Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Legacy of Ys: Books I & II

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 24, 2009

A compilation of the DS remakes of Ys I & II bundled together on one cartridge.

Front Page Feature: Temperance Reviews Legacy of Ys: Books I & II

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Edited By mike

For the next few days, Giant Bomb user Temperance will have his excellent review of Legacy of Ys: Books I & II for the Nintendo DS featured on the front page.  At any time, just go to the front page of GB and scroll all the way down to the bottom to see the current featured review.

No Caption Provided

We're going to be featuring a different user review every few days or so, but we need your help.  If you come across a particularly well-written user review for a game, please send a PM to a moderator and we'll consider it for being featured.  We don't even mind if you want to recommend your own review if you think it's worthy of being on the home page!  Initially, we would like to feature reviews for current games that Giant Bomb may not have gotten around to, but reviews for any game will be considered.

Thanks to Temperance for a well-written and informative review!
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mike

For the next few days, Giant Bomb user Temperance will have his excellent review of Legacy of Ys: Books I & II for the Nintendo DS featured on the front page.  At any time, just go to the front page of GB and scroll all the way down to the bottom to see the current featured review.

No Caption Provided

We're going to be featuring a different user review every few days or so, but we need your help.  If you come across a particularly well-written user review for a game, please send a PM to a moderator and we'll consider it for being featured.  We don't even mind if you want to recommend your own review if you think it's worthy of being on the home page!  Initially, we would like to feature reviews for current games that Giant Bomb may not have gotten around to, but reviews for any game will be considered.

Thanks to Temperance for a well-written and informative review!
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Well, I'll be all for this so long as it's not the usual suspects getting highlighted.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

I see you finally got around to posting this :P ...Yes, we could definitely use your help in finding great reviews to be featured and don't be afraid to submit your own reviews. We would like current games (not reviewed by the staff) as the #1 submissions, but older games are welcome and will get equal treatment...I actually think it would be cool to feature a review of a classic Tomb Raider game to coincide with the release of a new TR game/DLC (just an example).

Also in reply to Sleepy_Insomniac: The plan is to not just feature reviews from the same users over and over again...we are keeping track of every review that gets featured, from the game reviewed, to the user who reviewed it. Hopefully this new feature will inspire more users to start writing reviews in hopes of getting featured on the front page.

Just "do it"!

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    Kush said:
    "Also in reply to Sleepy_Insomniac: The plan is to not just feature reviews from the same users over and over again...we are keeping track of every review that gets featured, from the game reviewed, to the user who reviewed it. Hopefully this new feature will inspire more users to start writing reviews in hopes of getting featured on the front page."
    Well, I know that's not the plan; it's just that certain users have more of a stamp on this place if you know what I'm saying.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kush
    Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    "Well, I know that's not the plan; it's just that certain users have more of a stamp on this place if you know what I'm saying."
    Well you have my word that no user will be getting special treatment when it comes to this feature...that's pretty much all I can give you too. You can trust me or not, but I'm paying very close attention to all of this stuff and I want everyone to feel equally a part of this. It's not easy finding good user reviews worthy of being featured either...the feature has only been in place for about a week and I've already read probably around 30ish reviews...anyways, no bias shall be found here.
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    Kush said:
    Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    "Well, I know that's not the plan; it's just that certain users have more of a stamp on this place if you know what I'm saying."
    "Well you have my word that no user will be getting special treatment when it comes to this feature...that's pretty much all I can give you too. You can trust me or not, but I'm paying very close attention to all of this stuff and I want everyone to feel equally a part of this. It's not easy finding good user reviews worthy of being featured either...the feature has only been in place for about a week and I've already read probably around 30ish reviews...anyways, no bias shall be found here."
    Don't worry, I trust you. :)

EDIT: *huggles*
    Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Oni

Yeah awesome feature, this, my Watchmen review made the front page as well. It's great.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Hamz
    Oni said:
    "Yeah awesome feature, this, my Watchmen review made the front page as well. It's great."
    I thought it was Frontpage worthy mate, especially with the game / movie buzz in the air. Good review sir!

And as for how to get on the frontpage, write a decent review is about all it takes. No bias, no shenanigans or anything. Both new and older users will have equal opportunity to get their content on the frontpage. We try to change it up every few days or so.
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    "Well, I'll be all for this so long as it's not the usual suspects getting highlighted."
    Took the words right from my mouth.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

*Applauds Temperance*

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Disgaeamad

I think it'd be easier to make the feature weekly. That means it doesn't jump around too much, and the featured review'll have just the right amount of time in the spotlight.

It'll also be less hectic for you guys!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.