Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

L4D "Crash Course" DLC to hit Thursday (RUMORED)

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By C0V3RT
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

:O           To bad it's $7 for one map.  To expensive in my book.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By C0V3RT

It's also only got two sub-missions (or whatever the hell you want to call it) and only lasts about 30 minutes.  Each of the sections has a "crescendo event".  This, however, sold me...  

The finale of Crash Course sees the Survivors reach a garage, where a bus is waiting at the top of a vehicle elevator, just out of reach. In what looks to be an homage to the Dawn of the Dead remake, the bus is armor-plated and is designed to take the Survivors through to safety and away from the Infected. Unfortunately, players must first get the bus down, and that requires use of a generator located in the parking lot outside.

The generator, unlike usual finales and Crescendo Event, takes time to activate, with players having to wait while the power charges up. Also unlike other finales, the generator sometimes fails, requiring a second activation. Once it's powered, the bus lowers and the horde arrives. This finale is particularly difficult for the Survivors because the Infected can attack from virtually every direction. After several long minutes of sustained horde attack, all of the power goes out.

Players are now stuck in the dark, surrounded by the Infected, and need to fight their way back to the generator in order to switch it on again, stuck in the open and having to slowly wait for the power to return. Of course, a Tank will make his appearance as with every finale. Once the bus is lowered, the Survivors enter in the back, and they escape.    

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By VWGTI

KIck ass if true. I'll be eager to try it when it releases. It's still free on the PC, right?

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By C0V3RT
    @VWGTI:
    I would assume so?
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am in the middle of the road on this one. It would be nice to see a new map but, at the same time, $7 is pretty hefty, especially when PC owners get it free (right?). I haven't picked up L4D in the longest time anyway so I don't know if my interest in the game still stands.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By C0V3RT
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    "I am in the middle of the road on this one. It would be nice to see a new map but, at the same time, $7 is pretty hefty, especially when PC owners get it free (right?). I haven't picked up L4D in the longest time anyway so I don't know if my interest in the game still stands. "

My take on this is that this is more intended for people still playing Left 4 Dead to hold them over until Left 4 Dead 2.  It wouldnt be enough for me to go back to it if I had already put it down.
    Avatar image for sir_hugo_sherwodywody
    Sir_Hugo_Sherwodywody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Im sure i read somewhere that the reason it costs money for Xbox is because microsoft wanted it to. Typical.

drakexdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By drakexdoom

i heard that it was MS and not valve that wanted them to charge for it also.

theres a chance it might download with some new achievements?! survival pack was free on 360 but there were no new achievements. however when it was released on the PC i think they got awards/achievements. correct me if im wrong lol

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By wefwefasdf

Ah! I forgot that I have L4D on my PC! I need to go play that!

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Druminator

Seems cool but I might just wait for L4D2 instead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.