Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Funniest ME2 Moment

DualFayte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DualFayte

My funniest moment would probably have to be the scene when EDI cracks the joke "I love the sight of humans on their knees." Joker's face was priceless!

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PulledaBrad

Its a quick moment but Grunt and Shepherd throw each other a quick glance before diving to either side to start a fire fight. It was like something out of an Abbot and Costello routine and I admit I giggled.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By gosukiller

The funniest moment for me was Mordins singing, which just blew my mind :) Model scientist Salarian indeed.
    The second moment for me was the reunion with Conrad Verner. The way he totally described my lifestyle (Living on the edge, looking for Credits in crates) was just awesome.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rowr

my favourite part was when evil "titi shepard" started dancing like a retard with a girl in a club only to be brutally shot down.

But almost all parts of this game are hilarious when your shepard looks like a cross eyed monkey. Especially when he has just been introduced as the saviour of the galaxy and had many resources put into reconstructing him. Not to mention he is an utter asshole uninterested in anyone.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By VanderSEXXX

mine would be listening to the bachelor party found in Illium where a Human, Salarian, and a Turian debate about sexual attraction to Asari. :p

Lamashtu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lamashtu

There was a moment in the citadel where an Alliance sergeant was "educating" his charges on the physics of vacuum naval gunnery combat that went something to the effect of: 

"Newton's Third Law states that an object will remain in motion unless acted upon by an outside force! So if a shell get's fired, it will not stop until it has hit a ship, or the planet behind that ship, or in 10000 years land on someone else's he's head! So whatever way you look at it, you are ruining somebody's day with this weapon! So no! You do not have the luxury of 'eye-balling' it!"
    LeBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By LeBart

Joker doing the robot dance at the beginning of Legion's side quest. That was pretty good. 
    Shepard kicking that Varren during the side quest where you need to save the quarian. They probably did not intended that as a joke but it was illarious.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gosukiller
    @LeBart said:
    " Joker doing the robot dance at the beginning of Legion's side quest. That was pretty good. Shepard kicking that Varren during the side quest where you need to save the quarian. They probably did not intended that as a joke but it was illarious. "
    I totally forgot Joker doing the robot! That was priceless ^_^
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Milkman

Shepard.

I should go.

Shepard.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By TheKidNixon

Two worth mentioning: 

Garrus and Tali talking about elevators while walking around the citadel. "I have a shotgun now."
     The quarian and turian on...Illium, I believe? Could be the Citadel as well. Anyway, the one where the turian clearly is into the oblivious quarian, who's having romantic frustrations.

Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Hilikus

Most of the stuff between EDI and Joker was great.

And while the moments surrounding the moment were anything but hilarious, EDIs whole "I enjoy seeing humans on their knees" got me.

ahab88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ahab88

The first time I took Jack into combat, I went around a corner and saw some bad guys and Jack said, "Hello dead people."

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dizzyhippos

"I had reach, but she had flexibility"

Avatar image for gelatinousgelboy
    Gelatinousgelboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Gelatinousgelboy

Okay, honestly this is secondhand, but apparently Tali says  this to her combat Drone:
    "Go for the optics, Drone. Go for the optics!" 
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By napalm

I was completing Grunt's loyalty missions and right when you're talking to the head honcho to start the contest rites thingy, his henchmen was shit-talking about him being tank-born. My female Shepard just looks at him and just dives her face forward and headbutts him... *THWACK!* He's like, "did you just... really? You just did what I think you did."

ZenPSY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ZenPSY

definitely has to be punching the reporter in the face......for the second time :D

j_meyer_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By j_meyer_13

So far, I would say Shepard head-butting the Krogan during Grunt's loyalty mission, or a simple little throwaway line I just heard from a Salarian shop owner on the Citadel: "It's stunning how many people think light moves faster though expensive fiber optic cables than it does through cheap ones."   Made me laugh, because 1: it's completely true, and 2: it applies to cables today, along with a lot of other things... xD

So many amazing little dialogue lines, facial reactions... for such a dramatic game, it has some damn funny moments.  =D

rohanspear345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rohanspear345

lol after pursuing a relationship with jack i noticed my picture of ashely williams in my cabin was face down on my desk. ps more ash in ME 3 pls my favorite anti alien bud

toolus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By toolus

Mordin's singing was probably one of the greatest moment in a video game ever.  But the stuff that really made me laugh was the stuff between Joker and EDI.

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#20  Edited By vager

Bringing Legion onto the Quarian Ship and them not caring.    

