Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

The Ten Commandments of Online Fighting Games!

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rbysjti

Just wanna share...",)

The Ten Commandments of Online Fighting Games!

1. Be the cheapest fighter in the world
    2. Also use infinites/glitches if you know any.
    3. Learn a few combos and you believe no one can beat you
    4. Use any character that the "pros" use
    5. Jump, air punch and low kick! *Rinse and repeat*
    6. Disconnect before you lose so that you can keep your winning streak.
    7. Always trash talk when you are losing, it allows your opponent to lose his focus
    8. Send Hatemail for hilarious post-fight conversations
    9. Scrubs are considered noobs that don't know how to adapt to fighting spammers.
    & Number 10 is the most important commandment of all

10. SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

It's terrible that one of these 10 things always happen, no matter what game. What happened to honor?! Then again who cares as long as you're....WINNING? 

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By groin

11. Mash during block strings.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By TechHits
    @rbysjti:  I'm guessing you had a bad run of matches.
    Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ulong

The person's spamming because he wants to play keepaway but the opponent is forcing him to just spam by essentially doing nothing. :(

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Druminator

I'm glad I don't play fighting games online.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By yoshimitz707

There's no such thing as cheap. Just because you couldn't figure out how to beat a particular tactic doesn't make it cheap.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By MysteriousBob

Alternate title-

10 signs that someone god damn sucks at fighting games.
    iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iDarktread

The other day on Marvel, someone raged half-way through the game when I was winning, so I sent him a mildly unfriendly message letting him know that wasn't cool.

He then proceeded to get angry at me, although he was obviously the one to blame.

Why are people like that?
    Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Colt
    @yoshimitz707 said:
    " There's no such thing as cheap. Just because you couldn't figure out how to beat a particular tactic doesn't make it cheap. "
    Well the disconnecting before you lose one is pretty cheap.. but other than that its pretty true. Everything in the game is available for both parties so keep playing until you are good enough where its not an issue.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Bestostero

Ah hate mail, trash talk and rage quitters, always fun and indeed present in most online games lol

FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FUN

I beat someone and they sent me a message saying "you only won because you were spamming the same zero combos over and over"

I replied to him "Yes, please teach me a lesson in not spamming, Mr. UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM"

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By TechHits

there could not be a more literal use of the phrase "Don't hate the player, hate the game"

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Vexed
    @TechHits said:
    " there could not be a more literal use of the phrase "Don't hate the player, hate the game" "
    This.  MvC3 is designed to be a fucking headache.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#14  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @rbysjti said:
    " 4. Use any character that the "pros" use "
    Well off the top of my head the "pros" use Akuma, Amaterasu, Chris, Chun-Li, C.Viper, Dante, Felicia, Haggar, Ryu, Spencer, Trish, Tron, Wesker, Zero, Cap, Deadpool, Doom, Dorm, Hulk, Iron Man, Mag, Phoenix, Sentinel, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Storm, Taskmaster, Wolverine and X-23. So I guess I'm allowed to use Arthur, Hsien-Ko, Jill, Morrigan, Joe, MODOK, Shuma, Super Skrull and Thor?

5. Jump, air punch and low kick! *Rinse and repeat*

Overhead and low attacks are the way you get around an opponent's block. Are you upset that holding back doesn't make you invincible?

10. SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

Sorry, I didn't realize it was dishonorable of me to play keepaway with my keepaway characters.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rbysjti
    @FUN said:
    " I beat someone and they sent me a message saying "you only won because you were spamming the same zero combos over and over"I replied to him "Yes, please teach me a lesson in not spamming, Mr. UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM UNIBEAM" "
    rofl! that was really funny. ",)
    ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

HYPER SODIUM FORCE.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @rbysjti said:
    5. Jump, air punch and low kick! *Rinse and repeat*6.
    Isn't this the basis of all SF games, it's how you get past blocks and shit. You might want to edit your post to keep it's hilarious nature.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By scarace360

If it works use it until they figure it out!

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Sooty

As soon as someone calls something cheap in a fighting game you know they're just bad.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @ThePhantomnaut said:
    " HYPER SODIUM FORCE. "
    Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Patman99

That is basically playing any game online. Change "cheapest fighter" for "cheapest gun/ability/whatever". There will always be a "noob friendly" character/item in the game. If they did not have that, no new people would play the game and the online community would only consist of the Bourgeois elites. If you have a bad game against a noob, just tell yourself that and remember that its just a game. While these frustrations may be present in a game, and at times detracts from the fun of the more experienced players, you have to realize that there is a purpose for them. Well except rage quitting, I hate that.

