Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

EC Ending, What did you choose?

• 65 results
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

I haven't played it yet. Just watched it on Youtube. I think I'd still go with Synthesis.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmasheControllers

Without going into too much detail, which ending did you choose and why?

I personally did all of them and although all have their ups and downs, I think Destroy and Synthesis are my favorites.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmasheControllers

@LiquidPrince: Yeah I played through them with my default female Shepard, I need to playthrough all the games again for my prefect playthrough.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SlightConfuse

Refuse and control. Also how do you unlock synthesis it was blocked off for me

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince

@SmasheControllers said:

@LiquidPrince: Yeah I played through them with my default female Shepard, I need to playthrough all the games again for my prefect playthrough.

Yeah that's why I haven't played them yet. I'm playing through the entirety of the trilogy again on my PC.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmasheControllers

@SlightConfuse: You need a high Effective Military Strength, I've played so much Multiplayer I can't get a low EMS.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince

@SmasheControllers said:

@SlightConfuse: You need a high Effective Military Strength, I've played so much Multiplayer I can't get a low EMS.

Well it drops fairly quickly.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmasheControllers

@LiquidPrince: Not my Readiness, I've promoted 36 characters.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince

@SmasheControllers said:

@LiquidPrince: Not my Readiness, I've promoted 36 characters.

Does promoting characters raise your readiness permanently?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Turambar

Refusal.  It's the only one I liked in any amount.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LiquidPrince: Every character you promote gives you an extra 75 points of EMS, under your War Assets they show up as Special Ops Team, or something like that.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By TheHumanDove

I chose destroy originally. Haven't bothered to play the game ever again, but I checked out the 'refusal' option on youtube, and they ruined it. There was no argument of how the starchild logic was flawed, no reasonable approach in attempting to explain ones case. Shep basically says 'Fuck it' and everyone dies. It's funny because the refusal option was invented by fans on the forums, and it was done a million times better and more logically than what was implemented in this update.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By benjaebe

Destroy. Fuck the reapers.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince

@SmasheControllers said:

@LiquidPrince: Every character you promote gives you an extra 75 points of EMS, under your War Assets they show up as Special Ops Team, or something like that.

Permanently?

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LiquidPrince: Yes.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benjaebe: But what about the Geth and EDI? I want the Reapers dead but I care too much about the Geth and EDI, Legion didn't dead to save his people, just to have me kill them.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShadyPingu

Refuse. Because fuck authorial intent.

Retconned Destroy seems OK, too.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SlightConfuse
    @SmasheControllers Huh That is strange
    As prince said it drops fairly quick. I. Went from 92 to like 42 in a month or so
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#20  Edited By StarvingGamer

Control.

Because Paragon.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By N7
    @SmasheControllers said:

@benjaebe: But what about the Geth and EDI? I want the Reapers dead but I care too much about the Geth and EDI, Legion didn't dead to save his people, just to have me kill them.

EDI would have killed herself to take down a Reaper any day of the year, it was the decision she would choose. And Legion was one of the many sacrifices that had to be made in the war. I began my journey with destroying them in mind, and damnit, that's just what I did.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NTM

I chose the one that seemed like the best answer to me, synthesis. Also, this one was my third play through and it was the only one I hadn't chosen before.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Synthesis. Because its what I pick originally. Not sure its my favorite though. Its almost too perfect. I really like the new destroy, with the exception of EDI being dead :(

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@N7 said:

@SmasheControllers said:

EDI would have killed herself to take down a Reaper any day of the year, it was the decision she would choose. And Legion was one of the many sacrifices that had to be made in the war. I began my journey with destroying them in mind, and damnit, that's just what I did.

Apparently the Geth were fine. EDI bites it in the destroy ending because the Normandy gets caught up in the Reaper Killer Beam. I liked EDI, sure, but she wasn't alive. She was a machine.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By N7
    @Oldirtybearon said:

@N7 said:

@SmasheControllers said:

Apparently the Geth were fine. EDI bites it in the destroy ending because the Normandy gets caught up in the Reaper Killer Beam. I liked EDI, sure, but she wasn't alive. She was a machine.

