Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Anyone still play league of legends?

NickyDubz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I know Dota is here big now and I understand why but I'm a league of legends guy and was wondering if the giant bomb community still plays at all? Would love to play with some GB guys and just have some fun and play some games. My name is Nicky Dubz on there add me or put your info below good or bad lets hang out on the rift...

LadyAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There are hundreds of thousands of people that still play League (me included). Whether the people here on GB do or not I don't know, but yes people still play A LOT in general.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

I don't think it has a huge following among the GB community and Brad probably lead anyone curious about moba games to Dota2 (and it would be pretty tough to dedicate time to multiple mobas.) That said, League is still massively bigger than Dota2, so you're probably gonna find enough GB guys out there. I'm on EUW though.

Maybe start each match wishing people "good luck, have batman" and look for reactions.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I played it for 3 years. Kind of burnt out. :P

But yeah, there doesnt seem to be a major league following here. Just a few people here and there.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Addfwyn

League isn't huge in GB, but it's way bigger than dota as a whole so yeah there will be people around playing it.

I play pretty often, anytime I try to watch or play dota 2, it just makes me want to go play League.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started a couple months ago and I'm fully addicted. Add me bombers: Murgatroyd

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#7  Edited By ArbitraryWater

There used to be a bigger community of League players on GB a while back, but thanks to Brad there has been a general shift towards DOTA 2, a game I would be interested in if I wanted to re-learn everything from scratch and if most of my real friends didn't still play League. That's not to say that there aren't people here who wouldn't be willing to play with you. My username there is the same as my username here, so I'd be down to play a few matches.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mylifeforAiur

My friend and I are planning to play a bunch of LoL today and would love for some duders to join us. Just @reply me and I'll get things in motion.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a broad question, absolutely they do. It's the other side of the Dota 2 coin.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If your on League ever, be sure to join the GB chat: it's "Giant Bomb"

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rtslord: How do you get to the chat room exactly?

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd point out that people should probably mention whether they're NA / EUW / EUNE or the real ballers on the BRAhuehuehue servers.

I ended up in the small but tight knit penny arcade community on the EUW server through a friend and having a community of people to chat and play with is what's kept me playing for about 3 years now.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RTSlord

@mylifeforaiur said:

@rtslord: How do you get to the chat room exactly?

Hit the chat icon in the bottom right corner (the one with 2 speech bubbles), then near the bottom of that chat bar thing that opened there should be a plus sign right next to a speech bubble, that's the create/join chat button. Click that then put in Giant Bomb and you're good to go!

By the way, i'm an NA guy, my name is EliSGU

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By artelinarose

Nope, not a one. That game's deader'n disco.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ladyash said:

There are hundreds of thousands of people that still play League (me included). Whether the people here on GB do or not I don't know, but yes people still play A LOT in general.

Millions of people are playing league.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By darkvare

if you feel like playing i'll gladly join id donvare

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I play almost daily, Pimpin Biggs on NA server.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still do mostly because of the new maps (dominion, Aram) are pretty fun, and they have a Mac Client.

Said so, I've been DOTAing loots at home recently.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I play on NA as PresBarackbar. While Dota seems more popular here due to Brad, its overwhelmingly popular over on Gamespot where they have a bunch of video content featuring pro LoL players and stuff.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

Nah, stopped playing about 2 months ago

It's just gotten boring. Riot does the most inane kind of balancing, worse than Hi-Rez on Smite, their champion designs so far have been kind of meh, they have all the money in the world yet people still fail Flash's over thin walls and minion collision and they hardly tell anyone about anything until like a day or so later. Seriously, found out when Scorched Earth Renekton was put on beta servers (Mar 17 or so) and he's still not for sale and many of their balance changes deliberately enforce or encourage the same old meta they've been doing since launch. As my evil Sith Inquisitor would say: ...though technically mine's a female

Loading Video...

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By John1912

I cant get into DoTA. I guess I havent spent enough time to get good at it, but it hasnt pulled me in like LoL. I might have enjoyed it more if the map were smaller like the original. DoTA is a much deeper game in many ways, but it still also feels a little hodge podge. Like I can kinda feel it limitations of the WC3 map editor when they originally designed the characters and abilities. I still play LoL pretty much daily. Gotta be giving WoW a run for its money in time played.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By slyspider

You are not alone, League has a bigger base than Dota 2 does, but maybe not on this website. Im Slyspider on league NA if anyone wants to add

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rtslord: Thanks! It appears that the chat room is empty every time I load it. Anyway, I'd love to play with you sometime. I'm FalseKingAiur. I should say that I'm only level 12.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylifeforaiur: yeah, there are only a couple people who are in the chatroom, but hopefully that'll change

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lord_canti

Brads opinion or not Dota is not the be all and end all. I personally prefere league of legends over Dota and I'm not the only one

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By jakob187

@mystyr_e said:

Nah, stopped playing about 2 months ago

It's just gotten boring. Riot does the most inane kind of balancing, worse than Hi-Rez on Smite, their champion designs so far have been kind of meh, they have all the money in the world yet people still fail Flash's over thin walls and minion collision and they hardly tell anyone about anything until like a day or so later. Seriously, found out when Scorched Earth Renekton was put on beta servers (Mar 17 or so) and he's still not for sale and many of their balance changes deliberately enforce or encourage the same old meta they've been doing since launch. As my evil Sith Inquisitor would say: ...though technically mine's a female

Meanwhile, I would counter this entire idea by saying it's wrong. If anything, it sounds as though you don't actually listen to the reasoning behind the stuff that they do.

