Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

What is there to do? (No spoilers!)

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So I was wondering what there would be to do other than the 40 side missions in the open world. I don't want any spoilers and was just wondering if this suffers from the same thing Mafia 2 did. And can someone give an estimate as to how ling the game is? As I said, no spoilers.

Thanks.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

It's not that kind of open world game. There's nothing else to do except for those 40 side missions and some collectible stuff.

And I wouldn't say it "suffers" from it.
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan

There are landmarks, golden film reels, and secret cars to discover.

Or you could just enjoy taking a ride through the city.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

It's a solid 20 hours of straight single player store, and it's of same class as Phoenix Wright.  

It's worth it for the story alone.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Collectible film reels and hidden cars.  Those and the side missions are it for free roam, but you could always go back and 5 star cases.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Anyone find it strange that Mafia 2 got hated on for this but for LA Noire it's fine? Not hating on LA, I love the game but it's a bit weird.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    Anyone find it strange that Mafia 2 got hated on fir this but for LA Noire it's fine? Not hating on LA, I love the game but it's a bit weird.
    Cause Mafia 2 did not have anything? L.A Noire has side missions and those random events. Mafia 2 had shit all to do. 
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By KaosAngel
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    Anyone find it strange that Mafia 2 got hated on fir this but for LA Noire it's fine? Not hating on LA, I love the game but it's a bit weird.
    Cause Mafia 2 did not have anything? L.A Noire has side missions and those random events. Mafia 2 had shit all to do. 
    Mafia 2 was also dumbed down GTA, and not Mafia in next-gen.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @KaosAngel said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    Do the side mission last long? I've already done 3/40 just on my way to the first traffic case.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    @KaosAngel said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    Do the side mission last long? I've already done 3/40 just on my way to the first traffic case.
    Instead of sitting here and typing why not play the game and find out for yourself? Not trying to be rude or anything but your waisting time posting here when you can find out for yourself and have more fun. 
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By rjayb89

Yeah, are you scared of jumping into the unknown or something? Whatever, dude, just play the game. Those side missions don't last that long. Maybe 10 minutes at most per.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    @KaosAngel said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    Instead of sitting here and typing why not play the game and find out for yourself? Not trying to be rude or anything but your waisting time posting here when you can find out for yourself and have more fun. 
    I really would if I could, but I can't.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hatking
    @KaosAngel said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    Plus Mafia 2 wasn't capable of holding my interest past the second mission.  It had a terrible story and an empty environment.  This has an amazing story and only a pseudo-empty environment.
    XivSpew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By XivSpew
    @NekuSakuraba:  FWIW, I liked Mafia 2's single player a great deal, too.  The story moreso than the gameplay, as cliched as it was.  LA Noire, though, is like motherfucking Chinatown to Mafia 2's Godfather III.  Poor analogy, but the cases on their own are so satisfying, I'm way cool with not having extra shit like Saints Row 2 did. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.