Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Want to hear harsher criticism of LA Noire?

• 60 results
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @FlyingRat said: 
    No, the moment i see 10 threads in two days saying what an awful game it is and not one saying how much fun they had with the game i consider it a wave of hatred.
    You can't dismiss the other 10 threads composed of praise and people very interested in discussing plot elements.
    FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By FlyingRat
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    You can't dismiss the other 10 threads composed of praise and people very interested in discussing plot elements.
    It could very well be the case that i just missed them, but i honestly have not seen one thread praising the game.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @FlyingRat said: 
    It could very well be the case that i just missed them, but i honestly have not seen one thread praising the game.
    Face animation praise 
    Blog saying it's a generally good game 

Those are a couple, but you're right. When trying to search for positive threads, which I thought there were more of, I couldn't find much at all. Interesting. 
    Monte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Monte

Apart from the animation tech the game isn't great, just good.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By BBQBram

Oh look it's this shit again. Do we really need two threads a day claiming to be a safe haven for critics of the game when half the forum is with them anyway?

freedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By freedo
    @EVO said:
    I've been thinking: if L.A. Noire didn't have such amazing facial animation, would've it received anywhere near as much praise? I think 5-10 years from now, when such facial animation is the norm, L.A. Noire's flaws will become even more glaring.
    No, because the interrogations are the crux of the entire game. The think that makes the game unique and kind of stunning is that the actual crime solving is the center of the experience, not the shooting or the car chase which weren't that great (even though, to be honest, I actually enjoyed the shooting and the cases). If it didn't have the facial capture the game would be a failed experiment. L.A. Noire will probably be remembered in the same way Ocarina of Time is remembered. Absolutely ground breaking at the time of it's release, but dated. Still, it's phenomenal game in my opinion. Probably one of my all-time favorites. Also, it's got an 89 on Metacritic. Great score and everything, but it's not the 98 GTA IV got when it came out. So I kind of think it's getting a little bit too harsh of a backlash, IMHO.
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By ShaneDev

What more is there to say that hasn't already been said on these forums before? I think at this point there are more threads about people not liking the game as there are about people liking the game. Why don't people just post this sort of thing to one of the other ten threads about how bad/overpraised/overhyped/disappointing the game is?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @Ygg said:
    @MariachiMacabre said:
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    I can understand all the complaints people have about L.A. Noire, but I still think it was an enjoyable experience.  It's a nice change of pace to play something that doesn't involve blasting the fuck out of everything in sight.
    This. Especially for Rockstar, who have made so much money on games where that's most of what you do (I love GTAIV so don't think I'm bashing it).
    It's not made by Rockstar...lol such a common misconception.
    Never said it was. It was produced by them however. Your snide changes absolutely nothing, however. Rockstar is infamous for their violent video games. This game marks a change of pace for the company.
    PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By PillClinton
    @BBQBram@ShaneDev: Well, to be fair, when I originally wrote this about 40ish hours ago, there really weren't nearly as many threads like this.  A lot of people have finished the game in the past day.  
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#60  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @EVO said:
    I've been thinking: if L.A. Noire didn't have such amazing facial animation, would've it received anywhere near as much praise? I think 5-10 years from now, when such facial animation is the norm, L.A. Noire's flaws will become even more glaring.
    I don't think so.

The facial animations are only a small part of what makes L.A. Noire great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.