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By maxszy

So I romanced with Jack. (Who can turn down her eyes, lips and voice? Who cares that she's got tattoos everywhere or is bald!) This actually happened after I finished the game and after Shepard and Jack got together however:

I went in to talk to Mordin and he was like "actually yes I do want to talk to you." I don't remember the whole conversation but Mordin essentially went off and talked about how he knew Jack and Shepard were sexually active and how he had medical things to protect Shepard during relations because biotics are more "uncontrolled" during sexual activities. There was a lot more to it, and obviously I did a horrible time explaining it, but the conversation was just absolutely hilarious. It was fabulous. Icing on the cake for what is a fabulous game.

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mariek430

Bringing Legion to the recruit Tali mish. Got to Kel'raeger(sp?) and he says "uh theres a Geth right behind you" then later on when you get Tali she freaks out because of Legion. Legion just says "Do not worry we do not wish to kill the creators at this time" or something to that effect

swampwalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By swampwalk
    @Lamashtu said:
    " There was a moment in the citadel where an Alliance sergeant was "educating" his charges on the physics of vacuum naval gunnery combat that went something to the effect of:  "Newton's Third Law states that an object will remain in motion unless acted upon by an outside force! So if a shell get's fired, it will not stop until it has hit a ship, or the planet behind that ship, or in 10000 years land on someone else's he's head! So whatever way you look at it, you are ruining somebody's day with this weapon! So no! You do not have the luxury of 'eye-balling' it!" "
    "There will be no credit for partial answers maggot! "

The random conversations that the NPCs have are pretty damn memorable

"You sir, are a blight!"
    Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cornman89

Mordin's song.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Teran

I haven't finished yet but two stand out to me so far. 

I was trying to get into the quarantined area at Omega and finally just snapped: 

"Do we look like looters?" 

The guard stares at Shephard and my group for a second and just says: 

"Um.....   no."  and sheepishly opened the door. 

The other was accusing one of the shop employees in citadel of being classist, yelling it in the streets and eventually getting her employee discout at the store to shut me up.  Shephard says something like "Thanks, but you really hurt my feelings"

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By bwooduhs
    @Milkman said:
    " Shepard.  I should go.  Shepard. "
    ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ErrorOperator

NO! The funniest moment is when shephard is in lower afterlife and he fucking dances. Noone can dance better than shepherd!

Juvarial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Juvarial

Agreed with all above priceless moments all : ) 
    But personally (Yes im aware it was mentioned before) 
    Head butting a Krogan. Was bloody awesome : )

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By Dustpan
    @Vager said:
    "

Bringing Legion onto the Quarian Ship and them not caring.    

"
    Are you serious? things are very different conversation wise if you chose to bring Legion along when you go to the flotila for Tali's loyalty mission.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

the funniest thing I ever witnessed was an advertisment in the Citadel, an Elcor production of Hamlet.

Also, a Turian trying to get into the Citadel: "How dare you! This is a religious Heirloom!" and getting the response "Sir, that's a 25 inch serrated blade". 

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By Jost1
    Scientist Salarian by far
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ghostiet

When you meet Wrex, he hits another annoying krogan in his stupid face, telling him to speak when he is spoken too. Shepard (both male and female) just walks past that krogan with such an assholish smile. That blasted me.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ToxicFruit

I liked the " My name is commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the citadel " especially when I had done it with every store.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Capum15

Oh god, for such a serious game, almost every single person I've talked to has made me laugh.

A bit under 15 hours playtime and I just now got around to going to Tuchanka (Krogan homeworld). I laughed pretty loudly when I talked to the Krogan mechanic working on that giant truck.

"I've never seen a Krogan mechanic before."
    "What, you think we just kidnap Quarians and make them do the 'hard work'? Not anymore we don't." The way he says the last part is awesome.

Oh, and almost any Joker-EDI conversation.

Oh man, I just totally pet a Varren, then told it to 'Stay'. That's great. Oh yeah, and earlier I totally punched a monkey-looking thing while in the Krogan medical area. Pyjaks they're called. And I murdered like, 40 of them with emplaced cannons.

I love all the little things, from EDI telling you that you're in the wrong bathroom to Varren "dogfights", to the subtle nods to random quests that I did in ME1 (like that girl whos husband was killed by some kind of genetic disease, and she was scared for her kid). I also love how there are more random conversations now (at least it seems like it).

I have to point out, Tuchanka is completely different from what I thought it would be.

