Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel's Spider-Man

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 07, 2018

An Insomniac game exclusively for PlayStation 4 where Spider-Man strives to stop Mister Negative's terrorist plot against the city of New York.

Should I get a Pro before getting this game, or just get this game?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I've been holding off on purchasing Spider-Man because I want the best possible experience, but I'm wondering if it'll really matter. I have a 4K HDR screen, and I want to get the most out of it, but again, I'm not sure if it'll matter. Anyone here play the game on their base console on a 4K screen? How was it?

Edit - I've done it again. I just bought it. I have to work in a couple of hours, and I wanted something new to play when I get home considering I don't work until Friday after I get off today, so I wanted to sink some time into it. I'll just check it out on the Pro when I get a Pro. Regardless, has anyone played the game on a 4K screen on base hardware?

PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would just go for it, I played it on my base ps4 on a 4k tv and it still looked absolutely gorgeous, completely blew me away, especially when the city is in it's sunset phase. Enjoy!

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Base PS4s can do HDR. That's probably the biggest contributing factor to how good it can look, so you're probably covered. But hey, if you're rich and can just drop $500 for 1 game, go for it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@ntm: How many of these threads do you create where you end up NOT buying the thing you are asking about?

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No one needs a pro. It's only if you have the money to blow to get slightly better graphics.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Don't sweat it duder. I'm playing on a regular (or I guess a slim? either way, not a Pro) and it looks and plays great.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So, since a decision was made between me first noticing this thread and now, you sellin' your non-Pro PS4 OP?

Not that I'm actually interested in buying. I just wanna keep the conversation going.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

@facelessvixen: Ha, no. Actually when I get a Pro, and I most likely will get a Pro, I will be giving my base PS4 to my brother. Also, I am playing it now and aside from it looking blurrier than if it were in 4K, obviously, the game is great looking and really fun so far that I just don't mind the lack of Pro support. That said, I will definitely check the game out again once I get a Pro. I am curious, did anyone turn the QTE's off? I'm playing on hard which I think I'll enjoy more than starting off on easy or normal, but to alleviate any issues during cutscenes I turned the QTE's off. One other thing for right now, and it's about the base model compared to Pro: the base model I have, for more demanding games, which is most games now make the fan run loud, I'm curious if the Pro is any better.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

@facelessvixen: Ha, no. Actually when I get a Pro, and I most likely will get a Pro, I will be giving my base PS4 to my brother. Also, I am playing it now and aside from it looking blurrier than if it were in 4K, obviously, the game is great looking and a really fun so far that I just don't mind the lack of Pro support. That said, I will definitely check the game out again once I get a Pro. I am curious, did anyone turn the QTE's off? I'm playing on hard which I think I'll enjoy more than starting off on easy or normal, but to alleviate any issues during cutscenes I turned the QTE's off. One other thing for right now, and it's about the base model compared to Pro: the base model I have, for more demanding games, which is most games now make the fan run loud, I'm curious if the Pro is any better.

My PS4 Pro gets loud with Spider-Man in fits and starts, but it's nothing consistent or all too distracting.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cheetoman said:

No one needs a pro. It's only if you have the money to blow to get slightly better graphics.

Especially not for this game? The comparisons show only marginal improvements on the Pro.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It varies game to game, games like God of War that maintain 30 fps and 4k at all times are obvious improvements. Spider-Man does not maintain a full 2160p at all times, it averages out to around 1600p, but it is dynamic so some indoor scenes jump up to 2160p.

That being said, I was in the market for a PS4 Pro when they announced the bundle. God damn does the unit and controller look slick as hell. Super satisfied.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inevpatoria: My volume is loud enough so the consoles fan doesn't bother me much, but it is consistently audible when games are played.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

@inevpatoria: My volume is loud enough so the consoles fan doesn't bother me much, but it is consistently audible when games are played.

We have a base PS4 in the house that has basically the same problem.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NTM

@lukeweizer: It wouldn't be for one game. It'd also be for The Last of Us 2, and any other first party game in the future, as well as games that I could try from the past. Plus, my brother would perhaps help since he uses the systems too.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I finished the game on a base PS4. I got a handful of noticable frame dips, maybe 6-7 during the course of the game. And it wasn't ever especially bad. Just enough to notice basically. Overall I had no major problem with the base version. But I assume a pro wouldve deleted those minor annoyances.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.