Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

The PS3 MvC3 Community Thread

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#251  Edited By Gaff
    @Rhaknar Well, "gotten used to" as in knowing what the game does with my inputs. It just makes the game feel... Odd. And at the speed it's going, little things like that and negative edge start mounting up.
    Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#252  Edited By killroycantkill

Have only played with my buddy and not against any of you guys yet.  My team is Dante, Ammy, and ??? Going with Hsien-Ko for the most part but man, she's so weird. Also @Pessh, I can get Dantes 100% no problem in training.

J_Las_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By J_Las_Vegas
    @Gaff: 

I was wondering what your GB tag was?  I had some fun games earlier.  Shame my PS3 crashed.  It seems my disc drive is on the verge of dying again.  Damned Bluray, its my third one in this system.  I'm gonna have to buy a slim I think.  Hopefully they don't have the same problems.
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#254  Edited By VicRattlehead
    @Killroycantkill ive been using lei-lei, pretty fun character was reading on neogaf you can do her super armour super, tag out and use her assists... becaus she keeps the super armour she goes through supers and shit seens completely broken to me that lol
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#255  Edited By StaticFalconar

Had a couple of nice games today: Mental note to myself and others - gotta find a move that stops lei from swinging around like a monkey for free, Wolverine with speed upgrade and X factor is pretty damn hack, and I gotta learn how to use Wesker better.. 

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Godammit, this game actually sounds amazing. Going into town later to see if any non-chain stores have it for sale. 

I have been reduced to playing Alpha 3. 

Alpha fucking 3. 

Edit: Which, as it turns out, is a much better game than 4.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By gosukiller
    @GetEveryone: I won't be playing it untill it arrives at my house, since my friend and I have conflicting schedules at the moment. 

I WANT THIS GAME RITE NOA! 

I'm really interested in learning everything about Amaterasu and learning the basic meter-less Wesker-combo. And of course settleing for a third character. My friend is pretty good with Superskrull, so maybe he might become my third. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gosukiller: Yeah, I want Amaterasu to be on my team, too. She and MODOK look so sick. Super Skrull looks really fun to play...  

I've heard on the grape-vine that there's a shop in the city centre breaking street date, so I'm basically putting all my faith in that one unlikely piece of info.

Off-Topic: Karin needs to be in Super. She is just too good.
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By gosukiller
    @GetEveryone: I really can't bring myself to care about super anymore. Arcade edtion seems broken to me. The new two characters are the top-tier? Really Capcom? YOU JUST BLEW ME AWAY WITH THAT BALANCE PATCH!  

I think that MvC3 will be the last fighting game I'll care about in the coming years. Fighting games reawakend my competitive nature from Counterstrike, warcraft 3 and Battlefield 2. For me, that's not a good thing. It also brought back my saltyness. 

MvC3 seems fun werther I lose or win, which is why I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#260  Edited By Rhaknar
    @gosukiller said:
    " @GetEveryone: I really can't bring myself to care about super anymore. Arcade edtion seems broken to me. The new two characters are the top-tier? Really Capcom? YOU JUST BLEW ME AWAY WITH THAT BALANCE PATCH!   I think that MvC3 will be the last fighting game I'll care about in the coming years. Fighting games reawakend my competitive nature from Counterstrike, warcraft 3 and Battlefield 2. For me, that's not a good thing. It also brought back my saltyness.  MvC3 seems fun werther I lose or win, which is why I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. "
    you mean 4 new characters. Yun and Yang are alreayd top tier, and from what little time pople had with evil ryu and oni, so were they... but yeah, the point stands.

Anyway, my amazon order has been on "we are preparing this item to ship blablabla status" since last night, still no actual shipping... Im not gonna get it tomorow am I >_< fuck! Hope never dies I guess :(
    J_Las_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By J_Las_Vegas
    @gosukiller: 
    You can put me up on the list if you want.  I have my own copy now and will be playing until my PS3 dies.

@GetEveryone:
    I really recommend Skrull.  He's got loads of ways to set up his super combos from anywhere on the screen.  He's also really good at punishing keep away charcters like Arthur.
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By gosukiller
    @J_Las_Vegas: I also really like the way he says INFERNO!!!! when he does his super :D 

Yeah, I'll add you.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By Rhaknar

so my amazon order shipped...err..

Estimated Arrival: 23 Feb 2011

for this I paid 23pounds next day delivery? Yeah...im pissed. Im sending this shit back when i get it and they better fucking refund me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rhaknar said:

" so my amazon order shipped...err..

