No recent wiki edits to this page.
The latest version of Lumines keeps the classic formula of Lumines intact while adding new features. Players can now rotate falling blocks with their finger on the front touch screen although, if preferred, a traditional button setup is available. The player's avatar also now comes with special abilities, one set for single-player and another for multiplayer.
In addition, the game now employs an experience system to unlock skins rather than the progression methods of the preceding games. It also uses dynamically-lit 3D models for the blocks instead of 2D sprites.
The soundtrack includes a wide selection of licensed songs. At one point, the game was to include a level based on "Sorry" by Madonna, but that idea was scrapped. Q Entertainment has described the soundtrack as a "love letter to electronic music".
- 808 State - "Pacific 707"
- Aeroplane - "Superstar"
- Air - "Kelly Watch the Stars"
- Amon Tobin - "Wooden Toy"
- Anything Box - "Automatons"
- The Art of Noise - "Close (to the Edit)"
- Aphex Twin - "Windowlicker"
- Bebel Gilberto - "Aganju"
- The Beloved - "The Sun Rising"
- Benny Benassi - "Good Girl"
- B.T. - "Embracing the Future"
- The Chemical Brothers - "Dissolve"
- The Chemical Brothers - "Hey Boy Hey Girl"
- Deep Dish - "The Future of the Future (Stay Gold)"
- Faithless - "Flyin' Hi"
- Goldfrapp - "Rocket (Tiesto Remix)"
- The Go! Team - "Apollo Throwback"
- Gouryella - "Gouryella"
- Howard Jones - "Celebrate Our Love"
- Ian Pooley - "What's Your Number"
- Kaskade - "4 AM"
- Ken Ishii - "Sunriser (Publicmind Remix)"
- LCD Soundsystem - "Disco Infiltrator"
- LFO - "Moistly"
- Mark Ronson & The Business - "Bang Bang Bang"
- Mylo - "In My Arms"
- Pet Shop Boys - "Yesterday When I Was Mad (Jam & Spoon Mix)"
- Safri Duo - "Played-A-Live (The Bongo Song)"
- SCSI-9 - "Autumn Love"
- System F - "Out of the Blue"
- Underworld - "Always Loved a Film"
- Wink - "Higher State of Consciousness"
- Wolfgang Gartner - "Wolfgang's 5th Symphony"
Also, Orbital's "Never" is used for the credits of the game.
Like all of the PS Vita games, Lumines: Electronic Symphony is offered as a direct download and has a total size 722 MB before downloading any updates.
Lumines Electronic Symphony controversially lacks a Platinum Trophy. In an interview, James Mielke (Producer at Q-Entertainment) explained that this was due to human error. He explained that the team assumed that all retail games automatically had a Platinum Trophy for completing all other Trophy's. In reality, the Trophy has to be manually entered, meaning that Lumines Electronic Symphony shipped without.