1. Just because a skin is available through beta server doesn't mean it would be available super soon afterwards on the live version. Specifically, you mentioned the Scorched Earth skin for Renekton. I'm going to assume that you know the reason behind that delay? It's because of the flame particle effects having issues with Brand. It's the same reason that they had taken Scorched Earth Xerath off the store for a long time and even went so far as to ban the skin to be played in tournament and pro play. The particle effects were screwing up when playing against Brand, causing Xerath to use his ult for a solid two minutes straight. Meanwhile, it was allowing Renekton to stay in his ult form for excessive amounts of time. They have stated continually that it's an issue they are working on fixing all around, and for the time being, they've gone to an older flame particle system on the skins in order to at least make them functional. They will not release the Renekton skin until they have the new flame particle effects for it 100% complete.
    2. Riot's balancing isn't necessarily about the traditional sense of "balancing" like people make it out to be. A lot of what leads Riot to "balancing" a champ is that specific champion's win rate, loss rate, popularity, ban rate, and multiple other things. It's not just about the character mechanically, but also about the number crunch underneath it. For instance, Karma was recently given a full rework on her kit and visuals. Why? She was the lowest tier character since her release. She was "Evelynn tier." They are going to be doing a gameplay rework for Heimerdinger. Why? With the release of so many champs after him, he doesn't hold up anymore. You are trying to place blame on them for holding onto a meta, but they have been constantly trying to change it lately. Look at how many champs they have released in just this year that can multi-lane. They are trying to push the meta away. The meta is not decided by RIOT. The meta is decided by PRO PLAYERS and COMMUNITY. Right now, there is a meta shift happening. It may be small in some ways, but there are plenty of people continually messing with the meta (lane swaps, adc/support mid and AP on bot, support jungles with Taric/Soraka/Janna). Whether the COMMUNITY as a whole accept that meta is THEIR decision. When it comes down to it, the meta is merely "the standard." It's the basic blueprint for how to play League of Legends more competitively. No one ever said you HAVE to follow it.
      Moreover, you said "the same old meta since launch." Have you PLAYED since launch? There was no damn meta in Season 1! I was there. It was Tristana ADC mid, no junglers, AP and bruiser on top, no one played support, and Ryze dominated everything. The meta of "solo top, AP mid, jungler, ranged ADC, support) didn't really start until near the end of Season 1. Season 2 saw it all happening in a big way, and that's when macro-meta started showing up. THAT is when things became fun and interesting. The idea of lane-swaps to keep ADC closer to red, the idea of assassin mids, the idea of solo ADC tops and double bruisers on bot.
      I'm sorry. This idea of a "meta" being forced on people is a joke.
    3. If someone is "flash failing" a wall, they need to get better at the game. Period. If someone is getting stuck in minion collision, they should stop running into minions when fighting. Period. I do not have either of those problems.

Now, getting back to the OP, I play League of Legends. I don't care for Dota 2 or Heroes of Newerth. While the majority of the League community can be assholes, those communities are drastically elitest and make playing their games a much larger pain than I care to ever endure. In League, I can get a good game fairly often. Moreover, HoN and Dota both believe in the same "balancing" model of "no balancing, everyone is OP." While I think that's an interesting way to go about things, I personally find League's balancing to be more interesting to me.

Beyond that, I don't have to use Steam for League, so that's a massive bonus.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

I used to play it, but I just prefer Dota 2's way of doing things more. I don't have to unlock heroes, and I can follow guides more easily on characters I'm unfamiliar with. I'm a nublet sometimes.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I play! I haven't been playing long, I'm level 6. I mostly play Garen and I've gotten pretty good at avoiding death so that's something. Add me.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187: No, minion collision is bullshit. I've been trapped behind my own tower before.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

Well S3 fucked the game up, that's for sure

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By Addfwyn

@mystyr_e: It made supports more engaging to play? Which, as a support player, I am keen on.

ikaruga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ikaruga

I still play almost every other day. got distract with animal crossing atm but still play. I'm level 30 bronze 1 lol, mostly playing ARAM now. GB duders can feel free to add me on NA, i'm down for rank and ARAM. my name is therabit

raycarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

Hiyo, Nicky. Though I haven't been playing as much due to intern work, I still count myself as a LOLer. My ID is MattySharrow. Hope to catch you in the Rift.

NickyDubz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By NickyDubz

So I have been going to the chat now when i get on and dont see many people as well as use the Giant Bomb mumble server. Feel free to check there. ( I have my client autojoin the Giant Bomb Chat Channel on Startup using the options menu when in the room) And lets get a community of giant bombers together.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

Is this a serious question?

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sumbog

I play with my buddies every night, I don't play other than that though, just with friends. Im a social Leaguer.

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I try to squeeze in a few games a couple times a week. I'm pretty good at every role except jungling, though I'll jungle if I have to. I play more ARAMs than anything else these days, I like the low pressure free for all feel.

I'm HelicopterSpy on NA, if you want to add me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.