Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Amazon has ruined my week...

GinjaAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GinjaAssassin

So I got an e-mail today letting me know my copy of ME3 has shipped to be here tomorrow. Great! Then, I got home to day and checked the status and saw that instead of sending the Xbox 360 version that I originally pre-ordered weeks ago, they decided I wanted the PS3 version instead. Guess I won't be playing until I send it back to Amazon...

Anyone else ever had Amazon send them the wrong console version? Normally, I wouldn't be so bent out of shape about it but all of my saves are on 360.

Damn...

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Phatmac

Sucks dude. Hope everything turns out well for ya!

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

Tell them it never arived

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

How did that happen, did you make a mistake when ordering...maybe you selected the wrong console?

Never had that happen to me.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @GinjaAssassin said:

So I got an e-mail today letting me know my copy of ME3 has shipped to be here tomorrow. Great! Then, I got home to day and checked the status and saw that instead of sending the Xbox 360 version that I originally pre-ordered weeks ago, they decided I wanted the PS3 version instead. Guess I won't be playing until I send it back to Amazon...

Anyone else ever had Amazon send them the wrong console version? Normally, I wouldn't be so bent out of shape about it but all of my saves are on 360.

Damn...

So...if you have both consoles just play the game. Or..you can contact them and tlel them about their mistake..They can easily ship it to you tommorow WITH next day shipping. 
    muktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By muktor

time to buy a PS3 than

and send the bill to Amazon

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mandude

Or role play it to the max. You and your crew have travelled through a black hole and entered another dimension. A dimension that looks better on the surface but features more scientifically unexplainable anomalies. As part of the disaster, you have lost some of your crew, and history itself has been rewritten, extending even to who your parents were, accounting for the slight changes in your facial features.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By big_jon

Punch them in the tits.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By mosdl

You probably pre-ordered the wrong version. Also, call them...

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Samaritan
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mordukai

@Captain_Felafel said:

Get in touch with Amazon support. They'll get back to you lickity-split and will sort this out for you. They might even rush-ship you a 360 version to get there ASAP. Most times, Amazon support staff will bend over backwards for their customers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510

I agree with this statement.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#12  Edited By pyromagnestir

Amazon and Lego are the only infallible things in this world. Check yoself, son.

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By cinemandrew

@GinjaAssassin: A friend of mine pre-ordered the tournament edition of Mortal Kombat (the super expensive one with the really nice fightstick) for Xbox from Best Buy. When he got the confirmation email, it said he had ordered the PS3 version. He called customer service, and they assured him that it would be fixed, and if not, there would be plenty of copies in store, and he would have no problem exchanging it on the spot. After explaining to the customer service rep that it was a very large, expensive, and uncommon item, my friend was once again reassured that he had nothing to worry about. He went to the store to pick it up on release day, and it was, in fact, the PS3 version. They were more than willing to exchange it for the Xbox version, except for one small problem: they didn't have any in stock.

So, after all that, he returned it, and left the store empty handed. Since there was such a limited supply of that edition, he wasn't able to find it in any other stores either. He ended up buying the game and the fightstick separately, so he didn't have to wait to play the game.

Now, he pre-orders from Amazon pretty much exclusively. It's really rare that they screw up, and when they do, they're usually good about making up for their mistake.

GinjaAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GinjaAssassin

@mandude said:

Or role play it to the max. You and your crew have travelled through a black hole and entered another dimension. A dimension that looks better on the surface but features more scientifically unexplainable anomalies. As part of the disaster, you have lost some of your crew, and history itself has been rewritten, extending even to who your parents were, accounting for the slight changes in your facial features.

That is hands down the best solution to this problem.

I already contacted Amazon and they are correcting the mistake. Rather since it hasn't arrived yet I have to wait and make sure it is actually the wrong version, then they will overnight the correct one. Not as mad at Amazon as I was a few hours ago.

Consaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Consaw

@GinjaAssassin: Did it specifically say it was the PS3 version or was it just the picture next to it showing up as the PS3 version? When I ordered the Darkness 2 the ship notification e-mail showed a picture for the PS3 version, but when it showed up it was the 360 version like I had ordered. This could of happened here.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By lego_my_eggo
    @pyromagnestir said:

Amazon and Lego are the only infallible things in this world. Check yoself, son.

Indeed i am
    DaemonBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By DaemonBlack

If they actually do send you a PS3 version, that blows dude. Let them know and hopefully they throw some amazon dollars your way at the very least.

l3roken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By l3roken

If you have a problem like this, you picked the best company to have it with. Amazon will do anything to help you out, whether it was their mistake or yours.

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Ketchupp

Yeah this isn't a problem. You'll most likely end up with free money to spend on more video games on Amazon.

autumn_thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By autumn_thunder

Wait I didn't double check my platform of choice before ordering

It's not in my confirmation email, Where do I find out this information

Consaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Consaw

@Autumn_Thunder: You just go to Amazon> Your Account > Your Orders and then it will be listed there.

DemBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DemBones

Your week won't be ruined as long as you have valid proof that you did pre-order the correct version. You should have contacted customer service the moment you noticed the error. Now, you have to wait even longer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazon is great about all sort of customer service stuff. You'll come out of this with something good.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hunkulese

Since it's all automated and it says they sent you the PS3 version it probably is your fault. It's extremely unlikely that you put the 360 version in your cart and paid for it and their computer system switched it to PS3 afterwards.

If they said they sent you the 360 version and you got the PS3 version I could see that being their fault but the way you said it happened is pretty much impossible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.