Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

Left 4 Dead Review (OXM)

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Jordan23

This is some scans of the OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) review for Valve's Left 4 Dead and it  doesn't disappoint.  (I didn't take take these snapshots either).

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

I wanna see some reviews for the PC version....also some other verdict on the console one so I can know it is at least just as good, because OXM is fucking garbage, and even if they weren't, I'll never trust a 'xbox' or 'playstation' mag/site for reviews on a game exclusive to their console, because for that sole reason they're biased.(not being a dick to you OP, just stating) soon as a normal site reviews both I'll look at those, namely, GB/1up.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Red

Good that it doesn't suck. I would NEVER trust OXM for a purchase but they'll at least give a vacinity of the quality of the game.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Scooper

I'm already playing the demo so a review means nothing to me. People need to stop caring about 'scores' as such and just read the text. I don't even pay attention to GiantBomb's scores because a score means absolutly nothing without the text. If you're buying games soley from their scores you're not buying the games you may actualy want.

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By ColMustard
    Red said:
    "Good that it doesn't suck. I would NEVER trust OXM for a purchase but they'll at least give a vacinity of the quality of the game."
    I can understand your not wanting to trust a first party review magazine, but seriously if you read the publications when they come out, OXM is one of the better review sources around.  They get alot right. 
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422
    ColMustard said:
    "Red said:
    "Good that it doesn't suck. I would NEVER trust OXM for a purchase but they'll at least give a vacinity of the quality of the game."
    I can understand your not wanting to trust a first party review magazine, but seriously if you read the publications when they come out, OXM is one of the better review sources around.  They get alot right. "
    yeah....you keep believing that, I'll stick with what I know.
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    pause422 said:
    "ColMustard said:
    "Red said:
    I can understand your not wanting to trust a first party review magazine, but seriously if you read the publications when they come out, OXM is one of the better review sources around.  They get alot right. "
    yeah....you keep believing that, I'll stick with what I know."

I only truly trust OXM if they give something a 10 considering they gave saints row 2 a 9 which I dont know if it deserves since I havent personally played it. IGN is the one a truly trust if a game gets under a 9 I usally cancel pre order if I was worried buying it
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By xruntime

There are a lot of bullshit OXM scores. I don't trust any individual reviewer, you gotta look at the metacritic score. Even GB, I think, is sometimes biased.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "pause422 said:
    "ColMustard said:
    "Red said:

I only truly trust OXM if they give something a 10 considering they gave saints row 2 a 9 which I dont know if it deserves since I havent personally played it. IGN is the one a truly trust if a game gets under a 9 I usally cancel pre order if I was worried buying it"
    so...you trust them when they give a game a 10? that doesn't seem to make much sense to me....no game honestly in this day and age deserves a 10, but I'm sure they'll give almost all microsoft exclusives 10s, or ones with exclusive dlc.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Demilich
    xruntime said:
    "There are a lot of bullshit OXM scores. I don't trust any individual reviewer, you gotta look at the metacritic score. Even GB, I think, is sometimes biased."

Metacritic themselves are biased. They pick and choose what reviews to add. Not to mention this (Taken directly from Metacritic) "If a critic does not indicate a score, we assign a score based on the general impression given by the text of the review."

You have to use News 4 Gamers or Game Rankings for a real unbiased collective source.
    stucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By stucket
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pause422
    Demilich said:
    "xruntime said:
    "There are a lot of bullshit OXM scores. I don't trust any individual reviewer, you gotta look at the metacritic score. Even GB, I think, is sometimes biased."

Metacritic themselves are biased. They pick and choose what reviews to add. Not to mention this (Taken directly from Metacritic) "If a critic does not indicate a score, we assign a score based on the general impression given by the text of the review."

You have to use News 4 Gamers or Game Rankings for a real unbiased collective source."
    exactly, I don't know how many times I've said metacritic needs to be taken out and fucking shot, and anyone related to creating it with it. Its so stupid, yet so many morons follow it so closely, like its the end all to anything, and its so flawed its not funny.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demilich
    stucket said:
    "To Runtime,i agree with ya on GB biased, but hey, GB is rating on the way they feel the game is, They kinda play games they like +  The rating is how fun and worth it it is, not really much on fairness. so yea,no offence if i insulted anyone XD"

Somewhat true. If you listen to the podcast you'll know that Jeff likes Mortal Kombat, Burnout and shit like that. Brad like MGS and LittleBigPlanet, so it's not hard to predict scores based on what they like, it's also no secret to anybody.

Though I was a little surprised at Jeff's 5/5 for LBP. He didn't speak too highly of it before.
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xruntime

That's true - I should have rephrased what I said before. Don't look at the metacritic score, look at the individual scores as well as the one-liners. That should be sufficient to give you a general impression.

Personally, I look at the one-liners all the time - they really give a good feel about what each reviewer thought about the game.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By mracoon

Why don't people just play the demo to see if they want get the game.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xruntime

Because the only people who can play the demo right now are the ones who already got the game. Durrrrrr....

