Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Someone at BioWare has a skinhead fetish

Avatar image for sarcastic_fleeze
    Sarcastic_Fleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Sarcastic_Fleeze

That's the only conclusion I can come to when looking at that new trailer for Subject Zero.

Also, what's with these names BioWare? Grunt? Subject Zero? I get that names have to be memorable, but those names are the etymological equivalent of a kick to the groin. You want people to remember your names for the right reasons.

But yes, I'm feeling far less interested in Mass Effect 2 after Grunt and Subject Zero. I'll still be watching for further developments, and that assassin character was at least quite awesome... maybe I can use him to kill Subject Zero, hm. Okay, maybe they're onto something here.

Sarcastic_Fleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Sarcastic_Fleeze

That's the only conclusion I can come to when looking at that new trailer for Subject Zero.

Also, what's with these names BioWare? Grunt? Subject Zero? I get that names have to be memorable, but those names are the etymological equivalent of a kick to the groin. You want people to remember your names for the right reasons.

But yes, I'm feeling far less interested in Mass Effect 2 after Grunt and Subject Zero. I'll still be watching for further developments, and that assassin character was at least quite awesome... maybe I can use him to kill Subject Zero, hm. Okay, maybe they're onto something here.

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Novyx

So wait, you're less interested with more variety?

Sarcastic_Fleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sarcastic_Fleeze
    @Novyx: Variety is only as good as the options you're given. I can see the 13yr old male appeal of Subject Zero, but I don't have to like it.
    Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Novyx

Funny, because HK-47 was always my favorite Bioware character when I was 13.

Sarcastic_Fleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sarcastic_Fleeze
    @Novyx: HK-47 was a clever and original use of the classical Droid archetype seen in the original Star Wars movies. Subject Zero is a ham-handed version of Tank Girl combined with the faux-edginess you see on suburban kids with Japanese tattoos.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By damswedon

i think grunt and subject zero have taken the Kaiden and liara parts of my party.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Pie

Hairs hard to animate

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake

Not just BioWare, nearly every western game developer does.

Monkeygb21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Monkeygb21

Word!

Subject Zero kind of turns me off. She is aesthetically unappealing with an abrasive personality.  

Maybe we are all jumping to conclusions based on a single trailer.   But I plan to leave her on the ship for most of the missions.  

Grunt seems ok, but would it kill them to give him a real name?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By mordukai

Subject Zero kinda turns me on, very odd. I have been with a girl with shaved heads before but I never really found it very attractive. I think it's her take no shit from no one attitude. 

AlphaZro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AlphaZro

I like her to no shit attitude, besides folks this is only like trailer, we have no idea how her character will play out over the course of the game. As far as grunt goes well that feels like something a Krogan would name their kid, or would you rather Krogan Battlemaster?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.