The new gametype shares its name with this DLC. To get a bit more specific, Interdiction features two rival factions attacking and capturing three separate command posts. The team that keeps the most command posts the longest wins by virtue of score increases as positions are held. The map neutrality adds a bit of spice to the gametype, ensuring that different sides of the map can be used, and the fact that each squad will have its own APC will certainly keep the action hopping.
== TEASER ==Joystiq notes that some players have already unlocked some of the new rewards for Interdiction. If you haven't got them all, or if you're curious about what's left, go ahead and peak below the images of the three maps: Lake Bayano Spur, Sovot Motorway, and Iron Cree Quarry.
And here's those rewards.
- Jump Start -- Capture 2 Command Posts in a round of Interdiction
- Mowing the Grass -- Get 10 kills with a vehicle turret in one round
- Dashed Hopes -- Destroy 2 mines with gunfire in one round
- Cannonball Rally -- Become an MVP (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) in a round of Interdiction
- Roadside Assistance -- Capture 10 Interdiction control points over your career
- Landscape Architect -- Get 50 kills with a vehicle turret over your career
- BOD -- Destroy 20 mines with gunfire over your career
- Designated Driver -- Earn 5 Interdiction MVPs over your career
- King of the Hills (Bronze) -- Earn the Roadside Assistance medal while playing Interdiction
- Red Ball Express (Silver) -- Earn the Designated Driver medal while playing Interdiction
- Road Runner (Gold) -- Capture 3 Interdiction control points in a single round
Who among you is still playing MAG? Are you ready for more MAG?