Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Bah, When I Get A Chance To Ban Champions...

EvilAshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EvilAshe

I start this thread as a thinly veiled excuse to bitch and moan.

I was just in a game, playing the Leona tank as I have to do since it's the only way I have a hope that my dumb hyper-aggresive play style doesn't get me into double-digits deaths. The enemy team were all AD, so I stacked armour like a lunatic, ending up with 300+ normal, 400+ with my shield active. I am, or feel like I should be, a freaking unkillable god (though not one that could smite anything bigger than a fly).

So it's pretty frustrating when Tryndamere takes me from full life to dead in seconds.

Between the lunatic amount of damage Trynd can do if you let him get the slightest bit fed, the beating he can take, and the obnoxious "Endless Rage" that triggers when you finally bring him down, he seems to be designed from the ground up to make playing against him as unrewarding as possible. This isn't me saying OMG TRYND SO OP, I know he has plenty of weaknesses, but he's just not fun to play against win or lose.

So when I finally get a chance to ban Champions in draft pick, he's top oif my goddamn list. I don't care if there are stronger guys, I hate playing against him.

Anyone else have a hated Champion they almost always ban just because they don't like playing against them?

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Thornmail? Tryn will kill himself. Also get exhaust for when he uses endless rage because that's when he crits the most. Also, igniting him when he's using endless rage and tries to run away helps finish him off sometimes if he doesn't bloodlust.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By scarace360

Poppy fuck that bitch.

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By plop1920

Singed Singed Singed Singed

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By UnrealDP

I always thought Ryze was overpowered, but no one online plays a good Ryze other than the AI. Most Ryze players are awfully easy opponents, but when the AI's playing Ryze it's masochistic or at least in the later half of the game, Ryze is a push over early game.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By valrog

Trynd, yes!! No matter how much armor you have, you will die. Such a stupid champion.

Right click to kill things, R to not die.

FFFFFFFF- I hate him so much. Jax as well. And Talon. And Annie. I hate a lot of champions in this game.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Patman99

Yeah he is very frustrating to play against... Always a grind to finally kill that son of a bitch.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Xeiphyer

Trynd is very easy to deal with, he is only considered 'OP' by low skill players.

Your first mistake is letting him get that buff, you should be trying to actively deny him gold during the early game, and ganking him early and mid game. Trynd's early game is complete garbage, so you have to get him as far behind as possible.

As for his ultimate... once he activates it, wait a second or two and then stun him, so he is stunned when his ult wears off (it doesn't last very long really), and then kill him off. If you really want an easy kill, buy executioners calling and his heal will do next to nothing, or ignite him and watch the DoT kill him instantly as his ult wears off. Teemo also wrecks Trynd with his poison.

If you are going to stack armor, get thornmail versus AD champions, so that they kill themselves attacking you. Also, you should be aware of the diminishing returns of armor and magic defence. What I mean is this: If you have 100 armor exactly, you reduce physical damage by 50%. Every 100 beyond that is only half the amount, so an extra 100 armor gives you only 25% bonus reduction, totalling 75%, 300 armor gives you 87.5%, 400 gives you 93.75%, etc.

So stacking purely armor is going to get more and more wasteful. Especially when trynd buys his armor penetration item and is wasting 40% of that bonus. That's why you should also get some Health as well. 200+ armor is usually sufficient, especially if you have thornmail, after that I start getting Health as well, Warmogs is ideal, or Force of Nature if there are any enemy casters, and/or Frozen Mallet for the HP and the slow on your attacks to help out the team.

Also consider getting Warden's Mail and whatever that thing it upgrades into, its awesome versus AD champions for the attack speed slow.

If you follow these tips you shouldn't really have any problem with Trynd, theres nothing inherently OP about him, most people just don't really know the right way to counter him.

After all, Trynd is a 'Carry', A Carry will be able to carry the team to victory single handedly if he gets all his equipment and gets fed. The key is to not let that happen. You should always identify the carries in a game and support yours while trying to hinder the enemy carry as much as possible.

