Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Not bad, Team Bondi! Where are we heading now?

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Fruitcocoa

Let's get some things straight out the way - I was looking forward to this game for years, yes. I knew of it's "non-GTA" style of gameplay, yes. I knew of the facial animation tech but what I didn't know was how much I love this setting, this kind of game and driving around. It's pretty important for you to know that I am from Sweden so some of the stuff in this game is a bit harder for me to understand... or is it? That was what I heard before I started playing. But really the only thing I didn't got was the story arround Mickey Cohen. So, I'll write a review about this game when I'm done but I thought that I share my thoughts about this game because I really do like this game.

This is not a GTA game, as people like to point out. That's probably the best thing about this game, after the animations, of course. But by not being as GTA the driving seems to been a little bit out of focus. It's not bad at all, but after playing Grand Theft Auto IV and Mafia II, a little bit better driving would've been nice. But that's the only thing, and that makes me crazy. As I mentioned above - it's really fun to play every case and I really hope that Rockstar Games and Team Bondi will support this game with tons of downloadable content. I mean, it's not like it has to be relevant to the story. 

I can't stop wondering about where we go from here... And that's what I want to hear from you. Will we see another L.A. Noire or will they move on with some other city or maybe even other time frame? I don't even know what I want. Investigating stuff and putting people in jail rocks, they could make a medieval crime investigation... no, they couldn't. And certainly not some future stuff. What do you guys think? Where do we go from here? 
    Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Fruitcocoa

Let's get some things straight out the way - I was looking forward to this game for years, yes. I knew of it's "non-GTA" style of gameplay, yes. I knew of the facial animation tech but what I didn't know was how much I love this setting, this kind of game and driving around. It's pretty important for you to know that I am from Sweden so some of the stuff in this game is a bit harder for me to understand... or is it? That was what I heard before I started playing. But really the only thing I didn't got was the story arround Mickey Cohen. So, I'll write a review about this game when I'm done but I thought that I share my thoughts about this game because I really do like this game.

This is not a GTA game, as people like to point out. That's probably the best thing about this game, after the animations, of course. But by not being as GTA the driving seems to been a little bit out of focus. It's not bad at all, but after playing Grand Theft Auto IV and Mafia II, a little bit better driving would've been nice. But that's the only thing, and that makes me crazy. As I mentioned above - it's really fun to play every case and I really hope that Rockstar Games and Team Bondi will support this game with tons of downloadable content. I mean, it's not like it has to be relevant to the story. 

I can't stop wondering about where we go from here... And that's what I want to hear from you. Will we see another L.A. Noire or will they move on with some other city or maybe even other time frame? I don't even know what I want. Investigating stuff and putting people in jail rocks, they could make a medieval crime investigation... no, they couldn't. And certainly not some future stuff. What do you guys think? Where do we go from here? 
    TROLOLOLOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TROLOLOLOLO

i would like to see a Rockstar Game set in Feudal Japan, something like Way of the Samurai, but actually good

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DAFTPUNK
    @TROLOLOLOLO: that would be fucking great, lets get on it!
    TROLOLOLOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TROLOLOLOLO

if they do this they should make it alot like red dead redemption, in nearly every aspect, including online play, i would love the option to run around the game world with fellow Samurai.

my one concern is that Rockstar games had clunky Melee Combat, most of them rely on the use of guns for killing enemys.

one thing i would like to see is a less linear story, more options. i would like to start as a clan member, but due to some falling out, become a Ronin.
    like i said, its far fetched, but its something i would love to see.
    clone006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By clone006

I would really like to see them move to victorian london, maybe do a Sherlock Holmes game (or Rockstars equivalent).

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By EVO

Cyberpunk. 

rflx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rflx
    @clone006 said:
    I would really like to see them move to victorian london, maybe do a Sherlock Holmes game (or Rockstars equivalent).
    I was thinking Sherlock Holmes too. That would be awesome.
    chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By chstupid

San Fransisco Noire: The Zodiac Killer

joetom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joetom
    @clone006 said:
    Hell yes! That would be so awesome. 
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Bestostero

Feudal Japan would be awesome, but wouldn't that be the same as the Dynasty Warriors series? or Samurai Warriors I guess

TROLOLOLOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TROLOLOLOLO
    @xhavoc86: except open world, a less fantasy aspect, open world, and one central main character.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By mfpantst

So I still want sequels to this game.  But as I move farther and farther away from playthrough 0, moving on to replaying cases and the free roam modes, the more I think what Ryan said on the last Bombcast makes sense.  Sure sequels to this game would be great, but it's not exactly another LA  Noire right away.  I think, though, this game (or 2K itself) is awakening a desire in me to play meaningful games.  That is as strictly opposed to popcorn action games.  Maybe that's what's next.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I would not want another LA Noire, that's for sure. LA Noire 2 is just nothing I'm interested in since I'm sure Bondi have enough DLC in the pipe to make a full second game alone. Didn't they even remove one of the desks when they ran out of room on the blu-ray? 

What I would love to see though, is a Blade Runner style game with the LA Noire gameplay. But it could be a bit harsher and not hold my hand through every corner. A difficulty setting would have been nice, with the higher setting pretty much letting you fumble around and not know what you've done till the case is closed. 

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By damswedon

My biggest problem with the game so far (Starting Vice) has been the lack of good cases. 
    So I'd love to see some good stories told with refined systems (like the jump from Assassins creed 1 to 2).

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ryanwho

They should go to New Orleans, west coast is boring.

cornwalliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By cornwalliz

I think if they're going to play it safe, New York, throw something like boardwalk empire in there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.