But both EDI and the Geth are Reaper tech. What do you mean they were fine? Did I miss something important? I hope not. I don't want to make a fool out of myself again.
    pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pyrodactyl

lol, most people chose space genocide

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@N7 said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

@N7 said:

@SmasheControllers said:

But both EDI and the Geth are Reaper tech. What do you mean they were fine? Did I miss something important? I hope not. I don't want to make a fool out of myself again.

If there's one criticism I have about the new endings, it's that in Destroy, at least, the game doesn't exactly explain if the Geth are wiped out. They gloss over that whole thing. My interpretation is that the Geth went back beyond the Perseus Veil when the Reaper Killer Beam fired (as a direct order under Admiral "gives me wood" Hackett). The Normandy, if you watch the scene, was the last one out of the Sol system, and that's why it gets caught in the Relay network when the RKB fires through. Hence EDI getting fried.

I think. I think that's what happened. To be honest I was too busy sobbing like a woman listening to Hackett's "everybody be excellent to each other" speech to notice the finer details.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Refuse because it's what I wanted the whole time.

They spent at least 150 hours establishing that the Reapers are simply unbeatable. They are larger and beyond anything we could ever hope to understand (let's ignore Star Brat for just a second). Defeat with the hope of helping the next cycle (or the one after that or the one after that) to finally win against the Reapers is the most realistic and fitting ending possible. I'm beyond pleased that it was included.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By N7
    @Oldirtybearon: I know for certain that in my Destroy ending, it did not show the Geth, or EDI, die. But at the same time, it didn't show any of them during the ending whatsoever. Or maybe it showed EDI in the group while they were looking at the Sacrifice Board and I was too busy feeling emotions to notice.

But I'm not sure that you can refuse to give the Geth Reaper Code, but that's the only way I know they die, since the beam kills all Reaper tech... except the Mass Relay's...
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@N7 said:

@Oldirtybearon: I know for certain that in my Destroy ending, it did not show the Geth, or EDI, die. But at the same time, it didn't show any of them during the ending whatsoever. Or maybe it showed EDI in the group while they were looking at the Sacrifice Board and I was too busy feeling emotions to notice. But I'm not sure that you can refuse to give the Geth Reaper Code, but that's the only way I know they die, since the beam kills all Reaper tech... except the Mass Relay's...

EDI's name is on The Wall during Commander Shepard's memorial. Her name is second from the top on the right hand side. That's how I know she went offline.

Also, man, that fucking memorial, huh?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By N7
    @Oldirtybearon said:

@N7 said:

@Oldirtybearon: I know for certain that in my Destroy ending, it did not show the Geth, or EDI, die. But at the same time, it didn't show any of them during the ending whatsoever. Or maybe it showed EDI in the group while they were looking at the Sacrifice Board and I was too busy feeling emotions to notice. But I'm not sure that you can refuse to give the Geth Reaper Code, but that's the only way I know they die, since the beam kills all Reaper tech... except the Mass Relay's...

EDI's name is on The Wall during Commander Shepard's memorial. Her name is second from the top on the right hand side. That's how I know she went offline.

I've seen mixed emotions about the memorial. I was feeling manly tears(Or sobbing like a little girl. Either or), because the EC hit all of the right notes for me. It was a real bummer though. Liara(my Love Interest) was just standing there, in front of everyone, who were all clearly sobbing, holding Shepard's nameplate, not sure if she should add it to the wall or not because they haven't found his body... Fuck. That's some end-game MGS4 man tears right there.

Is it just me, or was that whole thing made somewhat more sad just by knowing Shepard survives? I can't help but imagine their faces when they see him again. :(
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@N7 said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

@N7 said:

I've seen mixed emotions about the memorial. I was feeling manly tears(Or sobbing like a little girl. Either or), because the EC hit all of the right notes for me. It was a real bummer though. Liara(my Love Interest) was just standing there, in front of everyone, who were all clearly sobbing, holding Shepard's nameplate, not sure if she should add it to the wall or not because they haven't found his body... Fuck. That's some end-game MGS4 man tears right there. Is it just me, or was that whole thing made somewhat more sad just by knowing Shepard survives? I can't help but imagine their faces when they see him again. :(

I don't think it was sad that Shepard lives. They didn't show a LI reunion because you can pretty much assume what happens for yourself. That's one case where nothing they do could do it justice, so they leave it up to the player. For me, Shepard wakes up in the rubble, is rescued Ripley style, and eventually finds his way back to Liara and the Normandy crew. That made my heart swell when my brain just connected those dots after watching the ending.

