Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

New ME2 video featuring the Engineer class

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By penguindust

This new video appeared recently focusing on the Engineer class.  It seems Bioware has turned it into a "pet class" of sorts.  Engineers will be able to summon a bot that fights along side the player and can take possession of other robotic enemies turning them into fighters for your party through the length of the battle.  

I'm going to bet we're going to continue to see these types of trailers as we get closer to the game's 2010 release.  Bioware will probably do one of these for each class and each member of your squad.  I hope there are still some surprises left by the time the game hits store shelves. 

EDIT: Also according to news sources, Bioware has ditched the lengthy rides in the galaxy's slowest elevators for traditional load screens.  So, every time we move from one level in the Citadel to another we're going to see a load screen this time instead of hanging out in an elevator.  The later would have been okay with me if they could have given us some option to talk with your party members. 

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai

Cool. Engineer is the class I went with on my first play through of Mass Effect. Kinda weak at first but once you have him upgraded the engineer becomes (in my opinion) the most dangerous one in the game. Once I reached Level 30 I became walking death...lol

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NoXious

I'm still torn between either an Engineer or an Adept. They are making these classes way too fun compared to the Soldier.
    Guess it's going to depend on the party I want to play around with before I'll actually choose. 2010 is going to be a great year!

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wiseblood

I'm probably not going to play as a pure engineer myself so hopefully Tali gets the same abilities.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60

Off topic here but why do guns have ammo now?

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Skald

Tech > Biotics 
    Yeah!

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By eroticfishcake

I quite liked the elevator rides. They sort of had that awkward moment in an amusing way.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Skald
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " I quite liked the elevator rides. They sort of had that awkward moment in an amusing way. "
    The only problem was you never really knew how long it would take. That and it was quite boring.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @extremeradical: Were they really that bad? Because I don't remember them being painfully slow. That or maybe I'm a patient person.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Skald
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " @extremeradical: Were they really that bad? Because I don't remember them being painfully slow. That or maybe I'm a patient person. "
    I don't remember it being that terrible, but the elevator on the Normandy was pretty slow. I mean, the Normandy is the size of a really big airplane, how could an elevator-ride take that long? None of the elevators in the citadel bothered me, and I think they took longer. It must have been more of a perception thing, at least for me.
    Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wiseblood

I never understood why they split the Normandy into two "maps" with the loading in between them.  There are tons of areas in the game that are way bigger than both Normandy decks put together.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I played engineer in the first, I found that I would just shoot dudes with my shotgun, I never used any of the engineer skills because they seemed useless...

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hitchenson

Sure is cOLD in here. 

...I'd best get that freezing ability for my Infiltrator. 

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Good beans.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By xyzygy

It looks like they're really adding a lot of stuff in this game. A drone that you can send out? Sounds awesome.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By veektarius

I played a Vanguard - the video on that one looked kind of weird with his teleporting ability.  Not sure if I'll want to stick to that decision.

Bozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bozo

I wonder what types of abilities other classes will get . That drone is definitely interesting. God i can't wait for this game.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Skald
    @Bozo said:
    " I wonder what types of abilities other classes will get . That drone is definitely interesting. God i can't wait for this game. "
    Well, the adept still has force powers, the soldier can use different ammo types, and the engineer summons robots, and seems to debuff robots. 
    The rest of the classes are probably just combinations of the these three basic classes, just like they were in ME.
    Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wiseblood
    @extremeradical said:
    Well, the adept still has force powers, the soldier can use different ammo types, and the engineer summons robots, and seems to debuff robots. The rest of the classes are probably just combinations of the these three basic classes, just like they were in ME. "
    The hybrid classes also have unique abilities.   In Greg Zeschuk's interview with Brad he mentioned both the Infiltrator and Vanguard having unique abilities.   Gametrailers has video of Vanguard gameplay showing it having a charge ability.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Skald
    @Wiseblood said:
    " @extremeradical said:
    Well, the adept still has force powers, the soldier can use different ammo types, and the engineer summons robots, and seems to debuff robots. The rest of the classes are probably just combinations of the these three basic classes, just like they were in ME. "
    The hybrid classes also have unique abilities.   In Greg Zeschuk's interview with Brad he mentioned both the Infiltrator and Vanguard having unique abilities.   Gametrailers has video of Vanguard gameplay showing it having a charge ability. "
    Thank you, my Spartan-y avatar'd friend. This is nothing but good news for me, because I play as an Infiltrator. Can't wait for more info about them!
    Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Darkstar614

I enjoyed the engineer in the first one, made Insanity difficulty much more manageable. With Medic spec your First Aid could revive party members so you could just send them into rooms like lemmings.

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Ferginator4k

Love how they're making your class choice mean much more in Mass Effect 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.