Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 is the second downloadable game in the CCG series offers new game modes, Planeswalker opponents, decks, and puzzle challenges.

New Duels Of The Planeswalkers Game Announced

• 66 results
    Dante_the_Jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Dante_the_Jedi
    @Jack_Daniels said:

" @Dante_the_Jedi said:

" Ooo magic with your own decks...could be cool "

Uhhh... I think you need to get your eyes checked "No word on price or specifically if the dudes behind the title will let you build your own decks of cards this time around, but I’d imagine we’ll learn all of this rather soon. " "
     Yeah I read it wrong, but I was doing Uni work at the same time. Oh well.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Did this need to be a whole new game?  That would be my biggest problem with buying something like this, the first had hundreds of expansions to add new cards and right away it's all made pointless by a new version..  calling it "2012" only implies they plan to do this yearly. 

I'm much more excited about the Pokemon Online TCG.  It's completely free to play but buying real cards gives you codes to use them online.  Though I know many Magic players look down on the game.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Nictel

Unfortunately this is relevant to my interests. Love it, also cheaper as buying the physical cards.

Galrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Galrick
    @pyromaster222 said:
    "how many people play magic nowadays? "

Quite a few actually. The game has been doing very well for itself over the last few years. The tournament scene is especially hot. 

Honestly, this isn't the annoucement I was hoping for. I liked DotP enough, but I was definitely hoping for some news on the MtG Online client instead. Oh well... 

I'm not sure I'm looking forward to buying a second DotP. I would be perfectly satisfied with a major update of the first one, with new options and features. From what has been shown, it's pretty much the same basic system and layout, I don't know why they couldn't install everything this version has to offer over the old one. 

To shell out the $$ for a new one I would definitely need more than new cards or Archenemy. I always though that a Puzzle Quest-like system would have worked nicely with this.
    Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Reuben

Awesome, can't wait!

fei0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#56  Edited By fei0x

yay, hopefully we'll get some more interesting cards this time around.

Magarnacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Magarnacle

I would love to see a deck editor. Who would not. I would be surprised if they added one though. Everyone playing from the same set of decks creates some interesting balance online and with the wealth of cards available you could build some insanely powerful decks. 

I will be picking this up. More hours wasted staring at the TV unlocking cards. Trying to play eight lands in one turn etc... 

Going to be hard to squeeze this in to a packed fall though. They should get this out in the summer.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By Belonpopo

The day I buy Planeswalker a new fucking game is announced!

Xaero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Xaero

Custom decks or no sale, I enjoyed the first one despite its short-comings because I'm a MtG addict but without the ability to create and customise your own decks it's quite pointless, it forces you to play a style that may very well not be your own and drastically limits replay value because of it.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

They won't create your own decks because then the
    game would be competing with their free online 
    version of MTGO (by Free I mean you pay a dick
    load for cards).

arkkazeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By arkkazeal

Recently started playing MTGO, its pretty fun AND I can make my own decks. Planeswalker does look so pretty though.

Mooqi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By Mooqi

MTG lacks a really decent game port up till now. I hope this one won't let me down.

Fleatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Fleatron

Hope the imbal vampire deck is still in! I easily got my moneys worth from DOTP. 

lifeofriles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By lifeofriles

I have a strong suspicion the reason for not allowing customized decks is due to the difficulty it creates for AI. The game already slows noticeably when many cards are in play, I don't think it's feasible to account for customized decks. Perhaps customized decks in PvP only. 

scarycrayons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By scarycrayons
    @lifeofriles said:

" I have a strong suspicion the reason for not allowing customized decks is due to the difficulty it creates for AI. The game already slows noticeably when many cards are in play, I don't think it's feasible to account for customized decks. Perhaps customized decks in PvP only.  "

If Yu-Gi-Oh games can manage the rules of 4,500 cards on DS/PSP with minimal or no slowdown, alongside AI that can be pretty ruthless and have hundreds of pre-made decks of their own, I can't see why M:TG slows down on a PC/360 outside of incompetence on the developers part.

People often say that 'M:TG is much more complicated than Yu-Gi-Oh', but there's some seriously obscure rules for very specific situations/cards in Yu-Gi-Oh too, and again... 4,500 cards customisable in any configuration.  That's quite a few.
    Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#66  Edited By Kyle
    @scarycrayons: The reason for not allowing fully customized decks is so they don't kill their business for magic online. If people could play all the magic they wanted for the price of one arcade game, it would seriously hurt the truly disgusting amounts of cash they rake in with that product.
    belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By belaraphon

creating your own decks would be a nightmare for players, and would compete with magic online. this series will most likely remain with a pre-made deck focus, an unlockable sideboard,  and the ability to buy unlock keys to make cards foil. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.