts when all the casework is done.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@DeadSpace said:
    This, to me, is one of the biggest problems with this game: you never get to feel like you've really NAILED someone because the main villains of the game are just crazy dudes that get killed in shootouts when all the casework is done.
    I agree wholeheartedly. 

The game's narrative structure invalidates a lot of the work you do in between major events, so all of the "solved cases" jargon is hollow and any sense of closure is false until you've totally closed a plotline. 
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Yanngc33

I'm in the middle of the Dahila murders, it's way too long, JUST TELL ME WHO REALLY DUN IT GOD DAMMIT

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ThePickle

I think the Black Caesar is my favorite. I really disliked the two Arson cases as Phelps. Those were the only ones I wouldn't want to go back to.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The first case that I really felt like I totally nailed and gave me a buzz was The SIlk Stocking Murder, I really liked how it panned out. Drivers Seat was great too because I totally missed what was going on like a chump and made it far more complicated, I tried it again a second time and you can wrap that up pretty quickly if you don't make a … 'pigs ear' of it!

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Zabant

I enjoyed the hit and run case. Mainly because I found the knife first try and knowing of its existence and implications led to me 5 starring the case.

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Surkov
    @HandsomeDevil: Agreed, the black caesar case is probably my second favorite. All of the characters involved in this case give the best performances in the game in my opinion.  

My favorite case is probably 'The Set-Up', the boxer case. Trailing the girlfriend I thought was interesting, and when she gets stabbed in the ladies room, I was shocked. 
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

The entire arson department was a bit of a mess, and even the first two cases in there that are self-contained weren't so fantastic.

evilrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By evilrazer

The biggest disappointment for me was the Homicide Department, I think Team Bondi had dragged this part of the game too much. Potentially it is structured really great, but when I had the same routine over and over again (check the scene, go to the victims place, check her husband) - this pattern bored me to death.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By EVO

The Fallen Idol. It has everything: 

• attempted murder
    • a drugged out bitch
    • shrunken heads
    • Phelps makes an ass of himself
    • rape
    • a fight
    • blackmail
    • pedophilia
    • Gay Cowboys
    • the best location in the game - Silver Screen Props
    • the secret camera room
    • a chase
    • the shootout at the Jungle Drums set
    fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fetchfox

The Fallen Idol, and the entire Homicide arc. Just a great desk with a bunch of fucking grisly murders. A little repetitive, but I really liked the build up to the final confrontation and trying to understand who the real perp was. I think arson might have been my least favorite desk, and I really didn't like the end mission (just my personal thought though).

gtfan63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gtfan63

I really enjoyed The Fallen Idol. It had everything (which is becoming a cliche). But I really disliked The Naked City honestly. I have yet to 5-star it. And I've 5 starred everything else in the game. The ending to the Homicide desk was great, yet dissapointing. All of the Vice Cases were decent, basically because of Roy. Arson was the worst desk. It wasn't just just a job demotion, it was a interest demotion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.