Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 23, 2010

As young thief Tepeu, you accompany the enormously powerful but simple Majin across a world lost to darkness to save the kingdom and fulfill his destiny in this new action-adventure title from Namco Bandai and Yoshiki Okamoto.

No one interested in this?

mubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By mubblegum

I think it looks quite fun, a sort of dumbed down version of The Last Guardian. If it gets a UK release soon that'd definitely tide me over until the Last Guardian release. The style is lovely.
      Here's the E3 trailer. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ryanwho

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ryanwho

Its interesting. Looks like much more of a game than LG. Like, the partnership is primarily used to solve puzzles where in LG it seems to be meant to build a relationship. Shows better than in the last trailer.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael

It look like it could be pretty neat, but I'll have to see more of the game before I decide whether or not it's something I think I'll enjoy. They said they were probably gonna release a demo, so I'm gonna wait for that. 

@mubblegum: How can you call it a "dumbed down" version of The Last Guardian when all we've seen of the latter is one trailer, that consisted mostly of cinematics?  

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By animateria

Definitely has a bit of Last Guardian in here but I think it's a coincidence.

mubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By mubblegum
    @Icemael said:
    " It look like it could be pretty neat, but I'll have to see more of the game before I decide whether or not it's something I think I'll enjoy. They said they were probably gonna release a demo, so I'm gonna wait for that. 

@mubblegum: How can you call it a "dumbed down" version of The Last Guardian when all we've seen of the latter is one trailer, that consisted mostly of cinematics?   "
    That's true, I should've stated it in more of a sense graphically and "companion"-wise. There appears to be an element of companionship in both games. Not in terms of gameplay, as we don't have much to go on.
    Certainly intrigued by it.
    M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By M_33

I am now!   

Seems like an allright game with a good deal of puzzle and action/adventure innit. What I do hope that would really make this interesting is having the golem thing completely AI controlled and have it do things using it's own will. That way you'd have to learn from what it does as he learns from what you do? I agree it looks very much like LG but with more action.  

I didn't know or hear about this but now that it's captured my attention, I might buy it if it dosen't get bad reviews. 

EDIT: Goodness I'm dumb. Rewatching the trailer I noticed the guy is with the Golem in every scene so controlling the Golem would be impossible unless they made an on-the-fly switching characters option...
    gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By gamb1t

if it gets good reviews. definitely picking it up

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By jacksukeru

Well this is a game I never heard of before, what a nice surprise. Definetly something to keep an eye on.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RE_Player1

I just watched the Qore episode that covered this and it made this game come on my radar. Will defiantly be looking into this game when i comes out, has a real Ico vibe but instead of a girl you have a giant monster. 

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By habster3

I might have to check this game out when it's released.

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By abdo

Just tried the demo and I like it even more. Makes me feel like a kid again.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It looked kind of interesting but not interesting enough to really captivate me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.