Like I said, it all depends on how you see things turning out, finally, for Shepard. For me, they turned out alright.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By N7
    @Oldirtybearon said:

@N7 said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

@N7 said:

I've seen mixed emotions about the memorial. I was feeling manly tears(Or sobbing like a little girl. Either or), because the EC hit all of the right notes for me. It was a real bummer though. Liara(my Love Interest) was just standing there, in front of everyone, who were all clearly sobbing, holding Shepard's nameplate, not sure if she should add it to the wall or not because they haven't found his body... Fuck. That's some end-game MGS4 man tears right there. Is it just me, or was that whole thing made somewhat more sad just by knowing Shepard survives? I can't help but imagine their faces when they see him again. :(

I don't think it was sad that Shepard lives. They didn't show a LI reunion because you can pretty much assume what happens for yourself. That's one case where nothing they do could do it justice, so they leave it up to the player. For me, Shepard wakes up in the rubble, is rescued Ripley style, and eventually finds his way back to Liara and the Normandy crew. That made my heart swell when my brain just connected those dots after watching the ending.

Like I said, it all depends on how you see things turning out, finally, for Shepard. For me, they turned out alright.

Oh totally. I actually would NEVER want to see it because it wouldn't be, or rather, it couldn't be as awesome as I can imagine it to be. I'm good enough thinking "I bet they lived their life happy and without the constant threat of eternal doom". And that's all my Shep could ever ask for.
    Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bobstar

I don't understand why anyone would choose anything other than Control. I mean, you don't get the cons that come with the Destroy options, and you don't have to live as a hybrid man/machine in the Synthesis option.

And my understanding of the refusal option was basically "well we failed to stop anything but here's all of our archives so you don't have to go though the same thing".

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By AngelN7

I chosed Destroy since that was the one I picked on my first playthough and man... I was Awww-ing the whole time, I almost dropped my controller when that beam from Harbinger hit the Mako and almost kills Garrus , that's when it finally kicked for me 'oh crap this is totally new' , after you pick your choice they show you the characters who died noding at you (Anderson , EDI and Tali) wich was different right? before it was Anderson , Joker and Liara ...

So yeah EDI told me she felt alive but she understood that the sacrifices made in the war were not in vane as long as you kept fighting for what you belive is right and I sided with the Geth wich cost me the lost of Shepard's love interest only for them to die in the blast ( you don't see any Geth ships when Sword and Shield are are retreating from the system, I don't know if they show up in the other endinds though), but I though that was the right thing to do Organics can build synthetics again and hopefully correct the mistakes of the past is a war it wouldn't make sense to have everyone alive I think is more meaningfull that way in other to defeat the Reapers entire civilations had to die in other the save millions more, Control seem just crazy and open for somethimg bad in the future (plus that's what the Illusive man wanted) and I'm ok with Syntesis I might choose that for my second playtrough but I couldn't agree with that idea since it would mean organics not longer being independent would that means they wouldn't die or something? plus I don't think that should be the way for organics to evolve it should be natural 'organic' ... anyways I really liked the EC it address what I though the ending was missing plus they put all those breakfast club stills 'Zaeed is having a mojito!' and alll that cheese that I just loved.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#36  Edited By galiant

I enjoyed "Control".

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By dr_mantas

I'm trying all of them, but it takes fucking forever with all the unskippable cutscenes. I think Synthesis is supposed to be the correct ending, but Control is the most intriguing for me.

I mean, in Control, Shepard becomes a fucking immortal god. And he's a benevolent god.

So you can only imagine what kind of Eldritch Abomination he'll become in a few hundred millennia.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NTM

Yaaaay. I can post again. I don't remember if I replied to this in form message, but I chose Synthesis. For a couple different reasons really, and it ended up being my favorite, or at least second favorite, but I believe favorite. This extended cut ended up on my third play through, and since I've chosen everything else, I thought I'd go with the other one, so yeah.

