Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Gametrailers Review for Mass Effect 2

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Seppli

9.7! Wow!

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MachoFantastico

Sounds great, even Eurogamer gave it 10/10 and they are rather strict when it comes to their game reviews. Something as to be special to earn a 10.  

Can't wait, roll on Friday (or thursday)

M31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By M31

Has this game scored below 9/10 yet? Don't think so. Awesome!

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Daryl

spammmm

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Not going to watch it, trying to avoid as much story spoilers as possible.  I'd rather not know anything about it..
    But it's great to see it recieving such highscores.  10/10 for Eurogamer is very high praise.

lhaymehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lhaymehr

Yeah, Destructoid gave it a perfect 10 also.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CptBedlam
    @M31 said:

" Has this game scored below 9/10 yet? Don't think so. Awesome! "

Several German sites gave ratings below 9. A few 8.8s and a 8.2.  Sounds more realistic to me because the game is far from perfect.

Especially American gaming sites like IGN and GT always get carried away by the hype around huge games like ME, Halo etc.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By CL60

Nice.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

Awesome.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I go by gamerankings, however gametrailers reviews are better than sites like gamespot or ign imo which overates or underates everything. Mass effect got 9.7 at gametrailers, which is totally deserved.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By StaticFalconar

What? its not a perfect 10? You know this means Game trailers is saying ME2 is .3 points of imperfection and that i will not stand by. 

lols. 

though seriously, I was expecting a 9.5 or something

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#13  Edited By MachoFantastico

To be fair GameTrailers reviews have gone down the toilet big time over the past year, they've been getting a lot of hate for it to. The folks who review the games don't always explain themselves and there often poorly thought out.  

The one that comes to mind is the Uncharted 2 review, a game they endlessly attacked for not being original throughout but then gave Modern Warfare 2 such an high score despite being the exact same sort of game. So GT have gone down in many folks estimation. IGN are IGN, there reviews are often written well but there scores are all over the place.  

Giantbomb, Eurogamer and 1UP are probably the three main review sites are rely on for truthful scores.  

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By General_D23

1up A-.  

I need this game now. Just a few more hours, hopefully.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Branthog

That doesn't surprise me. The guy from Joystiq who wasn't incredibly impressed with the first Mass Effect (but thought it was good) said:

"The resulting concoction is the best game BioWare has ever made and the best action RPG in history."

DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By DrLove
    @CptBedlam said:
    " @M31 said:

" Has this game scored below 9/10 yet? Don't think so. Awesome! "

Several German sites gave ratings below 9. A few 8.8s and a 8.2.  Sounds more realistic to me because the game is far from perfect.  Especially American gaming sites like IGN and GT always get carried away by the hype around huge games like ME, Halo etc. "
    what sites? couldnt seem to find any..
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Branthog
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Not going to watch it, trying to avoid as much story spoilers as possible.  I'd rather not know anything about it.. But it's great to see it recieving such highscores.  10/10 for Eurogamer is very high praise. "
    Good call. I just started to watch it and it seemed less review and more "let me tell you the story of Mass Effect 2". Things that I hadn't previously known (basically, the whole beginning part of the game) and that seemed to have at best only been hinted at by other parties, before this review. That's a really shitty thing to do, even if it is at the start of the game. Experiencing it isn't the same as having some douchenozzle tell it to you, first. And the guys at Bioware obviously intended it to have a certain impact during play that anyone who watched the first couple minutes of the review won't have.

I need to remember that most reviewers aren't like the Giant Bomb crew, so you've got to watch out for "let me spend two minutes telling you exactly what happens in the story, instead of actually doing a review". My bad.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By penguindust
    DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By DrLove
    @Branthog said:
    " @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Not going to watch it, trying to avoid as much story spoilers as possible.  I'd rather not know anything about it.. But it's great to see it recieving such highscores.  10/10 for Eurogamer is very high praise. "
    Good call. I just started to watch it and it seemed less review and more "let me tell you the story of Mass Effect 2". Things that I hadn't previously known (basically, the whole beginning part of the game) and that seemed to have at best only been hinted at by other parties, before this review. That's a really shitty thing to do, even if it is at the start of the game. Experiencing it isn't the same as having some douchenozzle tell it to you, first. And the guys at Bioware obviously intended it to have a certain impact during play that anyone who watched the first couple minutes of the review won't have.  I need to remember that most reviewers aren't like the Giant Bomb crew, so you've got to watch out for "let me spend two minutes telling you exactly what happens in the story, instead of actually doing a review". My bad. "
    ya they spend the first-half of the review telling you everything about the story in the opening part of the game.  i just skipped ahead a bit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.