Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Legends of Pegasus

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 10, 2012

A 4X space game where you will build a customized fleet of ships and conquer the galaxy in a quest to return to Earth before alien forces destroy it.

possible GB quick look?

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By fox01313

With Brad out this week, I wonder if we will see a quick look for this (or I'm the only one curious about this game)? Like Endless Space, it's a 4x game but looks like the ship customization is more detailed if I remember right from the trailers off Steam. One of the things so far that I've seen that I like about Endless Space is the personality in the writing so been curious if this has that too.

isawachuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By isawachuck

I'd like to see a QL of this one too!

ruken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ruken

hell yes please

eldrien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By eldrien

I'm on the fence for this game but curious so I'd certainly be interested in a Quick Look ;)

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By morningstar

I need a quick look of this so I can decide if I want to buy it or not ^^

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dezztroy

This game is busted, bad. Don't buy it.

eldrien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By eldrien

@Dezztroy: that's unfortunate. I was hoping for a decent 4X game with a campaign (love Sins of a Solar Empire but I need a campaign to keep me coming back...)

What's wrong with it? Buggy?

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dezztroy
    @Eldrien said:

@Dezztroy: that's unfortunate. I was hoping for a decent 4X game with a campaign (love Sins of a Solar Empire but I need a campaign to keep me coming back...)

Very. About 20 minutes into the campaign I ran into a gamebreaking bug, forcing me to restart. Every attempt at multiplayer I've done has ended with the game crashing 3-4 turns in. Other than that it's just far from user-friendly with some parts of the game lacking any tooltips whatsoever, forcing you to guess what the effects of your racial bonuses are for example.
    Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Grimhild

@Dezztroy said:

@Eldrien said:

Very. About 20 minutes into the campaign I ran into a gamebreaking bug, forcing me to restart. Every attempt at multiplayer I've done has ended with the game crashing 3-4 turns in. Other than that it's just far from user-friendly with some parts of the game lacking any tooltips whatsoever, forcing you to guess what the effects of your racial bonuses are for example.

/tableslam

Damn it! I had high hopes for this one, too...

Maybe it'll get patched up in a hurry. They better make it quick before X-com: EU comes out, though. Teehehehehe...

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By inkerman

@Eldrien said:

I honestly don't know about the campaign but just in terms of gameplay I'm loving the shit out of Galactic Civilizations II and all its addons.

essi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By essi2

The steam forum for this is nothing but people telling other people not to buy it. A QL to check if it's really that bad would be nice.

Avatar image for celegorm_menegroth
    celegorm_menegroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ah ... I honestly don't see how they'd be able to put together enough of an experience to actually have a Quicklook.

The game was released way too early. It's got some horrible UI choices ... it's like I'm looking at things while moving around in mud. There's no clear indication of what's going on most of the time.

Let's put it this way.

I've been playing two games this weekend. Dwarf Fortress and this.

Dwarf Fortress has a better UI and command infrastructure. I click on the "warp" button and my cursor changes into the warp icon ... then I start clicking out in space. Sometimes the icon is blue. Sometimes the icon is green. Right click or Left click. EIther way, after I hit "End Turn" my ship is still where it started. What am I doing wrong? No idea. Same goes for repair, using other abilities, etc.

The campaign isn't that great, so far, either. I've had to restart a couple times ... there's no real clear direction as to what I'm really supposed to be doing ... "go find the enemy (waypoints)" was all I got at one point, which left me spending twenty turns or so spinning ships around the system blindly hoping I bumped into something.

I was really hoping this would be at least on par with Endless Space with a better combat system ... but ... so far, I really don't even know if the combat system is much better. I haven't been able to build up a decent fleet to try it out. But, I can tell you that not knowing if your commands are actually doing something is a real pain in the ass.

Waste of 35 bucks, at this point. Not holding my breath on a patch ... I just uninstalled it.

Endless Space = pretty UI, horrible combat and ship models. This = horrible UI, cool ship models and potentially good combat.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By ShadowSkill11

The game was released broken. In the first tutorial mission there was a bug that prevents you from moving a ship and stops you from beating the mission. I'm not buying anything from that company again.

l3roken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By l3roken

Game is great...but currently not very functional. I would wait for a patch or two.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@l3roken said:

Game is great...but currently not very functional. I would wait for a patch or two.

How did you judge it great? A game breaking bug happened to me on the first tutorial mission. What happened to you?

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By geirr

The most puzzling part to me is why Kalypso wants €45 for Legend of Pegasus when the super sleek Endless Space is a mere €21 (at least here in Europe).

Off the bat it doesn't even seem half as appealing, and yet they want twice the money.

l3roken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By l3roken

I got through most of the human campaign with some crashes happening throughout the missions. Not super enjoyable to have to relaunch but I have been playing games long enough to expect bugs around launch and beyond that I like it. I do have a love for 4X games so that might influence my opinion but all the concepts are there..they just need to iron out some issues. And I would not mind a serious UI improvement so that its a lot smoother. As of right now if you are looking for some strategic space combat I agree with ...buy Endless Space instead and wait for this to patch. Just know you won't be getting any real-time combat there...if that is what you want try Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion.

l3roken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By l3roken

I do not blame you for not catching this in the one tiny tutorial bubble they mentioned it in but the warp function only works during real-time combat, not when you are in the turn-based mode. And the color change indicates whether it will function during real-time combat with a green cursor meaning the distance is far enough for them to jump and the purple meaning it is too close. You do not need warp when not in combat because you can move the ships anywhere within the system in a turn.

Avatar image for celegorm_menegroth
    celegorm_menegroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l3roken: Really? ... huh. Ok, I missed it in that blip of a window that went past ... but I seem to recall it going past when I wasn't in real-time combat?

That said, I intentionally tried the Repair function on ships during combat, and found it less than useless ... At least my repair station ( as unresponsive as that thing is ) actually repairs my ships reliably when I shove something towards it. No idea what it's limits are, or if it's costing me any cash to repair ... but at least I know the ship pops out fully repaired after one turn.

Regardless, game's uninstalled. I understand games usually require a few patches ... but the UI on this one is so horrible that I'm not going to fight with it. I'll just move on. Something that drastic wont get changed until an expansion at the earliest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.