Edit - Oh, I did post here. Something else I wanted to bring up since I can't for some reason make my own thread right now; did anyone else here know that or notice that Mordin was voiced by two different voice actors in both ME2 and three? I just figured that out a couple of days ago and was kind of astonished. I didn't even notice it!

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Synthesis the most, but Destroy gave me the most "happy ending" feel weirdly enough.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By AngelN7

@NTM said:

Yaaaay. I can post again. I don't remember if I replied to this in form message, but I chose Synthesis. For a couple different reasons really, and it ended up being my favorite, or at least second favorite, but I believe favorite. This extended cut ended up on my third play through, and since I've chosen everything else, I thought I'd go with the other one, so yeah.

Edit - Oh, I did post here. Something else I wanted to bring up since I can't for some reason make my own thread right now; did anyone else here know that or notice that Mordin was voiced by two different voice actors in both ME2 and three? I just figured that out a couple of days ago and was kind of astonished. I didn't even notice it!

Really? while the new guy did a good job in sounding Mordin-ish since that E3 demo it was clear he wasn't the same VO at least to me , to bad they couldn't get Michael Beattie to sign Scientist Salarian again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destroy n I loved the added scenes n the added dialogue. They really explained their initial ending. I did all of them but I felt destroy was the right one, the one my Shepard would do; but if I had to choose a scond one it would be systhesis. Also the control one reminded me of Neo in the end of the 1st matrix which was kool lol.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NTM

@AngelN7 said:

@NTM said:

Really? while the new guy did a good job in sounding Mordin-ish since that E3 demo it was clear he wasn't the same VO at least to me , to bad they couldn't get Michael Beattie to sign Scientist Salarian again.

Yeah, I didn't notice it. Maybe my memory doesn't serve me well when it comes to ME2 then. I may have to replay two and three back to back to really notice it. Also, I believe the guy that did Mordin on the E3 demo was Mark Meer (the guy that does male Shepard), not the guy that did him in the actual game.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#43  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Same decision I made the first time round - synthesis.

Still felt pretty damn good about the decision too!

Avatar image for onebuttonjoystick
    onebuttonjoystick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I chose destroy because it is the only one that didn't lead to enslavement, in synthesis the reapers still dominate all life by giving organics and synthetics a future, an idea the geth opposed in me2, control would also lead to enslavement, even if shep was benevolent, if there is a way to control the reapers another elusive man would come along and figure out how to co opt it, the only choice that puts destiny back in the hands of the living is destroy

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pinworm45

Originally went with Destroy because my Shepard agreed with the Illusive Man. Humanity First. Kind of pissed me off you couldn't side with him, actually. Also he wanted power. I did not like that ending.

Chose Destroy this time around. It just kind of makes more sense, I came to stop the reapers, that's what I'll do, and my Shepard was always willing to make sacrifices. I thought this ending was alright, but I still hate the explanation for the reapers purpose.

I also watched Control and it's better too.

Overall I think I like Destroy the most because it's the most "normal" and fits the games the most. Control is okay but kind of weird, synthesis is just retarded.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#46  Edited By jimi

Control, the reapers are too useful to kill provided they are controlled.

Just gotta hope reaper-shephard doesn't go insane and become the last boss in mass effect 4 or something.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47  Edited By Yanngc33

I went synthesis, because what's cooler than becoming half robot?

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#48  Edited By Svenzon

@benjaebe said:

Destroy. Fuck the reapers.

Word! Felt kinda bad about killing the Geth after what I achieved on Rannoch though.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Roger778

I finished a new playthrough of Mass Effect 3, today , and with the Extended Cut installed. Because of that, it felt like a brand new game to me.

I chose the Synthesis option, because that sounded like the best and most peaceful option to me. The new ending was powerful to watch, and seeing the war end and the reapers joining the humans made me shed a tear. Zack Shepard (my character) died, but he still saved the galaxy.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By OmegaChosen

Refuse because why not. We all die anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.