Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Anyone follow the pro scene?

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know League isn't terribly popular around these parts with Brad getting everyone into Dota, but I really like watching the competitive play. Hell, I watch way more than I play these days. I follow North America and Korea most closely, but dabble in other regions, wondering if any other duders feel the same way. I thought it'd be cool to discuss it here rather than try yelling above the crowd of Reddit.

I'd consider myself a CLG fan first and foremost with Cloud 9 a close second. After the first week, CLG's getting my hopes up again, they played super well. I think Incarnation is gonna work out in the mid lane for Cloud 9 also, it's just gonna take a little while to get him under control, maybe let him play a strong laner instead of having him flounder on Kogmaw for 20 minute until he can come online.

If you follow the scene a little but don't have time to keep up fully, I also made this podcast called League Digest. I know how much we all like podcasts here. Probably way more than people like League Of Legends. I like league of legends.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I watched a lot of it when I still played a lot. Which was proooobably, 2009-2012 perhaps. I do remember being really hyped about C9s rise to fame, the first Worlds and when Alliance stopped sucking right before I quit.

Froggen is still the best right? That's all I want to know.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Froggen's still the best. I think I lost interest in the competitive scene when I realised that I wouldn't be able to play with the same strategies as the pros unless I got 5 like-minded people together.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@helicopterspy: I like watching NA LCS / Worlds. C9 is doing well with Incarnation so far, glad to see that, hope C9 does well.

CLG is a bit of a wildcard. Would also like to see them recover. Ultimately I still expect C9, CLG and TSM to be #1, #2 and #3

I'm interested to see if TSM can adjust to their shortcomings for a strong split - worried that their weakness at top is getting over exposed (as it did at the invitational). So far Santorin's ganks to top have hurt the team, as Dyrus hasn't been able to get ahead despite getting help in his lane. I think it's far worse to have Bjerg being double team ganked.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By TobbRobb
    Loading Video...

When the crowd started cheering over ward kills because nothing was going on I lost my shit. This game was amazing to watch at 3AM.

RIP CLG.EU. I loved your lame ass style oh so much.

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: I think TSM has the potential to fall way down, maybe even below Team Liquid if they don't all get on the same page. They play too much like 4 guys and Dyrus and after seeing what happened to them at MSI, I think the stronger teams like C9, CLG, Liquid and Impulse could pick up a few strategies and really start putting a hurt on TSM. That said, I've been totally wrong about TSM falling down before. Bjergsen's still REALLY good.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

I watch every LCS game, both EU and NA and sometimes manage to watch a couple of vods from LCK (just watched SKT vs KOO live). LPL only occasionally as there's just too much competitive League at this point.

- It's hard to judge teams, especially this early on. That said, CLG have always had strong starts and then fucked it up late in the season. I don't see Pobelter or Huhi as much of an upgrade over Link, but they're still strong. They have always had outstanding 2v1 due to DoubleLift's laning presence.

- I honestly can't fathom how TSM lost against a 100 cs deficit Kog'Maw, but I guess bunching up in a choke versus a Rumble will do that to you. They have these games where they don't know how to take advantage of their leads (kind of like Alliance Elements), but at the same time, they've shown that they're really good in open teamfights. It's interesting to note that while they often ignored early dragons last split in favor of towers or cs, they've made more efforts towards it in the first 2 games.

- I feel it's possible C9 will drop into the mid-field, unless Incarnation's mechanical skill can balance out Hai's decision-making. In Spring, C9 was often behind, but managed to get back with superior rotations and objective control.

Early prediction for strongest teams in NA would be TSM, CLG, TL and TIP, but experience shows you can never rule out C9.

GTG, so I just finish with Fnatic, SKT and EDG. Put Kabum somewhere above Elements.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.