Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

This Weekend 17-18th of September = Normal Draft Mode!

plague102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By plague102

Because Riot has to work out bugs with the ranked game mode and thus have to shut it down, they are introducing normal draft picking alongside normal blind picking this weekend. To me this is a great way for people to tryout how a ranked match goes without the added pressure of a ranked game. I also think that Riot should keep this option around even after they fixed ranked, though it might take away some players from the normal blind pick option. So what are everyone's thoughts on this? Do you think they should keep it around or is the regular split of blind pick/ranked games good enough?

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By artgarcrunkle

Draft is better. Blind pick is a joke because you can't ban/pick counters for any broken champs your opponents will pick. They won't keep it around because it might increase server load.

Avatar image for heroicdrinkingsong
    HeroicDrinkingSong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@artgarcrunkle said:

Draft is better. Blind pick is a joke because you can't ban/pick counters for any broken champs your opponents will pick. They won't keep it around because it might increase server load.

Maybe, but as a tool for new users it's nice. Theres nothing more stressful than having your first few choices banned and realizing you have to play an unknown when your first getting in to PVP.

Cr0ssbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Cr0ssbow

They just announced that they're making this permanent. Awesome. Theoretically, I prefer this mode but it seems like it's easier for the trolls to troll so may stay away from it.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By amomjc

Draft males me angry because I fell in love with the new champion Riven and she is banned nearly every time. If I can't get her, I go for Malzahar and good god even he gets banned! /sadface

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By jimi

This seems wide open for griefing.

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Questionable

@csoup said:

Draft males me angry because I fell in love with the new champion Riven and she is banned nearly every time. If I can't get her, I go for Malzahar and good god even he gets banned! /sadface

All i see banned in EUW are Tryn\Brand\armadillo\Fiddle\Singed\Gankplank\Amumu'\

Yeah people in EUW really dont like playing against tanks :p

Good thing Leona players are rare or i would be out of a job haha, Alistair does get picked pretty much every match tough...

Brand is the only champion that is guaranteed to be in the match if hes not banned wich pretty much proves how OP he is in teamfights and solo lane.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By valrog

@Questionable: Armadillo?

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Drizzle

@valrog said:

@Questionable: Armadillo?

Rammus

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.