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By mracoon
    xruntime said:
    "Because the only people who can play the demo right now are the ones who already got the game. Durrrrrr...."
    I meant when it comes out for everyone in a few days.
    ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ColMustard
    pause422 said:
    "ColMustard said:
    "Red said:
    ok... fine with me.  Its not like a review publication dictates what games I buy and don't, I just thought before you took a huge crap on OXM for no reason, I'd chime in a bit.  All things considered, OXM is pretty good.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pause422

In your opinion, they're pretty good. Which honestly, is completely wrong, but its fine that you think that.

Avatar image for deactivated-64eba2fb499a6
    deactivated-64eba2fb499a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pause422 said:
    "I wanna see some reviews for the PC version....also some other verdict on the console one so I can know it is at least just as good, because OXM is fucking garbage, and even if they weren't, I'll never trust a 'xbox' or 'playstation' mag/site for reviews on a game exclusive to their console, because for that sole reason they're biased.(not being a dick to you OP, just stating) soon as a normal site reviews both I'll look at those, namely, GB/1up."
    i hope your stupid ass knows that futrue network owns xbox mag as well as PC gamer and PSM  that they are just licensing the names , microsoft  and sony DONT HAVE ANYTHING to do with the mags but the names.  also they have infact given microsoft games 7 and 8's before  and we all know noone goes below a 6 anymore   but its funny that you trust FUCKNIG 1up

News 4 Gamers SUCKS and  is overrun by fanboys

also go take a brake from your computer and take a napy seems to me baby needs it
    SleazyP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SleazyP

Looking gooooood!!!!

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By BiggerBomb
    cue_kalamos said:
    "pause422 said:
    "I wanna see some reviews for the PC version....also some other verdict on the console one so I can know it is at least just as good, because OXM is fucking garbage, and even if they weren't, I'll never trust a 'xbox' or 'playstation' mag/site for reviews on a game exclusive to their console, because for that sole reason they're biased.(not being a dick to you OP, just stating) soon as a normal site reviews both I'll look at those, namely, GB/1up."
    i hope your stupid ass knows that futrue network owns xbox mag as well as PC gamer and PSM  that they are just licensing the names , microsoft  and sony DONT HAVE ANYTHING to do with the mags but the names.  also they have infact given microsoft games 7 and 8's before  and we all know noone goes below a 6 anymore   but its funny that you trust FUCKNIG 1up

also go take a brake from your computer and take a napy seems to me baby needs it"

Easy there...
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kmdrkul

My wallet has been bitch slapped to death this month.  This (and sadly, Gears 2) will have to wait a little bit :(

tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tmontana1004

Sweet =D

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pause422
    cue_kalamos said:
    "pause422 said:

also go take a brake from your computer and take a napy seems to me baby needs it"
    hah, you're a complete moron, think what you want, but they are infact gonna be more biased to their games than anyone else. Don't care what you have to say, by your comment there, you're around 12 years old.
    Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Aaron_G

9.5 is pretty good. I'll wait to what GiantBomb says.

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ColMustard
    pause422 said:
    "In your opinion, they're pretty good. Which honestly, is completely wrong, but its fine that you think that."
    so my opinion is opinion and yours is fact...? your a walking contradiction... but its ok, I forgive you.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By jakob187

ZOMG, OXM SUCKS AND IT'S NOT A 10!!!  THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!  WAITING FOR MORE REVIEWS!!!

Sorry, I had to say it before everyone else.

Oh, and by the way....

9.5 is great or pretty good...but 9.0 for Gears 2 was horrible?!  You people have some screwy fucking rating radars!!!  What's more amusing is all you muthafuckers who have constantly stated "OXM isn't reliable" but now the tune you are singing is "I don't always find OXM reliable, but this works for me".
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By BiggerBomb
    jakob187 said:
    "ZOMG, OXM SUCKS AND IT'S NOT A 10!!!  THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!  WAITING FOR MORE REVIEWS!!!
    Sorry, I had to say it before everyone else.

Oh, and by the way....

9.5 is great or pretty good...but 9.0 for Gears 2 was horrible?!  You people have some screwy fucking rating radars!!!  What's more amusing is all you muthafuckers who have constantly stated "OXM isn't reliable" but now the tune you are singing is "I don't always find OXM reliable, but this works for me".
    "

Jakob, let me introduce you to the internet. Internet, this is Jakob. Jakob, internet. Good! :D
    GmLx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GmLx
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said: 
    " I only truly trust OXM if they give something a 10 considering they gave saints row 2 a 9 which I dont know if it deserves since I havent personally played it. IGN is the one a truly trust if a game gets under a 9 I usally cancel pre order if I was worried buying it"

Dude i think IGN are wayyyy to harsh on some games... especially the Australian ones
    ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ColMustard

OXM was just about the only major publication to not give GTA4 a 10, guess what, GTA4 is not even close to a 10... Gamespot reviews are the biggest jokes around IMO.

tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tmontana1004

GTA4 was a joke and if the publisher didn't pay off the reviewers I would be VERY surprised.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Demilich
    ColMustard said:
    "OXM was just about the only major publication to not give GTA4 a 10, guess what, GTA4 is not even close to a 10... Gamespot reviews are the biggest jokes around IMO."

Eurogamer are the biggest joke, but GameSpot aint great these days either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.