Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

Does anyone else think....

Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Kane

That the back story for this game is ALOT like MGS4 with the governments hiring the PMC's? 

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Fbomb

It's like a lot of futuristic war scenarios. Company controlled military is a lot easier for the world to digest than villanizing one group of people (Nazis, Middle East, Russia...). It's why there are so many WWII shooters, and why futuristic shooters use the same military for profit scenarios. Less controversy for who your enemy is.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @Kane said:

" That the back story for this game is ALOT like MGS4 with the governments hiring the PMC's?  "

I don't think this MMO game has a back story. Private Military Corporations will no doubt become apparent in the future. Look at Black Water company.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai

PMC's are the future man. Look at how much the American government spent in hiring PMC's in iraq. I would also like to add that from all the different FOS MP games that came out this year and are going to come out early next year that thats the one I am truly excited for. I really hope it won't disappoint me. 

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By DCFGS3

Mmm, this one could rock or flop. It comes out a little before my Bday, so I'll get to see reviews beforehand, although I'm seriously looking at Just Cause 2 instead. But yeah, the story isn't too uncommon, it gives them flexibility because no specific countries are mentioned.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.