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rbysjti
    @Patman99 said:
    " That is basically playing any game online. Change "cheapest fighter" for "cheapest gun/ability/whatever". There will always be a "noob friendly" character/item in the game. If they did not have that, no new people would play the game and the online community would only consist of the Bourgeois elites. If you have a bad game against a noob, just tell yourself that and remember that its just a game. While these frustrations may be present in a game, and at times detracts from the fun of the more experienced players, you have to realize that there is a purpose for them. Well except rage quitting, I hate that. "
    QFT
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By keyhunter

This thread's making me wanna play mahvel baybeee

StrawHatLaw13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By StrawHatLaw13

You can't really blame someone for being better than you.  Well, you can...but yea, that's not how we grow and mature.
    And as for "cheap" moves, there's usually a particular way around those.

And lastly, don't give a fuck, you're supposed to be having fun. 

Edit: I take that last one back (just the don't give a fuck, still have fun yes?), I forgot we we're talking about fighting games for a sec.  Lol you can't play a fighting game and not be competitive.  And that's where the fun is.  The real fun is improving yourself and overcoming those little challenges (ie "cheap moves").   Fighting games require learning and practice, ALWAYS.  Sometimes you hit a plateau, think you're the shit, then get your ass handed to you.  And instead of feeling entitled to a win, and getting butthurt, see it as another challenge where you can improve yourself and be more badass.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Portis

The only fighting games I can be considered "good" at is Tekken -- and I played a fair amount of Tekken 6 on PS3. My blocked players list is absolutely huge because of that game -- I've never come across so many sore losers in a game community before, it was crazy. Even got some sore winners.

I honestly stay away from playing fighters online now, because of that experience.

StrawHatLaw13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By StrawHatLaw13
    @Portis said:
    " I honestly stay away from playing fighters online now, because of that experience. "

There's something about the anonymity in online fighters that makes the experience bitter sometimes.  It's hard to show respect, or remind the other guy it's all in good fun.  I miss arcades :(.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @rbysjti
    @Patman99 said:
    " That is basically playing any game online. Change "cheapest fighter" for "cheapest gun/ability/whatever". There will always be a "noob friendly" character/item in the game. If they did not have that, no new people would play the game and the online community would only consist of the Bourgeois elites. If you have a bad game against a noob, just tell yourself that and remember that its just a game. While these frustrations may be present in a game, and at times detracts from the fun of the more experienced players, you have to realize that there is a purpose for them. Well except rage quitting, I hate that. "
    QFT
    You realize he's disagreeing with almost everything you said in the OP right?
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Druminator said:
    " I'm glad I don't play fighting games online. "
    damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By damodar
    @scarace360 said:
    " If it works use it until they figure it out! "
    Yup. If they're doing something you aren't able to block and/or punish, why should they not do that? Anything that's been left in the game by the developers is fair game, in my opinion.

I get what you're trying to do with the list, but I don't see why you would list high/low mixups in the same place as rage quitting and hate mail either. Unless it's simply just repeatedly doing jumping H, crouching L. In that case, pushblock the H and if they press the L, punish it or something. 

But whatever, forget online dickbags, get involved in the local scene. Fighting game players are really the only gaming collective that actually get together to play their genre of choice face to face. People are way nicer to each other without the internet to hide behind, so get out there :P
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rbysjti
    @StarvingGamer said:
    " @rbysjti
    @Patman99 said:
    QFT
    You realize he's disagreeing with almost everything you said in the OP right? "
    Yes i do. I  posted that list not because i am doing it. Or let's just say mostly not all of em. I do try to spam but it also takes skill to spam. But i don't ragequit nor do hatemails.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@groin said:
    " 11. Mash during block strings. "
    My god, I hate online for this.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#33  Edited By FLStyle
    @StarvingGamer said:
    " @rbysjti said:
    " 4. Use any character that the "pros" use "
    Well off the top of my head the "pros" use Akuma, Amaterasu, Chris, Chun-Li, C.Viper, Dante, Felicia, Haggar, Ryu, Spencer, Trish, Tron, Wesker, Zero, Cap, Deadpool, Doom, Dorm, Hulk, Iron Man, Mag, Phoenix, Sentinel, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Storm, Taskmaster, Wolverine and X-23. So I guess I'm allowed to use Arthur, Hsien-Ko, Jill, Morrigan, Joe, MODOK, Shuma, Super Skrull and Thor?"
    Justin Wong recently put together a team of Hsien-Ko, Thor and Haggar, so the first two are now officially "pro" characters.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @rbysjti said:
    " @StarvingGamer said:
    " @rbysjti
    @Patman99 said:
    QFT
    Yes i do. I  posted that list not because i am doing it. Or let's just say mostly not all of em. I do try to spam but it also takes skill to spam. But i don't ragequit nor do hatemails. "
    No, I mean he's disagreeing with your opinion that the things on that list are terrible and dishonorable.
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

If someone spams and thats all they are doing you can get around it.  There are cheap things in the game but if  your good enough you can get around it.  The cheap stuff is all things lower level people abuse the hell out of so when you find a way pass that they immediately die.  Ifinites though seems like a problem with the game itself which is why I heard some tournaments flag you for using them and I hate the fact that they exist.  And that connection thing really really sucks.

Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ulong
    @SethPhotopoulos:

I get where you're coming from in theory, but those infinites (except the akuma one, but it's gone now), are actually really hard to do. All the tournaments i've watched, infinites have been allowed but thee only time I've ever seen it pulled off in an actual fight was that one guy who could do the magneto infinite.
    I was watching wednsday night fights stream last night, and ComboFiend was repeatedly trying to do the Captain America infinite and dropped it every single time, he's one of the TOP mvc3 players, and in an actual tournament setting he couldn't pull it off. It's one of those things where if you can actually keep one going to fulll on body a character, you've probably earned it.

You also get into a grey area where at some point the infinite started as just a basic combo that get's repeated, so if you ban it, you have to make up arbitrary rules like "you can do the loop twice, but after that it's too much" and it all becomes just really akward and random.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I have problems with projectile spam, but mostly because I'm not great at getting my super jump off.  Also playing on a pad makes it harder to fight fire with fire.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Brodehouse: Noway, MvC3 is way easier with pad. Unless you're trying to play Zero.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By rbysjti
    @StarvingGamer said:
    " @rbysjti said:
    " @StarvingGamer said:
    " @rbysjti
    @Patman99 said:
    QFT
    Yes i do. I  posted that list not because i am doing it. Or let's just say mostly not all of em. I do try to spam but it also takes skill to spam. But i don't ragequit nor do hatemails. "
    No, I mean he's disagreeing with your opinion that the things on that list are terrible and dishonorable. "
    Hmm. ok. Chill out.",)

@StarvingGamer said:
    " @Brodehouse: Noway, MvC3 is way easier with pad. Unless you're trying to play Zero. "
    lol. Zero is somewhat like playing Amaterasu
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40  Edited By Yanngc33

Jump with dante, press S, rince and repeat

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By rbysjti
    @Brodehouse said:
    "I have problems with projectile spam, but mostly because I'm not great at getting my super jump off.  Also playing on a pad makes it harder to fight fire with fire. "

It's hard for me to make combos in arcade though i can control my characters better in arcade. I guess, i just need more time practising combos in arcade. So far, i think i'm the player in our community whose really good at spamming. Spamming requires skills. :)
    Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#42  Edited By Dookysharpgun
    @yoshimitz707: Sorry, just jumping in here, but I've just gotta say....spamming projectile attacks, in any fighting game, isn't what I'd consider a 'tactic'...and its a cheap 'tactic' if we're going to argue on that point. Spam attacks have ruined fighting games, because of pure imbalance, I might not like or want long distance fighters, so what am I meant to do? The lack of any real baseline for combat between long range and short range characters makes modern day fighting games frustrating and boring....the amazing fact is that Super Smash Bros. is the only fighting franchise left that has a balance to it, as every character has use of projectiles in one form or other....hopefully MK will bring fighters back to the level where we can actually play fun games, and be rewarded for it, but right now, these 10 rules pretty much some up my feelings on modern day fighters....
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By rbysjti
    @Dookysharpgun said:
    " @yoshimitz707: Sorry, just jumping in here, but I've just gotta say....spamming projectile attacks, in any fighting game, isn't what I'd consider a 'tactic'...and its a cheap 'tactic' if we're going to argue on that point. Spam attacks have ruined fighting games, because of pure imbalance, I might not like or want long distance fighters, so what am I meant to do? The lack of any real baseline for combat between long range and short range characters makes modern day fighting games frustrating and boring....the amazing fact is that Super Smash Bros. is the only fighting franchise left that has a balance to it, as every character has use of projectiles in one form or other....hopefully MK will bring fighters back to the level where we can actually play fun games, and be rewarded for it, but right now, these 10 rules pretty much some up my feelings on modern day fighters.... "
    I don't think spamming ruins it. besides, it's easier to win when doing combos than spamming long range projectiles.
    Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#44  Edited By Dookysharpgun

But for those who don't know how to use combos, they just spray and pray. This makes the combo system useless to them because they know they can just spam their way to victory, thus, ruining the game, as they choose not to learn anything more than the 'tactic' they know will win...its actually sickening....

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By rbysjti
    @Dookysharpgun said:
    " But for those who don't know how to use combos, they just spray and pray. This makes the combo system useless to them because they know they can just spam their way to victory, thus, ruining the game, as they choose not to learn anything more than the 'tactic' they know will win...its actually sickening.... "
    We can't blame people who doesn't really know how to do combos or anything else aside from spamming because it's possible that they don't have consoles and they 're just not smart enough to pick up on how to play the game unless they have ps3 or x360 at home. I don't have a console and though i play with my friend who has ps3, i couldn't practice because he would always want to play versus when i really want to practice cos i really know that doing combos and aerial combos will make me win more.  It's even rustrating that he would always win. So since i have to rely spamming for the meantime, i really just try to be more careful. and this time, i can compete with him.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By lordofultima

"  What happened to honor?!"

Funniest shit ever.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47  Edited By demontium

You forgot disconnecting at all costs and sending salty messages.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.