Estimated Arrival: 23 Feb 2011  for this I paid 23pounds next day delivery? Yeah...im pissed. Im sending this shit back when i get it and they better fucking refund me "

Don't send it back if you haven't already bought it (like, at a shop in the meantime). E-mail them explaining what you've paid for and you should almost definitely get the delivery costs refunded. This has happened to me a couple of times with both Play and Amazon, and both were quick to refund when I complained.
    Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#265  Edited By Codeacious

Adding all of you. My PSN is forexviii. US/CST. 

EDIT: Couldn't add Gosu because his friends list is apparently full.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Rhaknar
    @GetEveryone said:
    " @Rhaknar said:

" so my amazon order shipped...err..

Estimated Arrival: 23 Feb 2011  for this I paid 23pounds next day delivery? Yeah...im pissed. Im sending this shit back when i get it and they better fucking refund me "

Don't send it back if you haven't already bought it (like, at a shop in the meantime). E-mail them explaining what you've paid for and you should almost definitely get the delivery costs refunded. This has happened to me a couple of times with both Play and Amazon, and both were quick to refund when I complained. "
    aye they imediatly emailed me saying they will refund the shipping costs when i mailed bitching...

...but the thing is, when i put the tracking number on the UPS site, it DOES say it will be delivered tomorow >_> now i feel bad LOL. if it gets here tomrow ill mail saying not to refund i guess
    Jackile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#267  Edited By Jackile

So none of the people on my friends list have picked this up.  I'd love to game with some GB crew.  My psn is Ownington.  Send me a request I could use some friends who like fighting games.  Hope to play with a lot of you guys soon

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#268  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Jackile: Read the OP, READ IT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rhaknar: If it isn't recorded mail, don't bother. Be the bad guy and save yourself a bundle :) 

@Jackile said:
    " So none of the people on my friends list have picked this up.  I'd love to game with some GB crew.  My psn is Ownington.  Send me a request I could use some friends who like fighting games.  Hope to play with a lot of you guys soon "
    Sweet, man. There's a good balance between new-blood and old-guard (idioms!) now.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Rhaknar

well im off to work. im a sucker so ill pin my hopes on it arriving tomorow anyway, ima gonna be refreshing that UPS site every 10minutes at work until i leave at 8am :p

If / when it says the package is in portugal ill have a big boner, since it will most likely mean i will get it sometime tomorow indeed, and i have the weekend off work. wish me luck!

PS: oh and did you get yours yet Get, or going to a store tomorow?

Jackile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#271  Edited By Jackile
    @StarvingGamer: Touche sir.  Touche.
    Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By Codeacious

Well, played a bit with MikeFightNight, and that was pretty fun. I ended up doing a bit better than I thought I would, but I'm still screwing up in the second half of the game; I also need to learn to actually pull off a combo when I get a hit in (and learn how to actually GET hits in). 

BTW, if someone wants to hook me up with the Legit Text Chat, that'd be awesome!

nazer858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By nazer858

Got a few games in with a few GB people today as well. It's cool playing with everyone because you get to see a wide variety of characters played with an array of different styles. Capcom REALLY needs to roll out a proper lobby system so we can actually see some of each others games.

Oh, and don't mess with J_Las_Vegas's skrull, shits scary...

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#274  Edited By Enigma777

Just finished a few matches and you know what? This game just isn't for me. I'm not saying it's a bad game, hell it looks pretty damn good from what I saw, but it's just not for me. I'll stick to simple fighting games like SSMB. 

I think the PA comic put it best: 

No Caption Provided
    TenThumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By TenThumbs

This seems like a pretty good community, I'm hoping to pick this up today and wouldn't mind getting some people with it on my friends list.   

I should state right now that i'll be pretty rubbish though.   

Anyway I better get adding some of you guys from the front page.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isnipeyoudie said:
    "BTW, if someone wants to hook me up with the Legit Text Chat, that'd be awesome! "
    Just add any/all of us from the front page, and we'll invite you in, buddy. 

I'd love if the chat rooms stored the entire transcription of what went on in there. It would be over a year of absolute bollocks, adulation, glee and major saltiness.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By Rhaknar

after all this time, i just realised the other day that you dont need to be reinvited everytime, the chat room stays on your ps3 and u can just join >_>

wheres my marvel UPS dude! >_<

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By gosukiller

I had no idea I was such a popular dude.   
    I'll clean up my friendslist, must be some Demons' Souls people I can clean out.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By Rhaknar

where are you UPS guy :(

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By Loki9876

I will join but I got to warn you I am very bad at MVC3 at the moment
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By Rhaknar

MAHVEL BABY!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rhaknar said:
    " MAHVEL BABY! "
    Sames! What do you think?

