Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Will I hate this game once I hit 30?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel

So inspired by the Bombcast and the Dota2 buzz I have been furiously playing LoL lately. I am level 14 or something and love it so far. The win/ratio is probably bad, but I have fun. I try to push for wins and learn Champs. In the even lower levels under 10 I usually dominated the game.

Reading some guides on MOBAFire.com made me think though. Getting 6/6 creepkills at the tower, extensive warding etc. I do not know if I can keep up. Do I even want to? I am not much of a "guild guy" anymore (WoW addiction ... bad!) so I play with randoms almost always. Will this be a mess all the time, or do one can still hit a 50% win ratio.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Level 30 or 30 years old?

Tehehehehe

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Wuddel

@manthorp said:

Level 30 or 30 years old?

Tehehehehe

Dude, I wish I would be 30 again :)

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Questionable
    @Wuddel: I am in eaxctly the same situation as yourself, i tend to focus on a single hero a week Leona this week who is horrible! (very bad scaling with levels) so i start ok and then get totally outplayed as the match carries on wich is sort off frustrating but also forces me to improve my play just to be on equal footing 

Anyway i think the non-serious players are filtered out by level 30, if this includes yourself i dont know but i bet you pick up those things automaticly by the time you hit 30. assuming you dont buy the double XP items for Riot points (real money) the leveling itself will give you plenty of practise to compete 

Also i think this game sorts players by their skill level similar to starcraft so awesome players fight awesome oponents more often than not
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By valrog

I also play alone (most of the time), so not being a "Guild guy" is not a factor here. It won't be a mess, you will have bad streaks but you will also have good streaks. I manage to keep ~50% win/lose with sometimes going even +20 more losses but so far I've always managed to get it down to less than 10, sometimes even having more wins.

And don't worry about those things if you don't know what they are, you'll learn while playing the game.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CheapPoison

Hitting 50% win ratio should be no problem. 

Going above that might be harder with randoms, or without yourself being amazing. 
    And i feel even then, there is only so much you can do alone. 

Beside before 30 it's probably more learning the champions. 
    Just even getting the feel of what kind of damage champs can do to know if you are safe or not... most will just come by experience.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By flaminghobo

Learning how to use wards properly isn't too much of a monumental task, and speaking from experience, there are a tonne of people who are level 30 that are as dumb as a newby. So you shouldn't have to worry about keeping up with level 30's. 

Also, if you plan on playing ranked matches, my advice is to take at least one other person into that match with you. Unfortunately ranked isn't much better on the player skill front when you start playing.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SlasherMan

The way the game is played changes quite a bit by the time you hit 30. You won't be playing it quite the same way as you would be now, and people will generally be a lot more competitive. They'll still be as dumb and nasty as ever, though. If you like the game right now however, I doubt there is any reason for you to hate it in when you level up further. It's just the community that you have to deal with, and if you can find a way to deal with trolls and idiots, then you won't have any problems.

As for that win ratio thing, I'm always a few wins away from 50%. I think I've always hung around the 48-49% mark. The problem is you can never tell when you get bad players on your team, leavers, AFKers, rage-quitters, etc. And there are just too many of those, unfortunately. And of course there are the matches when you're simply bested by others. It's usually a good idea to have a friends to play with if you want to try and keep a decent high win ratio. Plus, it's more fun that way.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By amomjc

Read guides and get use to a couple of characters to play them well and L30 will be fine. The only difference between level 30 and 14, is people have runes and they are a little more familiar with their characters. You will run into the occasional match of players who play Ranked matches 24/7 jumping in a custom and devastating their opponents, but that doesn't happen all that often.

Most L30's I've run into are just people who have played long enough to get there by XP solely and have just as much playing experience or skill as someone in their teen levels.

Only reason you would "hate" the game is if your playing it for the wrong reason, it's a competitive game so expect to need to become competitive to enjoy it. If you don't want to feel like you need to keep up to par with everyone else, open up a couple of custom games and play with like minded people.

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EmptyApartment

I say naw you wont hate it :). Ive been playing since beta and I still love this game though yes it is quite a bit to learn at first. I have a few friends i play with here and there but still play randoms a lot too and like i said still enjoy it to this day. Good luck with your trip to 30, also since you mentioned mobafire, might wanna check out solomid they got some nice champ spefic guides there by some of the top players.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php

ps. dunno if you are but just wanted 2 mention you should try and save up some IP for when u hit lvl 20, so you can start getting your tier 3 runes. Runes of course arent everything but do help.

DerBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DerBrick

@EmptyApartment said:

I say naw you wont hate it :). Ive been playing since beta and I still love this game though yes it is quite a bit to learn at first. I have a few friends i play with here and there but still play randoms a lot too and like i said still enjoy it to this day. Good luck with your trip to 30, also since you mentioned mobafire, might wanna check out solomid they got some nice champ spefic guides there by some of the top players.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php

ps. dunno if you are but just wanted 2 mention you should try and save up some IP for when u hit lvl 20, so you can start getting your tier 3 runes. Runes of course arent everything but do help.

Yeah, I agree. I purchased some tier 2 runes but since then I haven't touched them. Save your IP for level 20+

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.