Edit: @Toxic: Oh god, I loved that part. Shepards the slickest dude ever to get a deal with every store in the wards like that.

Edit 2: Bahaha, I'm in the hospital, and I come across the Krogan scout you were asked to look out for. He kept saying he was too weak and pathetic to go back to the clan, but I managed to convince him.

Shepard: It would take a real badass to get all the way back to camp while sick.
    Krogan: I...can do it.
    Shepard: I said badass, not a little guy whining like a Quarian with a stomache ache.
    Tali: Hey, I'm standing right here!
    *Krogan says something then runs off*
    Tali: I can't believe that actually worked.

I love this game.

megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#35  Edited By megalowho

The Conrad Verner stuff is all pretty great, I laughed out loud. Something like "I just run up and talk to everyone, people just stand around waiting for you to say something! I also like to look inside crates for credits." Awesome. ME2 is surprisingly hilarous from moment to moment, game has a great sense of humor.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sixghost

I thought the Gamestop burn on the citadel was pretty funny. Even in the far flung future they'll still be asking you to trade in shit towards other shit.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sickVisionz

Moridin singing was funny but my favorite is on Illium at the bar.  There's a Turian, a human and a salarian getting a table dance from an asari for the Salarian's bachelor party and (not exact quotes): 

H: You see that dent there? 
    S: The thing on her abdomen? 
    H: Yeah, that's called a belly button.  Only humans and asari have them and later on you're gonna be takin shots out of it! 
    T: That doesn't sound very sanitary 
    H: Not the point, man.  Not the point.

dulmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dulmonkey

when you have to break up the fight between Jack and Miranda. On the way there Joker says:
    Take pictures. 

Brilliant.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By Vorbis

During Mordins loyalty mission you find a sick Krogan, get this dialogue with Tali in your party.

Shepard: "It would take a real badass to make it back to that camp injured"
    Krogan: "I can do it"
    Shepard: "You? I said a badass, not a Krogran whining like a Quarian with a stomach ache"
    Tali: "I'm standing right here!"

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

The Elcore   Spectre - "  Enkindle this!" made me laugh so hard! 

Joker talking to EDI - "if you start singing Daisy Daisy..." 

Garrus romance conversation - "You know me, I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sink. ... Wait. That metaphor just went somewhere horrible."     

When you Scan Uranus EDI says "Really commander?.... Fine, Probing Uranus." 

Joker -  "Well, Garrus finally pulled that stick out of his ass. Now he's beating people to death with it. I actually miss the old Garrus."     

"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel."  *Runs to next store* "I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel."  *Runs to the next store* "I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel."  

Tali and Garrus Citadel conversation

Garrus: Do you ever miss those conversations we used to have on the elevators on here?

Tali: No.

Garrus: It was a chance to grow closer, you'd tell us about life on the flotilla.

Tali: This conversation is over.

Garrus: Comeon, tell us about your immune system!

Tali: I have a shotgun.

Garrus: Ummmm, right, I'll shut up now.

JoshMcC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JoshMcC

I laughed out loud when on the Citadel at several of the custom tailored advertisements. 

Can't beat Mordin's singing though. Or his speech about mood music being required after you've gone mattress mambo with an alien species. Best Character in the game 

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#42  Edited By EpicSteve

"Don't embarrass me in front of the stripper!"

Izaak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Izaak

I just found it amusing that you can put a mining probe on Uranus. hehe. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Izaak said:
    " I just found it amusing that you can put a mining probe on Uranus. hehe.  "
    Wait what?  Where is the Sol System?
    sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By sickVisionz

^ Local Cluster

Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Semition

Definitely when talking to Mordin about having romance with Garrus.

Mordin: "Turians based on dextro-amino acids. Ingestion could cause anaphylactic shock. Don't *cough* ingest."

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By L33tfella_H

My Female Renegade Shepard Headbutting Michael Dorn who voices a Krogan.

Read that line over and over again, and realize how fucking amazing that sounds.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By hatking

There are some really great parts... and I forgot about some of these mentioned.  I like the part talking to Legion: 
    Shepard:  Where did you get that N7 armor? 
    Legion:  It was yours. 
    Shepard:  Why do you have it? 
    Legion:  I had a hole. 
    Shepard:  But why the N7 armor? 
    Legion:  I... had a... hole... 

It made me think Legion had a crush on me... which I'd be totally okay with... Legion is my friend. :)
    Avatar image for dancinginfernal
    dancinginfernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dancinginfernal
    @Cornman89 said:
    " Mordin's song. "
    /thread

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.