I don't know what to make of it, to be honest. It feels a lot slower than I thought it would, but every character feels really satisfying. Nothing seems to make any sense, and I'm not going to hit training room while my mate is here, so it's effectively a button-masher till then. 

Other impressions: X-Factor seems totally broken; Super Skrull feels really nice, as does Taskmaster; I understand assists, but having trouble actually implementing them.  

Also, and this has annoyed me to no end, when tha fook do you actually attack? It seems some moves/pokes are randomly beaten out by other shit, with no discernible reason as to why.
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By VicRattlehead
    @GetEveryone said:

Also, and this has annoyed me to no end, when tha fook do you actually attack? It seems some moves/pokes are randomly beaten out by other shit, with no discernible reason as to why. "

i still dont really understand this either... ive taken to just pressing buttons alot and hoping for the best... 

seems the launcher is really unsafe so if you block one its a free punish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VicRattlehead said:

"seems the launcher is really unsafe so if you block one its a free punish "

Yeah, of the few things I managed to make out, I noticed that some stuff is either crazy safe or you have a punish-window of days. 

Got to get my coursework out of the way, but as soon as it's done I'm going fucking crazy with learning it. 

cr.mk isn't O. This blows my mind.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By Rhaknar

just messing around with training mode, did 1 arcade run on default difficulty (which unlocked 2 chars lol), just need tasky now. going back to training

when you start wave dashing around the game is much faster. looks amazing, plays smoothly, its completely bananas tho, like you both said.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Rhaknar

anyone for some games? wanna get my face smashed in, had enough of training for now :(

CFB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By CFB
    @GetEveryone said:
    " Also, and this has annoyed me to no end, when tha fook do you actually attack? It seems some moves/pokes are randomly beaten out by other shit, with no discernible reason as to why. "
    That's the exact problem I have. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually but for the time being I'll just be playing keep away with MODOK.
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By VicRattlehead
    @Rhaknar: ill be on in bout an hour or so if you wanna beat me up
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By Rhaknar

just played about 10 games with mech, bit laggy since hes in canada but was fun. 7-3 for him, that ammy combo that jeff couldnt block in the QL...yeah i couldnt either >_> dunno if its lag or what but oh well! some close games tho which i liked

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By Rhaknar
    @VicRattlehead said:
    " @Rhaknar: ill be on in bout an hour or so if you wanna beat me up "
    yes please, i REALLY wanna play someone in UK to see how the lag is, before i damn the game's network
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By VicRattlehead

me and cookies played earlier and tbh i cant remember any lag.... only haggar awesomeness 

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By Rhaknar

where are you europeans!

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By gosukiller
    @Rhaknar: My copy hasn't arrived yet, sadly.
    ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By ricetopher

Hope you guys are all enjoying the game. Also, Magneto is the truth.

And this is pretty funny too:

No Caption Provided

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By VicRattlehead
    @ricetopher: did you see the goes of his wolverine??... say what you want about how much of a jackass wong is but jesus does he know how to play fighting games
    ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By ricetopher
    @VicRattlehead: Dude I'm the bashing him at all, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I just got a good laugh out of that pic. And yeah his Wolverine is a monster.
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#297  Edited By Hizang

Anybody think I should retire online, I have no loses and one win, I have 100% Win Rate...I'm epic like that
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By animateria
    @ricetopher said:
    " @VicRattlehead: Dude I'm the bashing him at all, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I just got a good laugh out of that pic. And yeah his Wolverine is a monster. "
    I definitely think he changed his mind around once he started finding ways to shut out Sentinel.
    ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By ricetopher
    @animateria said:

" @ricetopher said:

" @VicRattlehead: Dude I'm the bashing him at all, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I just got a good laugh out of that pic. And yeah his Wolverine is a monster. "
    I definitely think he changed his mind around once he started finding ways to shut out Sentinel. "
    Whatever the case it doesn't matter. Was just a funny picture I thought I'd share. Don't need/want to start this discussion again
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By Rhaknar

turns out getting bodied 14-4 on your first day with a game isnt all that fun afterall >_> thanks vic, you just turned months of hype into depression :p

At least it was lag free! Stick to your region people!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.