Also in my opinion, Gangplank is a much more OP champion than Trynd is. Watch me crit you for 60% of your HP with my pistol at level 8, then catch up to you with my movespeed/damage boost, and the slow I just applied to you from my passive,then cut you up and kill you.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iDarktread

@Xeiphyer: It's also a good idea to for you, or one of your teammates to taunt him right before he has the chance to pop his ultimate when in battle.

EvilAshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EvilAshe

Meh, I didn't mean for this to turn into purely a Trynd thread. Just 2 things:

Hell yeah I had Thornmail, it was my second tank item after my Sunfire Cape. I also started stacking HP after I hit 300+ armour.

The team I was on was horribly unbalanced. All AD, only Ezreal had range (and he had some sick obsession with farming, "yeah their charging down mid and about to wipe out our inner turret but damnit I'm going to leave GP to defend on his own and go get me those valuable wraiths! Oh you guys are launching an all out charge for their nexus? I'll be right with you, just as soon as I go down bot to farm some minions....").

Anyway we did win, after wiping out all their turrets and inhibitors while losing maybe 2 of our turrets before losing every teamfight when Trynd hit some kind of critical mass and just chewed through our whole team every damn time we went anywhere near him. Luckily he eventually lead a charge on our base so we just charged their nexus since none of the rest of their team posed any threat to us.

As I said, I don't think Trynd is OP, I just think he's no fun to play against.

@plop1920 said:

Singed Singed Singed Singed

If I saw more Singed I think he'd be on my list, so freakin' annoying. It feels like he was designed to be annoying though, Trynd feels like he's annoying because he was badly thought out from the perspective of making the game fun, and it feels like he's in half the games I play.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By TobbRobb

I play a lot of bursty mages. So all the assholes with spellshields "morgana, nocturne, sivir, Kayle" piss me off to no end. Especially Morgana since she is the one I meet in mid the most.
    Malzahar is annoying as hell, long range high damage DOTs and he can effectively take you out of a fight with ult.

Never had a problem with Trynd, most people playing him seem to suck pretty hard.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jack268

Talon is the most overpowered character in the game. His W can deal half of a tanky DPS HP with only a brutalizer. There is no other character that can do that. 

Also his Q crits for about 50% more than it should be doing without IE (aka 250% base crit damage)

satansmagichat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By satansmagichat

So, most of the champs I hate playing against are also the ones I likes playing. Like Teemo, Zilean, Cho'Gath, and Karthus. Honestly, since draft normal started, I just go with a band on Singed, Amumu, Tryn, and Singed. Otherwise, let it roll!!

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By valrog

@Xeiphyer: Yes, preventing Tryndamere from farming is what I usually try to do if I get him in my lane. But then Dominion comes along which eliminates pretty much his only weakness... The most stupid thing about him is that he can activate his ultimate even if stunned, suppressed or otherwise disabled. How many other champions can do that? That's right.

Avatar image for heroicdrinkingsong
    HeroicDrinkingSong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Annie. She's not OP and there are plenty of ways to counter her but GODDAMN IT SOMEHOW SHE ALWAYS DESTROYS ME! *sigh* At this point I'm convinced it's mostly psychosomatic. The moment I see her I just curl up into the fetal position and weep. Which makes it really hard to hit my hotkeys.

Also I love playing Singed, kinda because he's so god damn irritating. I realize this makes me a bad person and I apologize.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Vorbis

Solo laning against a really good Kog'Maw. I don't need to add anything else.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tunaburn

on summoners rift i always ban singed. I hate that freakin guy..... on dominion its jax and tryn.

EvilAshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EvilAshe

@HeroicDrinkingSong said:

Also I love playing Singed, kinda because he's so god damn irritating. I realize this makes me a bad person and I apologize.

You're only a bad person if you're on the other team. If you're on my team it makes you the best person :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.