Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marijuana

Object » linked to 49 games

Marijuana is a recreational drug that occasionally appears in video games, usually those with a crime theme.

Marijuana should not be legalized.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
    pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By pirate_republic

First off, let me begin by stating my knowledge: Marijuana is only a painkiller of sorts, correct? A pain killer that has no lasting effect on the user (unlike most painkillers). If it has more benefits, please inform me.

If this is the only positive, then why legalize it?

It makes you high. This is significant because once you've become high, you've lost your innocence and ignorance. Once you've been high, it's easier and more acceptable to do it again. Think about kids: in elementary don't swear, but once they get a little older, and have used more non-swears, non-swears get a little boring, and it is not a big deal to say a non-swear bad word. They start to swear at an older age, and it's huge at first, but as they swear more and more it becomes less of a big deal and they swear all the time with zero personal consequence. It's the same thing with drugs. Once you've been high, it's easier to do it again, and eventually you get tired of it, and want to move up.

I aknowledge that most people will not move up the drug chain on their own. This brings me back to the fact that it makes you high: when you're high you're happy. Much like alcohol, when people have problems, they turn to drugs to be happy. However, when their comes a really really bad day, and you go to turn to drugs like you have (and as it has worked) before, and you either don't have enough money, or some other reason it's not available, you get what you can get, because you're desperate, and you get meth because it's cheap. BAM, your brain is fried.

Discuss.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By thordain

Do we need this? Levio has already made idiotic points.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Hamz

Hey, like Zell mentioned above, please keep the discussion regarding should or shouldn't Marijauna be legal in this topic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.